Rate Smackdown Live! 8/8/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live

• Total voters

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
As SWL said though, the heel that only wins through cheating is normally not bad but my gosh how many of those do we need. Between 2015 Rollins and 2016 Owens and 2017 Mahal those are three of the longest reigning world champions, add in the midcard titles and there's countless worthless heel champs lately and a few babyfaces - hi Bayley. We need to give it a rest.
Exactly...we've seen the same old shit with Owens & Jericho, Miz & Maryse
and Jinder and the Singh Brothers...

Carmella said in an interview the reason why they drafted her to SmackDown
was so she could stand on her own...away from Enzo & Cass...but then they
have just teamed her up with Ellsworth...so they obviously don't think she
can stand on her own.

She did fine against Nikki Bella (although she really should have won at
least one of their pay per view matches) so why not let her be an aggressive
new heel attacking and feuding with all the veterans on the blue brand.

I honestly believe the entire Ellsworth sidekick plot was meant for Eva Marie...
and when Eva was suspended Carmella was turned heel and eventually
paired with Ellsworth.

billiken-japan-vinyl-laserblast-alien_1_7a3f4288178011e1ca4525bb3d6844a6.jpg

Unrelated pic of James Ellsworth...

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
But mainly, I feel really bad for Becky. I was totally okay with Ellsworth winning the first, because Becky looked up with this look of "this is bullshit" as Ellsworth grabbed the briefcase and the commentary put that over, and Becky was the main one fighting for the rematch that won't and that way... and she was prepared for Ellsworth to interfere anyway, fought him off just for Carmella to just "cheat" and beat her with a chair... And then the angle was dropped... Don't drop that! Stick with it! Feel justified in your anger, Becky! Go after her! Don't just dork around in catering!
Amen! Becky always seems to get the shortest straw as far as the booking goes.
I swear I just want her to snap and start breaking arms Pentagon Jr. Style.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Oh...and one more thing...(Sorry for the triple post)
but Baron Corbin's new music sucks on toast!

This is just my opinion...but his old theme was perfect...

Why change what works?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score

Why change what works?
I.. oddly.. agree.. with you. I mean we haven't heard the full song yet, but the intro to it is pretty bland. Besides, a long ass intro doesn't really make sense for a guy that always storms out of gorilla the second his music hits lol.
WWE has recently been on a role of things that aren't broke but they still wanna fix it. Like the Usos' or Pete Dunne's theme songs

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Oh...and one more thing...(Sorry for the triple post)

Why change what works?

Have to ask Vince on this one... Or Road Dogg.

"Hmmm. What are the pros and cons of a Corbin push?"

"Well, he's never put on a particularly good match... Doesn't have much of a character... Won't get over on the stick... He's tall and has sweet theme music that makes an imp-"

"Ah-ha! Give him some orchestral shit!"

Reactions: collim1

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
My final gripe comes with Jinder losing. To be straight, it's the dumbest decision I've seen in a very long time

Could not agree more and the worst part was Jinder got pinned clean, in the middle of the ring. Granted, Randy's counter into the RKO was great looking but from a booking perspective, just a horrible decision. The only thing I can possibly think of is that perhaps WWE wanted to give Randy a win back after he put over Jinder on three straight PPV's but even if that's the case, they could not have found the worst time to do it. You just can't pin the world champion on a random SD and you certainly don't pin him two weeks before one of the biggest PPV's of the year against an undefeated opponent.

Aside from that, the show was pretty good overall and gave it a 6/10 myself.

Oh, one side note: We all are well aware of how good Kevin Owens is on the mic and he wastes little time proving that pretty much every single week, from his promos and his trash talk during matches to his commentary when joining the booth. What I'm about to say may sound like a stretch or me exaggurating but I honestly believe he's almost the next Rock. Granted, there will always be one Rock but if there will ever be a guy that will come any close, I feel KO is the guy because he obviously has the comedy aspect as well. And by the way, since I can see the argument coming, I'm not neglecting John Cena but his greatness in his promos is different so not adding him in this discussion...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I.. oddly.. agree.. with you.
Wow...some common ground...Nice.

"Well, he's never put on a particularly good match... Doesn't have much of a character... Won't get over on the stick... He's tall and has sweet theme music that makes an imp-"

"Ah-ha! Give him some orchestral shit!"
"He can't look more imposing than *Name withheld*! Change his music
and book him to job to Cena at SummerSlam. He can still cash in on that
Jap fellow but"

"Vince...have you taken your meds today?"

"YES! Why does everyone keep asking me that? Now where is Trish?"

"Her name is Alexa Bliss Vince"

"Whatever! Have her come to my office in her ring gear...tell her to wear
some knee pads. I hope she does a good dog impression"

"Oh Dear Jesus"

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

- Fashion police continues to entertain.

- Usos vs Zayn & Dillinger was good. Starting to dig the adjustment to the Usos theme song. I also liked seeing the New Day being more aggressive. This is all around a really good feud. Shame that they are the only 2 teams in the division wrestling atm.

- Good segment between KO, AJ and Shane. This feud is finally starting to kick it up a notch. It only took them 4 months lul.

- The RKO was pretty bitchin.

- Rusev MACHKAAAAA.

Cons :

- WWE Champion loses clean in the first ever GRUDGE match. Randy has been killing it with these stupidly named, and bat shit crazy gimmick matches this year.

- Lana vs Charlotte was just pointless.

Everything else was ok.

Overall : 6/10

Reactions: Solidus1