Rate Smackdown Live! 3/27/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Smackdown Live and leave a few comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Bobby Roode and Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal and Rusev

Bobby Roode inadvertently hit Orton during the match, which caused Orton to hit him with an RKO. Rusev kicked Orton in the jaw and scored a pin fall.

After the match, Rusev lobbied Mahal to be added to the US title match at Mania.

Ruby Riott vs Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch won by pin fall

Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan gave KO and Zayn a second chance. His proposed a tag match at Mania, KO and Zayn vs him and Shane McMahon. If DB and Shane win, they will stay fired. If KO and Zayn won, they would be reinstated. He also made it seem like he hated the corporate life and was back as a wrestler. He promised to kick KO and Zayn's asses at Mania.

The New Day vs the Bludgeon Brothers

The Usos interfered when the Bludgeon Brothers tried to use a hammer and the BB won by DQ.

Tyler Breeze vs Dolph Ziggler

Dolph Ziggler won by pin fall

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Shelton Benjamin

Nakamura won by pinfall. AJ was in his corner and Nakamura told him he only wanted him out there so AJ could see how Nakamura would beat him. AJ insisted they would tear the house down.

Afterwards the two bickered and Nakamura knocked AJ out

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Tyler Breeze vs Fandango

Dolph Ziggler won by pin fall

I missed this show, but man, I find this booking weird...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
erm... what?

:idk:

HEY! Everyone makes mistakes. Let me introduce you to

1200px-Sigmund_Freud,_by_Max_Halberstadt_(cropped).jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I actually really really enjoyed tonight's show, especially compared to the garbage heap that was last night's Raw. Everything flowed well, the show went by fast, the Breezango match and Shinsuke promo were a bit weird, but I still thought it was a great night for Smackdown. Normally I'd give this an 8/10, but because yesterday was sooooo bad, I'm giving it a 9/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay... lets see what is happening on "The Becky & Charlotte" Show this week...
And Oh No! my Queen is out after suffering a mouth injury.

What?

No I'm not making an oral sex joke.

On with the show!

~ Nice work by Jinder picking Rusev as his tag partner...he's so over right now...
And Rusev gets one back on Orton! Hell Yes!

RUSEV DAY! RUSEV DAY! RUSEV DAY! RUSEV DAY! RUSEV DAY! RUSEV DAY! RUSEV DAY!

And in breaking news Rusev has been added to the United States title match!

Do the right thing WWE...put Rusev over at Wrestlemania and make it Rusev Day!

~ Okay...its always great to see Becky Lunch (especially in that outfit)...and its even
better to see her getting a win...but something tells me this match wouldn't even be
happening if my Queen wasn't injured.

Also...WWE...I have a question: Will Charlotte be getting her win back against
Natalya before Wrestlemania? Or are we just suppose to forget about that now?

Just curious...

The Riott Squad have basically been booked into jobber status now...but that is
what happens when you get on the wrong side of 50/50 booking I guess.

90/10 booking more like it.

Can Becky or Ruby win the Wrestlemania Battle Royal please?

~ Okay...so Daniel & Shane vs. KO & Sami at Wrestlemania...Okay...but is Shane
going to be fit enough? Can we sub in Tye Dillinger instead so I can be 100%
behind this match?

~ So...the Usos, New Day & Harper & Rowan are just going to keep attacking each
other. Book the tornado tag match already!

~ Ziggler & Breeze...2 guys who deserve better.

~ And the build for Styles/Nakamura continues...God its going to be GOODT!

~ And in the Mixed Match Challenge...Roode & Becky Lynch go over Balor & Banks...
and...Oh No...

WWE...you...you have booked Charlotte & Asuka on the opposite sides of a tag match
5 days before Wrestlemania.

You...you guys are fucking idiots.

So much for the flawless build to their Wrestlemania match. What a load of bullshit.

And I'm done!

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
  • so I'm guessing Shane's "injury" ain't as serious as reported by everyone's boy Meltzer, glad that the match is still going. I guess Zayn and Owens are gonna go to Raw after Mania given that they can't have Bryan lose in his big comeback match. Also, the feud between Owens/Zayn and "Management" has been going on for way too long anyways and I don't see them going a different route if they stay on Smackdown.
  • Rusev joining the US title match was bound to happen eventually, given that they already have a midcard triple threat match set for Mania, and WWE doesn't like to repeat match types. Just like they turned down the Shield break up triple threat for the Daniel Bryan/Orton/Batista one at Mania 30. They just don't like to repeat themselves in 1 night, which I applaud and Rusev's definitely the right pick for this.
  • Charlotte missing an entire show because of some dental problem or mouth infection is a bit odd and doesn't really benefit the build up to her biggest match to date, but I don't think they would have done much with it anyways as the feud will probably remain a 2 segment program with a match to look forward to. I guess that's the reason why Asuka's still present on Raw.
  • the way Styles talks about his match with Nakamura worries me because every time someone says "we're gonna tear the house down", they're usually not gonna tear the house down. I instantly got flashbacks to every Dolph Ziggler feud. Marketing a match as a showstealer has never worked out but rather ended up biting them in the ass. For example, Shawn Michaels called himself Mr.Wrestlemania but he never sold one of his Mania bouts by saying "this is gonna be a great match" as it's kinda meta because having a good feud is a huge part of having a great match. But if the feud IS that they're gonna have a great match.. it just feels like an empty promise waiting to happen. I hope they really got something up their sleeve with this one. Liked Nakamura's mindgames btw, he's finally doing what he's supposed to do. Less talking, more stopping mid-finisher to pat his opponent on the head and smile.
Other than that, there wasn't much to talk about, just crawling through the weeks to finally arrive at the destination lol

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Charlotte missing an entire show because of some dental problem or mouth infection is a bit odd and doesn't really benefit the build up to her biggest match to date, but I don't think they would have done much with it anyways as the feud will probably remain a 2 segment program with a match to look forward to. I guess that's the reason why Asuka's still present on Raw.
Charlotte actually had a very heavy workload booked.

A 1 on 1 vs. Natalya on SmackDown...(Which was replaced with Becky vs. Ruby)
The Mixed match challenge...(Her spot was again filled by Becky FTW...although I wish they didn't win)
&
A 6 woman tag match after 205 Live (Charlotte, Becky & Naomi vs. Natalya, Carmella & Lana...Ugh)

Apparently she wanted to wrestle but the Doctor would not/could not clear her.

Rajah.com | Injury Update on Charlotte Flair

The timing is awful I will admit...but I'm guessing a lot of the build
will take place next week...unfortunately the 2 women may wrestle
each other before Wrestlemania in the Mixed Match Challenge final.

To me that is a HUGE mistake...and I was simply hoping for a face to face
interview for the final part of the build.

The WWE did so well keeping them apart & now they are going to ruin it.

Of course Charlotte may show up on RAW? There is no rule saying she can't.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
  • the way Styles talks about his match with Nakamura worries me because every time someone says "we're gonna tear the house down", they're usually not gonna tear the house down. I instantly got flashbacks to every Dolph Ziggler feud. Marketing a match as a showstealer has never worked out but rather ended up biting them in the ass. For example, Shawn Michaels called himself Mr.Wrestlemania but he never sold one of his Mania bouts by saying "this is gonna be a great match" as it's kinda meta because having a good feud is a huge part of having a great match. But if the feud IS that they're gonna have a great match.. it just feels like an empty promise waiting to happen. I hope they really got something up their sleeve with this one. Liked Nakamura's mindgames btw, he's finally doing what he's supposed to do. Less talking, more stopping mid-finisher to pat his opponent on the head and smile.

I think at times, while the fact the match is going to have high expectations can be added to the hype, it can't be the only thing. Even in a babyface versus babyface matchup, if there is a title on the line, that is easily a good tool for storyline development. As well, in a face vs face match, you can let someone show more shades of grey, at least lashing out against his opponent, hesitating to save them or actually hitting a move on them and stressing afterward to keep them still on the "face" side of the spectrum justifying it with "Hey, title is on the line. I respect you, but I sure as hell won't take it easy on you." This also kind of sucks since they are in a sticky spot with what they can and shouldn't mention from Japan, kind of the reason why this is seen as a "dream WWE match," because they know each other, have faced before, and know they can push each other to their limits. At the very least, if you have problems finding a problem with your opponents, at least develop an individual character's motivation towards the match. That is kind of storyline building 101.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think WWE followed up from last weeks fantastic episode, with another good episode of Smackdown. Not as good as last week but still.

- I think they did a pretty good job with AJ and Nakamura. Previously I was unimpressed with the story of this feud. It seemed like it was going to be one those lazy dream matches with no story. But after this week, im fully behind this match. Even though Nakamura and AJ have similarities, their characers and attitudes contrast a lot. I love the narrative of Nakamura being cool, calm and collected. Meanwhile AJ is a hothead who wears his heart on he's sleeve. Mix that with Nakamura's mind games and a match that could potentially steal the show, The Phenominal One vs The King Of Strong Style is one of the biggest matches on the Wrestlemania card.

-Unfortunatly I cant say the same thing about Charlotte v Asuka. But thats only because Charlotte had a tooth ace or somthing. Instead we got Becky in that sexy fire outfit. I'm not complaining.

- Rusev pinned Orton and now he is in the US title match. Cool, he deserves it. Its still going to be on the pre show and the finish is going to be Orton RKOing everyone, which the more I think about it the more I think that its a pretty cool finish.

- Daniel Bryan had another great promo. I guess big boy Meltzer was wrong about Shane being out for Mania. Which im happy about, no one else would of made any sense and I would prefer to see Shane wrestle then Ziggler and Tye. This whole storyline has been a rollercoaster, Sometimes it has beengood, sometimes it has been bad. But when its good, its fucking good. The most well developed match at this years Wrestlemania imo.

-Speaking of well developed storylines. I genually beleive that the Bludgeon Bros are a dangerouse force to be reckon with. I also believe that Usos and New Day want to beat the shit out of the Bludgeon Bros despite the chance of there career's being thretened by one of those hammers. That just makes the Usos and New Day great babyfaces as they will put there bodies on the line in order to have their revenge. Add that to the competitive rivalry the Usos and New Day have over the titles, and you got yourself a great Wrestlemania midcard match. Give these guys ladders to beat the shit out of each otherto start off the show. You will not be dissapointed.

Literally nothing bad worth saying about this show, other then a few nitpicks. Give the show an 8/10 maybe a 7

Reaction score
I actually really really enjoyed tonight's show, especially compared to the garbage heap that was last night's Raw. Everything flowed well, the show went by fast, the Breezango match and Shinsuke promo were a bit weird, but I still thought it was a great night for Smackdown. Normally I'd give this an 8/10, but because yesterday was sooooo bad, I'm giving it a 9/10
Hah 9/10 you most have been laughing then you said, it was average at best.