SummerSlam Rate Summerslam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
7/10, the show was good but the best highlight was definitely Cena/Lesnar. I loved that match. Everything else was pretty quality too, but the main event stole it for me.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
9/10. Fantastic show amidst low expectations.

Enjoyed the IC Title match. Miz is really coming across as a guy who's doing fine character work combined with maximizing his limited in-ring ability, and he deserves some props (and Senhor can just read the "little in-ring ability" part). He still needs a guy who can make a match entertaining on his own though, and Ziggler's the perfect guy to do it. Neither of these two are going anywhere so the Curse of the IC Title doesn't apply so these two can feud forever if they can keep it fresh

AJ vs Paige I'll talk with people on Skype about since the rest of you don't care, but it's definitely a positive for the show.

Don't like talking about selling but loved it in the "flag match" as Rusev actually had to kneel down to lock in the Accolade, giving Swagger an out to reverse it... then it just got too much. Perfect booking on display here, marked for the shot to Zeb and love that they're unafraid to actually have segments on PPV now that get heels a ton of heel heat. Nine ninety nine.

Ambrose vs Rollins there just isn't words for. Loved every second of it, not even the bald dude from Office Space could kill this buzz, especially since Golddust attacked him because the Rhodes brothers hate the Authority. Yay continuity!

Four matches, four overdelivering, then Stephanie and Brie came out. Oy. Surprised to see Stephanie get as much offense as she did but she looked great in the ring for someone so rusty. Very impressed. Figured they had some kind of climactic finish planned but sadly it ended with the one black mark on this PPV. Sadly, arguing about this Nikki Bella heel turn will be like a TNA hater arguing with me.

Although here's reason [HASHTAG]#412[/HASHTAG] how Cena is in cahoots with the Authority... just saying... ;)

Reigns vs Orton had shitty match written all over it and then it didn't suck and Roman held his own. Yay!

And after all these years, hot damn was it cathartic to see Cena's smug smile get permanently disfixed at the hands of Brocccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk Lesssssssnarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Loved every second of this match as I watched with a sick, sadistic smile. Cena, you had it coming. :yes:

The only problem here is that Brock feels like a supernatural being after beating the Streak and dismantling Cena. He's ten steps above the entire rest of the roster and nobody can believably challenge him. In theory this should make for the perfect underdog story, but we know how WWE loves to quit on guys. Only time will tell. Either way for right now, I loved this show and it gave me some hope for the future, can't wait for the next promising young talent they bury to take it away again. Yay wrestling!

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'd give it 8/10 enjoyed every match pretty much my interest in WWE has been restored looking forward to seeing who takes on lesnar at NOC

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
9/10. Fantastic show amidst low expectations.

Enjoyed the IC Title match. Miz is really coming across as a guy who's doing fine character work combined with maximizing his limited in-ring ability, and he deserves some props (and Senhor can just read the "little in-ring ability" part). He still needs a guy who can make a match entertaining on his own though, and Ziggler's the perfect guy to do it. Neither of these two are going anywhere so the Curse of the IC Title doesn't apply so these two can feud forever if they can keep it fresh

AJ vs Paige I'll talk with people on Skype about since the rest of you don't care, but it's definitely a positive for the show.

Don't like talking about selling but loved it in the "flag match" as Rusev actually had to kneel down to lock in the Accolade, giving Swagger an out to reverse it... then it just got too much. Perfect booking on display here, marked for the shot to Zeb and love that they're unafraid to actually have segments on PPV now that get heels a ton of heel heat. Nine ninety nine.

Ambrose vs Rollins there just isn't words for. Loved every second of it, not even the bald dude from Office Space could kill this buzz, especially since Golddust attacked him because the Rhodes brothers hate the Authority. Yay continuity!

Four matches, four overdelivering, then Stephanie and Brie came out. Oy. Surprised to see Stephanie get as much offense as she did but she looked great in the ring for someone so rusty. Very impressed. Figured they had some kind of climactic finish planned but sadly it ended with the one black mark on this PPV. Sadly, arguing about this Nikki Bella heel turn will be like a TNA hater arguing with me.

Although here's reason [HASHTAG]#412[/HASHTAG] how Cena is in cahoots with the Authority... just saying... ;)

Reigns vs Orton had shitty match written all over it and then it didn't suck and Roman held his own. Yay!

And after all these years, hot damn was it cathartic to see Cena's smug smile get permanently disfixed at the hands of Brocccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk Lesssssssnarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Loved every second of this match as I watched with a sick, sadistic smile. Cena, you had it coming. :yes:

The only problem here is that Brock feels like a supernatural being after beating the Streak and dismantling Cena. He's ten steps above the entire rest of the roster and nobody can believably challenge him. In theory this should make for the perfect underdog story, but we know how WWE loves to quit on guys. Only time will tell. Either way for right now, I loved this show and it gave me some hope for the future, can't wait for the next promising young talent they bury to take it away again. Yay wrestling!
Nice recap, pretty much agree... Snow.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
You people are too jaded. The hate for John Cena is ridiculous.
All of you seriously need to get a hobby.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
You people are too jaded. The hate for John Cena is ridiculous.
All of you seriously need to get a hobby.

This is our hobby. We love the "sport" enough to have signed up here. This is Pro Wrestling 101, you pay money to watch someone get their ass kicked and then get really happy to see it. That's what sold stuff back in the day and that's the easiest way to sell it now.

Besides, us jaded internet assholes are all enjoying the show. Sure you appreciate that. :)

Sure none of us... well... hope none of us are really hoping John Cena (the actor) is actually injured by this, and if so here's to a successful recovery. John Cena (the character) got the asskicking he's had coming for a while, so :yay:

Reactions: Roi and Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Duhhhh what are we doing here numb nuts?
For you this is an obsession.
Like going on a Wrestling forum and posting as much as possible?
Jelly? Clearly. I have my reasons. You have a gimmick, I don't. I don't envy you in the least, dude.
This is our hobby. We love the "sport" enough to have signed up here. This is Pro Wrestling 101, you pay money to watch someone get their ass kicked and then get really happy to see it. That's what sold stuff back in the day and that's the easiest way to sell it now.

Besides, us jaded internet assholes are all enjoying the show. Sure you appreciate that. :)

Sure none of us... well... hope none of us are really hoping John Cena (the actor) is actually injured by this, and if so here's to a successful recovery. John Cena (the character) got the asskicking he's had coming for a while, so :yay:
Probably the most tasteful post I've read in some time.