Rate Smackdown Fox Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown's Fox Debut

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
RATE SMACKDOWN.png

C

.... and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

The show opened with Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon welcoming everyone to this moment in history.

Becky Lynch came to the ring and thanked the Smackdown fans but was interrupted by Baron Corbin, bragging about being the King. Then, the Rock came out to a great ovation and called Corbin a "Broke ass burger king." Rock did his speil and was interrupted by Corbin who told Rock to "Know his role and shut his mouth." Rock and Becky made fun of Corbin's testicles. Corbin then insulted Lebron James.

Rock asked Corbin his set up about what Corbin "thinks." When Corbin began to talk, however, Becky told him "It doesn't matter what you think!"

Rock then gifted Corbin the chant of "STD" which the crown picked up. Then Rock told Corbin he was Becky were going to kick his ass, which they then proceeded to do.

Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks and Bayley

Charlotte forced Bayley to tap out

Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura

Before the match, Firefly Funhouse came on with Bray Wyatt showing puppets in a cell killing each other. He was showing Rollins what would happen.

The Fiend showed up and attacked Rollins, ending the match.

Ladder Match, Loser is Fired: Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens

KO got the contract and fired Shane McMahon. he then hit Shane with a stunner.

Eight Man Tag: Heavy Machinery, Braun Strowman and the Miz vs Robert Roode, Dolph Ziggler, AJ Styles and Randy Orton

Strowman pinned Dolph Ziggler. After the match, Tyson Fury, who Braun had been playing with during the match tried to storm the ring but was blocked.

Lumberjack Match: Roman Reigns vs Erick Rowan

Roman won by pin fall

WWE Championship: Champion Kofi Kingston vs Brock Lesnar

Lesnar won the title in seconds. Then, Rey Mysterio came out with Cain Velasquez. Lesnar appeared to be afraid. Cain got in the ring, immediately took Lesnar down and beat him into retreat. Lesnar kept on making it seem like he was going to get back in the ring but did not.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
8/10

Owens/Shane match didn't really do anything for me, and they did my boy Kofi dirty. Otherwise a great show that showcases the new direction this era of Smackdown is going to have
[automerge]1570240944[/automerge]
Also:

C

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
5/10

Only because of the main event it’s -5, it completely overshadowed the rest of the show which was 10/10. Make Bork Laser win in at least a 10 minute match, and I will gladly give it a pass without saying anything, but this... disgraceful. Shitting on the nice long reign of a man that was so over and so good in-ring just to bring another belt hostage to a part timer that forgot how to wrestle. Fuck you WWE

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am changing my name to Seto Nostradumus-san for I called the ending a week ahead of everything. Besides that, the overall show was pretty good seemed a bit rush at spots and a bit too much talking, but overall it was good. I'll give it like a 6/10

• Wow
Reactions: bullyballmm

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
There was a pretty decent show that only had a couple of bad spots. Unfortunately, those bad spots were BAD. Lesnar shouldn't have beaten Kofi in a few seconds. I couldn't care less about Cain Velasquez. So we bring back the guy who beat Lesnar for the UFC title 8 YEARS ago and who also lost the title in only a little more than a minute in his first defense... and why? I mean get what they're doing, but it doesn't do much for me.

A solid show up until the end and I just can't behind it.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
...............fucking cain.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
Brock winning so quickly will have fans reacting negatively so it will be more publicized in WWE's favor rather than having the hero win and overcoming the odds which is viewed as "seen that before" but fans don't really see that. Brock winning was best for SD going on such a high level like fox and kofi sold that ending so well he deserves mad respect but unfortunately Brock is the money ticket here for this brand and now you have brock vs cain which will also sell higher. Kofi winning wouldn't be as BIG because we already knew what he is and what he can do and that it wouldn't be as talked about like this "negative finish". By the way it's a business---kofi knows the drill.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I am very disappointed.

With the exception of the KO vs Shane ladder match everything about this show was pure shit. I didn't see anything that I could not have seen watching Smackdown on USA week after week... I don't get what was so special about the show.. was it that a bunch of legends were there? Was it that a bunch of random Fox "celebrities" were there? Was it that Dwayne Johnson was there?... because I have to tell you.. I've heard and seen The Rock do much better that what he did on this show.

Then there's the ending... what in the fuck is WWE thinking? Kofi was one of the hottest things going for them and they squash him. So Brock wins the title and now he's going to defend it against Cain Velasquez? A 37 year old, out of shape fighter with no in-ring experience.

All I saw tonight was Fox telling WWE that they don't believe wrestling can sell and WWE caving in and selling out.

I'm done.. 3/10

• Wow

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Brock winning so quickly will have fans reacting negatively so it will be more publicized in WWE's favor rather than having the hero win and overcoming the odds which is viewed as "seen that before" but fans don't really see that. Brock winning was best for SD going on such a high level like fox and kofi sold that ending so well he deserves mad respect but unfortunately Brock is the money ticket here for this brand and now you have brock vs cain which will also sell higher. Kofi winning wouldn't be as BIG because we already knew what he is and what he can do and that it wouldn't be as talked about like this "negative finish". By the way it's a business---kofi knows the drill.

So the best thing is, rather than build the audience's familiarity with a new champion who has put on STELLAR matches, let's have him lose in 5 seconds to the laziest guy in WWE who will defend the belt maybe three times in the next year while rarely appearing on television?

And then, rather than showcase that talent, let's bring in another MMA guy. On our DEBUT show on a major network, let's demonstrate that professional wrestling is inferior to MMA.

I don't know what you were watching, but that match was stupid and it will not help WWE at all. Lesnar will not appear every week and he will not help the ratings. His championship runs have been awful. The awful Brawl for All proved wrestling fans do not tune into wrestling to watch MMA.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am very disappointed.

With the exception of the KO vs Shane ladder match everything about this show was pure shit. I didn't see anything that I could not have seen watching Smackdown on USA week after week... I don't get what was so special about the show.. was it that a bunch of legends were there? Was it that a bunch of random Fox "celebrities" were there? Was it that Dwayne Johnson was there?... because I have to tell you.. I've heard and seen The Rock do much better that what he did on this show.

Then there's the ending... what in the fuck is WWE thinking? Kofi was one of the hottest things going for them and they squash him. So Brock wins the title and now he's going to defend it against Cain Velasquez? A 37 year old, out of shape fighter with no in-ring experience.

All I saw tonight was Fox telling WWE that they don't believe wrestling can sell and WWE caving in and selling out.

I'm done.. 3/10

Well Cain actually does wrestle for AAA and has had at least one match. He actually did a hurricanrana and wrestled luchador style.

Regardless, you're right though. Just because he beat Lesnar for the UFC belt 8 years ago doesn't in any way mean a damn thing in a pro wrestling ring today.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
After waffling, I finally had to change my vote and agree with @white crow . I went down to a five because the blatant stupidity of the ending of the show. I don't care if it gets people talking. They will stop talking when Lesnar doesn't show up on TV for the next three months and doesn't defend his title until the Rumble, nearly four months from now.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score

with wwe?
[automerge]1570251657[/automerge]
Also lmao people need to stop rating a whole show just based on one segment. The final 10 minutes shouldn't result anything more than a 2 point drop on what you would rate the show if you just ignored it IMO

Reactions: edge4ever

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
with wwe?
[automerge]1570251657[/automerge]
Also lmao people need to stop rating a whole show just based on one segment. The final 10 minutes shouldn't result anything more than a 2 point drop on what you would rate the show if you just ignored it IMO

That's the whole point of ratings, silly. We rate for different reasons. I mean if you watched a really good action flick, it's so awesome and building up a climactic battle and right then, the bad guys just gives up and the movie ends... you're going to probably rate the whole movie based off the ending.

That's all we're doing here. Yeah, the entire two hours were not about Kofi and Lesnar... but they were actually. We were supposed to get a world title match on TV, Brock Lesnar's first televised match in 15 years... and they gave us that...

I have to agree with Crow. That's definitely a minus five points because I was so looking forward to seeing how Kofi would handle Lesnar, and they turned him into a joke.

Reactions: white crow

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
MINUS 5 STARS

Everybody can rate how they want. And I can disagree with how they come to their rating. That's all I'm doing, it sounds like people are getting burnt out on WWE and should probably drop it, move to just NXT/AEW if the main shows aren't their thing anymore

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
MINUS 5 STARS

Everybody can rate how they want. And I can disagree with how they come to their rating. That's all I'm doing, it sounds like people are getting burnt out on WWE and should probably drop it, move to just NXT/AEW if the main shows aren't their thing anymore

I didn't say you couldn't. I just simply explained my viewpoint.