Rate Smackdown Live! 8/8/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Smackdown Live and make sure to leave a comment or two to let everyone know what you thought of it.

Opening

John Cena went through one of his general spiels about being fired up. He then talked about the Nakamura match from the previous week. When he began talking about Nakamura and shaking hands, Baron Corbin came out and commented that he was the future and Cena was the past. Cena pointed to a sign in the audience that mocked Corbin. Cena challenged Corbin to a match but Corbin told Cena he wasn't worth Corbin's time.

Then as Corbin was leaving, he was interrupted by Daniel Bryan. Bryan made a match at Summerslam between Corbin and Cena.

The Usos vs Sami Zayn and Tye Dillinger

The Usos won by submission

Fashion Peaks

Fandango claims he was abducted by aliens and that anal probes and wardrobes were the reasons he didn't leave, even though he could whenever he wanted. They were then approached by Arn Anderson and made a comment about him hurting Tully the Horse, but Arn obviously thought they meant Tully Blanchard. He took two donuts and left.

Charlotte Flair vs Lana

Charlotte won by submission

US Title Match Interview

Shane McMahon came to the ring to interview both AJ Styles and Kevin Owens. Shane reminded KO that he mentioned Shane couldn't be unbiased. KO said he was wrong and that he shouldn't assume that Shane would try to screw him as a McMahon already tried to screw a famous Canadian, referencing the Montreal Screwjob. As the crowd chanted "You screwed Bret," KO then told them that Bret deserved it but that he wouldn't. Then he said he wasn't worried about Shane being biased because AJ and Shane had a match at Mania.

AJ then accused KO of trying to stir the pot. AJ said if Shane tried to screw him that Shane would pay the consequences... and that he didn't trust a McMahon. Shane told AJ he wasn't like that, but then KO showed a match between Steve Austin and Mankind in which Shane screwed Austin.

Shane insisted he would call the match right down the middle and would not get involved unless he has to. He then warned both guys to not give him a reason to get involved. AJ then challenged KO to an immediate title match. But KO declined because he wanted to win the US title in the US in a city that mattered. AJ told KO that this was the closest he would get to the US title. KO hit AJ and Shane then tried to hold KO back. AJ went to hit KO with a pele kick but hit Shane instead. KO left the ring.

Naomi vs Carmella

Carmella won by pin fall due to interference by Ellsworth. Backstage, Natalya approached them after the match and told them to stay out her title match at Summerslam.

Grudge Match: Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal

Randy Orton pinned Mahal. Right as the show ended, Rusev attacked Orton with a kick.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Enjoyable opening, enjoyable interview with KO and AJ. None of the matches were anything to jump up and down about but for the most part they were okay. Nothing was so dreadfully boring that it dragged on forever. A solid 7. Some good storytelling if not anything else.

I could have done without the Orton and Mahal main event. Those two aren't interesting when it is for the belt, much less not for them.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This week on the Becky & Charlotte Show...

~ Cena vs. Corbin at SummerSlam? Well hopefully Cena puts
Corbin over before he (possibly) jumps ship to RAW to replace Brock.

Although...I'm guessing its just false hope...

~ Its a real shame to see Sami & Tye suffer a loss...

but...

The Usos & New Day are keeping their feud hot...which
is important. Hopefully both teams get enough time to put
on another great match at SummmerSlam.

~ I'm glad Tyler Breeze is getting some TV time...but the
Fashion Files has never really done anything for me.

I just don't get it.

~ And Charlotte defeats Lana in a pointless match that is
pointless.

Throw as much dirt on Lana as possible WWE...bury the poor
woman as much as you have buried her husband.

I will admit it is always nice to see my Bae Charlotte...

f7_Asn_WP.png

*Sigh*

Shame her booking on SmackDown so far has been awful...but
I guess anything after last year would be a disappointment.

And yes...I did notice that Lana nearly revealed the Queen's backside
to the world...but...I have no comment on the matter.

My Lord they make a beautiful couple...Tea Time!

~ I hope Shane doesn't ruin the Owens/Styles match...but...
again this may-be false hope.

~ The Tamina/Lana dynamic just doesn't work...at least in
my opinion. I think they should be replaced by Peyton &
Billie from NXT. Now that would be fun, fresh and interesting.

~ Oh Joy...Ellsworth is back...and Naomi gets pinned...this
is just awful...

It makes Naomi look weak as a champion and Carmella looks
like she can't achieve anything without Ellsworth...

And meanwhile Charlotte is wrestling Lana and Becky is
nowhere to be seen.

Ugh...

~ Natalya is going to win the title and then get cashed in
on at SummerSlam isn't she?

Because McMahon just has to fuck with the Hart family...

~ Does anyone else think Corbin is cashing in on Nakamura
at Summerslam?

~ Jinder vs. Orton again?!...No Thank You!

And I'm done...

No sign of Becky...so I'm going to give this show a puns down
this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Does Ellsworth HAVE to even be there?
How did he even become part of WWE Anyways? Seriously! :emoji_unamused:

Last edited:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Does Ellsworth HAVE to even be there?
How did he even become part of WWE Anyways? Seriously! :emoji_unamused:

Brauns first local jobber squash match. The fact he had no chin, and got completely obliterated, was enough for us to want to see the little fella for a bit. Since he's teamed with Carmella he's gone downhill. Although him grabbing the first ever women's mitb was priceless.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Although him grabbing the first ever women's mitb was priceless.
No...it was horrible and was basically done
so they could drag the situation out and
have the match again to try and create
rating for SmackDown instead of giving
the women 25 minutes on pay per view
to show just how good they are.

Then with the rematch Ellsworth still had
to be involved and once again tainted a
history making moment for the ladies.

Ellsworth is a cancer on the women's division
and I wish someone would cut him out with a
scalpel.

Send him to RAW and have him wrestle some
of the cruiserweights...or just get rid of him!

I hate him so, so much...

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
why are there people flipping out over Lana pulling Charlotte's pants down? I think Charlotte has worse images floating around on the internet
  • Cena vs Corbin, Orton vs Rusev. 2 matches with absolutely nothing at stake, 2 matches I'm not interested in. If you make Rusev vs Orton a #1 contenders match, maybe you'd get more people to care but whatever, Dogg.
  • I think the whole Ellsworth thing is cool, I like the story of Carmella using him just to get ahead. Good heat magnet. The only dumb thing about the segment is that Carmella didn't even attempt a cash in after literally pinning the champ. And it's not like Naomi rolled out of the ring or anything to prevent it from happening. Nope, she just laid there and Carmella looked at her with her briefcase in hand.. and walked off. Also, not impressed by Naomi.. you can tell me that she's a great athlete a thousand times but she doesn't deliver as a pro wrestler, at all.
  • Nakamura in a sit down interview because that makes sense. Apparently they think Nakamura is good on the stick which I don't really get. Just let the dude wrestle
  • everything else is just meh to me, the whole Styles/Owens feud has been average since the start and I hope they'll have their first GREAT match at Summerslam because everything we've gotten so far has been dreadful between 2 guys who should do better

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode of SmackDown was decent. 6/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with Cena/Corbin/DB was good.

- The Usos vs Tye & Sami was solid. The post-match stuff was alright.

- The Fashion Peaks was okay.

- Styles/Shane/KO segment was good.

- Nakamura's interview was fine. It was short and to the point.

Negatives:
- Everything else.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Why are there people flipping out over Lana pulling Charlotte's pants down? I think Charlotte has worse images floating around on the internet
Well...if I had to guess...it would be...

a). Because a lot of male wrestling fans are perverts...(looks at himself in the mirror)

b). The leaked photos of Charlotte were "old"

&

c). Most wrestling fans are curious or find it funny when certain parts of a
wrestler are exposed.

The only dumb thing about the segment is that Carmella didn't even attempt a cash in after literally pinning the champ.
You see that would make too much sense and then the cash in wouldn't happen
on a pay per view.

I think the whole Ellsworth thing is cool, I like the story of Carmella using him just to get ahead. Good heat magnet.
So you think it makes Carmella look like a credible threat and strong future
champion if the only way she can achieve anything is with Ellsworth's help?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
So you think it makes Carmella look like a credible threat and strong future
champion if the only way she can achieve anything is with Ellsworth's help?
I think you're overthinking it a bit. Not every heel needs to look dominant. Maybe this is opinionated but, if done right, I enjoy seeing a chicken shit heel from time to time. Especially when it's someone like Carmella. Like, when I look at Carmella I would never see a serious threat in her. Even if they tried to book her that way. She's not big, she's not tall and she generally just looks like I can push her over with 1 hand. You know what I mean? The reason why someone like Strowman works as a dominant heel is because I buy it the second I look at him. I'd never have that for Carmella.
Once she cashes in, things might change and we can talk about it again once that happens, but as of right now all she needs to do is get that heat imo

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think you're overthinking it a bit.
I'm "overthinking" it? So...I shouldn't have an opinion or care that I want the
entire women's division to look "strong" by means of having a strong champion?

Dude...telling me I'm "overthinking" is a cop out and you may as well tell me not to
care...and there is only one person in the entire WWE that I make an active effort
not to care about.

Not every heel needs to look dominant. Maybe this is opinionated but, if done right, I enjoy seeing a chicken shit heel from time to time. Especially when it's someone like Carmella. Like, when I look at Carmella I would never see a serious threat in her. Even if they tried to book her that way. She's not big, she's not tall and she generally just looks like I can push her over with 1 hand. You know what I mean? The reason why someone like Strowman works as a dominant heel is because I buy it the second I look at him. I'd never have that for Carmella. Once she cashes in, things might change and we can talk about it again once that happens, but as of right now all she needs to do is get that heat imo
Don't we already have a women's champion doing that exact same thing on RAW?
And doesn't the Miz already play that role perfectly as the IC Champion?

Instead of "building heat" why not just have wrestlers win matches and look strong?

Why not have a strong champion winning matches and a strong challenger winning
matches and then have them eventually face off in at pay per view where you
actually don't have any idea who is going to win.

Is that wrong? Is that so hard to book? I am fucking crazy wanting to see that?

Carmella has literally done nothing of note by herself...she won the MitB briefcase
twice thanks to that chinless annoyance Ellsworth and apart from her very first
main roster victory (against Natalya) she has done jack all.

At least Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch & Bayley clean to win her titles...
Carmella has had the worst booking on the main roster for literally more
than a year...and her simply carrying around the briefcase doesn't mean
jack shit to me.

All the work Becky, Alexa & Naomi have done "trying" to make the SmackDown
women's title mean something will be flushed down the toilet if Carmella does
cash in at Summer Slam and wins it.

I only hope the WWE hold off on it and let Corbin alone cash in at SummerSlam...
because Carmella is nowhere near ready...and her current pairing with Ellsworth
is making look more pathetic week after week.

But again...sorry for "Overthinking" it...

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
leave a comment or two to let everyone know what you thought of it.
It sucked. Or, it probably did. I don't know. I'm not wasting my time with that garbage company. I really have nothing to say about it, and I don't wanna sound like a broken record with my constant negativity about the WWE. I just didn't want to disappoint the giant bold letters that looked important ;)

Reactions: Red Rain