Rate SmackDown Live 11/13/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What would you give tonight's SmackDown?

• Total voters

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I've got it!

The WWE are going to move Styles to RAW to "replace" Roman...
that's why Bryan went over. Styles will be traded to RAW & fight
Brock at Wrestlemania winning the Universal title!

I kinda feel the same way tbh. Gonna be interesting to see for sure.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Okay...so...the WWE decided to put the World title on Bryan?

I'm guessing this is because they did Styles/Lesnar last year.

Okay...fair enough...I honestly don't really care. Lesnar is going
over & we all know it...

HOWEVER...

I don't think I've been more disappointed for a person I don't know
than I am for Becky Lynch right now.

Yes...I wanted to see Ronda vs. Charlotte...but not like this...not
because Becky could not compete.

So now we get (arguably) the most high profile women's match they
could book with absolutely no build up AND once again Charlotte is
is taking the spotlight away from Becky.

Also...the idea of Becky & Charlotte "Hugging & Making up" is lame...
so fucking lame considering everything they went through during their
feud recently.

It undoes EVERYTHING.

The WWE should have moved Becky vs. Ronda to TLC & had Ronda
vs. Nia at Survivor Series with Ronda going over in a 2 minute squash
as punishment for Nia not being able to throw a punch properly.

I.AM.FUCKING.PISSED.OFF.
As you say, not wanting to argue, BUT. I kinda get this. Becky may be "a heel", but I absolutely believe right now that she can destroy the SDL women's division. Asuka would be the only person to put up a fight... Outside of Charlotte.

She'd absolutely pick her equal to step up in her place and all. I wouldn't want them being buddy-buddy, but as a competitive move I get it. (Plus it gives Becky the WM ME, I hope!)

This... Was inspired by elsewhere, but the best booking here would be to kick Carmella off the team... And bring out Sasha and Bayley as the last 2 members of Team Smackdown. What better way to get their revenge on Alexa/feud with Stephanie than that? Do something with these two goodness gracious what an awful year they've had.

Seeing Sasha and Bayley teaming with Asuka would make me pop.

As for the Bryan thing, hey. Undertaker laid out the blueprint to beat Lesnar. He's just following it

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
As you say, not wanting to argue, BUT. I kinda get this. Becky may be "a heel", but I absolutely believe right now that she can destroy the SDL women's division. Asuka would be the only person to put up a fight... Outside of Charlotte.

She'd absolutely pick her equal to step up in her place and all. I wouldn't want them being buddy-buddy, but as a competitive move I get it. (Plus it gives Becky the WM ME, I hope!)
That's a fair call...

I just personally think it undermines the entire Becky/Charlotte feud...
which was/is my feud of the year.

This... Was inspired by elsewhere, but the best booking here would be to kick Carmella off the team... And bring out Sasha and Bayley as the last 2 members of Team Smackdown. What better way to get their revenge on Alexa/feud with Stephanie than that? Do something with these two goodness gracious what an awful year they've had.

Seeing Sasha and Bayley teaming with Asuka would make me pop.
Yeah...that's a sweet idea...and having the 4 WWE Horsewomen on SDL would
be great...BUT...the WWE will most likely move Charlotte & Becky to RAW when
the time is right when all 4 of the MMA Horsewomen are ready...and I think we
are at least another year away from that.

I can almost see it now...

They'll shift Charlotte & Becky to RAW while moving Alexa & someone else to
SDL & slap the title on Alexa for another 300+ days while all she does is talk &
wrestle shitty matches.

You all know I'm right.

I kinda feel the same way tbh. Gonna be interesting to see for sure.
Maybe SDL could get Finn Balor in a trade?

I could see Finn getting a proper push on SDL...
plus Gallows & Anderson are already there.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
But nope, a random SmackDown in a match with no build, that's how he loses it. To a god damn low blow too, giving Bryan NO momentum off the win because anyone could win off a low blow

To be fair, Shinsuke couldn't.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Am I the only one disappointed by the Daniel Bryan title win? Not even the turn, the win

AJ has been Champion for a year, and he's about to have a HUGE rematch against Lesnar, which I legit believed he would win. Whoever would beat AJ would be freaking HUGE

But nope, a random SmackDown in a match with no build, that's how he loses it. To a god damn low blow too, giving Bryan NO momentum off the win because anyone could win off a low blow

This was the opposite to Raw in my mind. Raw was a 3.5 show with a 10 ending. Smackdown was a 7 show with a 2 ending. Overall, 4.5/10, which I'm rounding down since it's a go home show

You are not the only one, no. I am a Bryan fan but AJ has had the most solid and respectable top title run in WWE in a while. While Lesnar goes around not defending for months at a time, AJ defended all the time.

The reason I think that has happened is stated in your comment. They couldn't have AJ go up against Lesnar two years in a row and lose both times. But I don't think WWE wants Lesnar to lose either. So I suspect the put the belt on Bryan as to avoid either possibility. Having Bryan win the belt in a heelish manner doesn't detract from AJ's solid title run, it doesn't make AJ look bad in any way. So they can put Bryan up against Brock and have him lose and with that, they've sort of protected both Brock and AJ in this instance.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The only reason I am surprised that Bryan beat AJ with a low blow was because I was under the impression that AJ enjoyed ball busting done on him. I mean, he has taken a lot of crotch shots in his career...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Having Bryan win the belt in a heelish manner doesn't detract from AJ's solid title run, it doesn't make AJ look bad in any way. So they can put Bryan up against Brock and have him lose and with that, they've sort of protected both Brock and AJ in this instance.
So...stipulation rematch at TLC? Ladder match?

Does A.J win it back then or do they keep it on
Bryan long term?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
So...stipulation rematch at TLC? Ladder match?

Does A.J win it back then or do they keep it on
Bryan long term?

I am sure there will be a rematch there but... I dunno.

Here's the problem with this. The most interesting feud Smackdown had going for it was Miz and Daniel Bryan. The feud has not been resolved yet. But they turned Bryan heel to get the belt off AJ and now the Miz and Daniel Bryan feud is simply messed up. I mean, turning Miz face is never a good idea since the man is a natural heel.

What they should have done was have Miz take the belt of AJ and then face Daniel Bryan for it later and maybe at WrestleMania. But now it's just weird, actually. The most interesting DB opponent is suddenly AJ. But this isn't a feud that can carry on until WrestleMania. So it seems like there's no real direction at the moment.

I dunno, it seemed like a sloppy decision by WWE here and that was the only way I could rationalize it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
*Thinks about Brock vs. The Miz & laughs*

*Then thinks about Maryse getting a German Suplex & stops laughing*

lol well I would have not had Miz win the belt until after the AJ/Lesnar rematch. And speaking of that, it was a goooood match last year and I am actually let down to not see the rematch.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And speaking of that, it was a goooood match last year and I am actually let down to not see the rematch.
Best Lesnar match I've seen since
I returned to the WWE product.

I also find it kind of funny that at
this time last year they put the belt
on A.J to get it off Jinder...and now
they've used Bryan to do the same
thing to A.J.

Its fucking weird...

But if I'm being honest...

I'm actually more upset about Becky
missing the show.

I never thought I'd say this...but
I wanted Becky vs. Ronda more
that Charlotte vs. Ronda...at least
at this current time.

I mean I should be excited to see
she Charlotte vs. Ronda...but it just
feels kind of hollow now...

No real build, Becky endorsing Charlotte
even after all the harsh words & violence
during their feud...its like the best possible
match...at the worst possible time.

I'm very curious to see what kind of crowd
reaction Nia Jax gets on Sunday.

If I had to guess it will be less Heel Heat &
more "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE!" Heat.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If there’s one thing for sure, it’s the fact that this Smackdown go home show got everyone talking, rightfully so.

As far as the Becky Lynch situation is concerned, I’m sure most will agree this was an unfortunate development, with what occurred during RAW and the way she got injured, forcing her match with Ronda to be cancelled. Quite frankly, Becky versus Ronda was one of the two matches I was really looking forward to heading into Survivor Series so there’s no doubt I was very disappointed. Looking at the bigger picture, however, this whole incident may actually be a blessing in disguise long term because now people will be more eager to see this match, thus possibly giving it a big spot at Wrestemania. As a matter of fact, I’d even go as high on the card as main event given the story already in progress as well as what they could eventually build to if done properly. With all the anticipation and a proper build, this could be epic come April and from that aspect alone, I’m all for it.

Now, granted, they didn’t actually strip Becky, nor did they force her to relinquish the title due to her injury as they’ve done on various occasions in the past, which tells me she won’t be out for too long but whether they do that in the weeks to follow or just do a title change in the near future, there’s always a thing called the Royal Rumble which she could win, ultimately challenging Ronda for the RAW Woman’s title.

In regards to Charlotte being the one to replace her come Sunday, yes, I understand the negative reaction but, really, what other options do they really have? Sure, I’d go with Asuka (no doubt the crowd reacted to her big last night) but the way WWE have fucked her up ever since the streak ended, it wouldn’t be as big so in my view, I’m actually glad they saved this one for sometime down the road, when (hopefully) Asuka has been rebuilt to the killer she once was. That being said, Charlotte was the next best thing and though it’s a match a lot of us were hoping to see at Mania, you’d have to cut WWE some slack given their hands were pretty much forced.

As for Daniel Bryan, the heel turn came to no surprise to me. As a matter of fact, this was something I predicted (though not posted here unfortunately) the day the…Bellas turned on Rousey in order to set up that match at Evolution. You see, when the Bellas turned, my first thought was “makes sense given the story they were obviously telling” and my second thought was “interesting they turned Brie as well, given everyone knows she is married to one of the biggest baby faces in recent history, not to mention nowadays; kind of weird”. At that point, I was convinced they were turning Bryan, however the timing of it as well as him winning the belt last night certainly caught me by surprise.

As I’m sure most of you probably thought as soon as they announced the title match last night, I too thought “ok, screwy finish, no winner, possibly due to RAW stars invading in order to retaliate for the events that occurred the night prior”. Got to give props to WWE though, cause as it turned out, they basically trolled us with the various shots backstage of security being set up to avoid any kind of “invasion”, basically planting the seed in our minds that that was exactly what was going to happen. Instead, nobody showed up, Bryan low blows AJ behind the referee’s back and we got us a new champion. Quite unpredictable and that much I can appreciate.

To be honest, this was another personal disappointment being that AJ versus Brock was the other match I was looking forward to but, hey, can’t have it all, can we? At least it appears they finally have a big storyline for DB…

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
As far as the Becky Lynch situation is concerned, I’m sure most will agree this was an unfortunate development, with what occurred during RAW and the way she got injured, forcing her match with Ronda to be cancelled. Quite frankly, Becky versus Ronda was one of the two matches I was really looking forward to heading into Survivor Series so there’s no doubt I was very disappointed. Looking at the bigger picture, however, this whole incident may actually be a blessing in disguise long term because now people will be more eager to see this match, thus possibly giving it a big spot at Wrestlemania. As a matter of fact, I’d even go as high on the card as main event given the story already in progress as well as what they could eventually build to if done properly. With all the anticipation and a proper build, this could be epic come April and from that aspect alone, I’m all for it.

Now, granted, they didn’t actually strip Becky, nor did they force her to relinquish the title due to her injury as they’ve done on various occasions in the past, which tells me she won’t be out for too long but whether they do that in the weeks to follow or just do a title change in the near future, there’s always a thing called the Royal Rumble which she could win, ultimately challenging Ronda for the RAW Woman’s title.

In regards to Charlotte being the one to replace her come Sunday, yes, I understand the negative reaction but, really, what other options do they really have? Sure, I’d go with Asuka (no doubt the crowd reacted to her big last night) but the way WWE have fucked her up ever since the streak ended, it wouldn’t be as big so in my view, I’m actually glad they saved this one for sometime down the road, when (hopefully) Asuka has been rebuilt to the killer she once was. That being said, Charlotte was the next best thing and though it’s a match a lot of us were hoping to see at Mania, you’d have to cut WWE some slack given their hands were pretty much forced.
giphy.gif