Rate SmackDown Live 11/13/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What would you give tonight's SmackDown?

• Total voters

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Granted, I'm not watching Smackdown, but isn't the storyline right now that Charlotte hasn't been showing up because she's not wanting to show her face and feels like she let everyone down by not winning the championship from Becky?

While that storyline may or may not suck, most importantly I think if since she showed up now to take Becky's spot, it would have been cool for Becky to say "I'm choosing the one person to take my spot who's my equal...... Asuka. The one who was unbeaten for 900+ days and has mostly lost via troll interference. The one person on my level who I haven't beaten yet...", show Charlotte's angry reaction as Becky just trolls her over and over while putting Asuka over, Asuka can have a competitive defeat to Ronda which would mean a pretty good bit to her right now (as long as the idiot WWE agents don't get in the way)...

I just get the sense that if they would put one little promo into her Asuka would mean something again. Such an easy fix.

To Grievous's point earlier, I was okay with it as a competitive move, but he was upset about them hugging and suddenly acting like things are okay. That is so fucking true it's unreal.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
To be fair, Shinsuke couldn't.
He kinda did. After Wrestlemania, he won every single non title one on one match h with AJ via low blow, in their title rematch it was a draw via double low blow, and during the blow off it kept AJ down to the count of 9. A good ol dick kick is AJ's weakness

Also, some other gripes about this show
-The hug, I didn't hate it as much as others, but it was super out of place and took away from the overall promo
-♪All the Smackdown teams Standing in a row♪
-Hardy gets the spot instead of Almas

Honestly, thinking about the show I'm starting to like it less than I originally thought, seems more like a 5 show with a 2 ending to me now

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He kinda did. After Wrestlemania, he won every single non title one on one match h with AJ via low blow, in their title rematch it was a draw via double low blow, and during the blow off it kept AJ down to the count of 9. A good ol dick kick is AJ's weakness

I was mostly just pointing out how funny it is to me that they have Styles lose to a low blow after an entire feud centered around that move since I'm aware Shinsuke beat him on SDL that way, but also keeping AJ down for a count of 9 isn't beating him with a low-blow, and Shinsuke also hit Styles with a low-blow in their Greatest Royal Rumble match and still didn't win there (Styles grabbed the ropes, then they did the count-out spot).

I should probably mention my actual thoughts on the show, not that I watched any of it, but both the big new Survivor Series card changes are complete downers. I can only hope Lynch vs. Ronda might get their match at Mania now instead of Charlotte vs. Ronda. If Charlotte vs. Ronda is still the plan at WrestleMania, I have trouble imaging they'd give it away at Survivor Series, unless some screwy finish happens. Bryan vs. Lesnar will be solid I'm sure but everything surrounding the situation is awful booking, and is either going to result in heel Bryan vs. face Miz at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship or them abandoning the feud entirely out of left field, neither option being a positive. I kinda dig the idea Grievs mentioned earlier about them moving AJ Styles to Raw to replace Roman, especially if that leads to him being the one to defeat Lesnar for the Universal Championship.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
IDK, I think Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar might be a good match, but from a booking standpoint it's like, not really?
Last week he tapped out and this week he won by a lowblow. Doesn't really make him look strong going in.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

Some Thoughts:
~ The crowd REALLY wanted Becky to pick Asuka...
~ Its amazing when you look at the SDL women's roster...
only 5 of them are actually REAL wrestlers. Its no shock
they tried to turn Becky when they did...who was Charlotte
going to feud with next? Mandy Rose?
~ The hug between Becky & Charlotte was clearly not
scripted...a little bit of real life bleeding through there...
~ I like how all the other women started hugging Charlotte
to try & cover for it...or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
IDK, I think Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar might be a good match, but from a booking standpoint it's like, not really?
Last week he tapped out and this week he won by a lowblow. Doesn't really make him look strong going in.

Agreed on all points. But it seems like WWE over the past years has given up the idea of making someone look strong and having it mean anything. I mean, the Usos were the ultimate jobber team for several years before out of nowhere becoming the tag champs and then booked as one of the strongest teams in the past five years. Or Bray Wyatt loses almost every match he is in and out of nowhere wins the Elimination Chamber, gets put in the main event at WrestleMania and loses to the belt to return to getting beat by everyone.

I think they may just be relying on Daniel Bryan being Daniel Bryan and assuming because of his immense popularity and recognition since the Team Hell No days will serve to make him look strong. I don't agree with it really but could be their line of thinking.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I thought this show was really good.

Becky picking Charlotte was the only option. Even though Becky was fed up of being in Charlotte's shadow, Becky still respects her. If Becky didn't shake Charlottrs hand and picked her to face Ronda, then I'd would be asking questions.

Bryan's heel turn was just amazing. Great character development.

Reactions: Snowman1

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
"Yes Hello 911...Its me again! I watched SDL this
this week and my erection only got worse when
Becky hugged Charlotte!"

*Pause*

"No...I'm not joking! Its gone purple!"

*Pause*

"No I don't have ice pack!"