Rate Raw 2/19/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 8/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
RAW starts with Roman getting booed out out of the building. His promos are definitely getting better. He's not a main-event level promo yet, but he'll get there. Review should be short because this gauntlet took up more than half the show.

Seth Rollins interrupts Reigns and the gauntlet match starts. It was a good mach but felt like a waste of time. Seth Rollins and Elias was very impressive in this match. Elias is underrated in the ring. Braun Strowman wins and rightfully so, he needs to look strong going into Elimination Chamber.

Jeff Jarrett's Hall of Fame announcement. Still couldn't be happier about this news.

Asuka promo's are decent for what she can do. Nia Jax destroys her as she should.. She needs to seem like a threat.. Still think Asuka is winning this Sunday.

Titus Worldwide beat Sheamus and Cesaro... lmao

Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy's feud is getting stale.. They need to do something here or just end it.. Every feud Bray Wyatt is in seems very underwhelming.

5/10 i guess for the Gauntlet match and Jarrett's HOF announcement.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
200.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I think the gauntlet match had many storyline aspects and has set up future story's. The match hadn't got a reason, but it was still enriched with story.

1) John Cena- no longer big match john? Elimination chamber is a must win for Cena.

2) Seth proves what he said last week. He is Mr Monday night. Plus he gets payback over roman eliminating him in the Rumble.

3) Elias takes advantage of a exhausted Seth. This is exactly what he is gonna be doing at the chamber. He's the last mofo in the match after all.

4) Setting up a Miz and Balor feud. Mizterage heavily interfere in the match. This means the outnumbered Finn may need to call on he's good brothers for backup.

5) see how destructive Braun was? Imagine him in a elimination chamber. Absolute carnage.

All this under an umbrella of the WrestleMania main event at stake. Too bad its obvious Roman is fucking winning.

....I so want to just fantasy book some way to give Seth Rollins the W at Elimination Chamber. Like... I wonder if Strowman could find some way to rip a hole in the cage and chuck Roman out lol. I don't think you could just pull an Edge and not even let Plank of Wood into the match - although the visual of the whole match happening with Roman locked out sounds amusing - but it would be really cool if you could do this in a way that you can have Rollins win the chamber, but have Kurt Angle have a valid reason to add Roman to the match later.

With Seth there you get a better match on paper, a quality talent in the match, but most notably this goes from simply "Coronate Reigns, Chapter IV" to "Hey, what would have happened had Wrestlemania 31 had Seth in the match that whole time?". while also reminding us (along with Jacob Fox) what a war that match was.

Reigns's character would feel like he's truly fighting for something for the first time given his history with Seth (while also being handed a title shot, because secret heel)

The dynamics work so well on paper but RomanWinsLOL

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I only watched the Gauntlet Match so far and I think they did a really good job with it. Obviously Reigns is winning on Sunday, which isn't a bad thing (to me at least), he makes the most sense out of all the participants and we already know Lesnar and Reigns gel together really well in a ring. But I like that WWE's aware of the other great talent they have on the roster, so they made sure to make anyone but Reigns shine in this and I appreciate that. Especially Rollins got a huge boost out of this match. He literally just beat WWE's 2 top guys back to back clean. Especially the Cena one kinda caught me off guard as it was as clean as it can get.. after an already steady performance against Reigns nonetheless!

Like I said, great match all together, the middle part kinda lacked in excitement but having Braun destroy everyone towards the end definitely helped and I'm really looking forward to their match inside the chamber, I think they're gonna kill it

Reactions: Snowman1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
7 for me. I fell asleep like 10 times during the show, but it really wasn't the show's fault. I had been up for about 24 hours at that point. But hey, I liked the gauntlet because it was something different. However, I recognize it was laziness on the part of the writers at WWE. So they take all 7 guys in the chamber and have them wrestle for two hours... why? Well, it takes up two whole hours of Raw so they don't have to put anything else in the show. How about instead, MAKE THE SHOW ONLY TWO DAMN HOURS!!!

Anyway, Rollins was the reason for watching the match. He was amazing to wrestler over an hour like that. I honestly thought they were going to push him for the whole two hours. But after he was eliminated, the match dragged a bit. Even Braun wasn't too exciting. I mean, the whole point of the match was to make us thing both Rollins and Braun have a chance of winning, or that Cena would bounce back because he is Cena... but it didn't work. We're not stupid.

Jeff Jarrett being inducted into the HOF. I watch the induction ceremony every year but this year I am going to be soooo excited. I don't give a damn about Goldberg, I don't think Ivory makes sense over other women who deserve it more... the Dudley Boys MORE than deserve it and I'm curious to see Bully Ray's acceptance, especially since he is working in ROH right now. But most of all, it's Double J for me. He's a wrestler and a promoter who gets a lot of shit from fans and he doesn't deserve it. So although the HOF is not the honor it could be if it was voted on rather than just Vince's whim, it is still a honor and I don't care what anyone says, Jeff Jarrett deserves it. I'm happy for him and I eagerly await his induction speech. I would be happy as hell if he picks up a job in WWE too.

Reactions: Snowman1

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
7 for me. I fell asleep like 10 times during the show, but it really wasn't the show's fault. I had been up for about 24 hours at that point. But hey, I liked the gauntlet because it was something different. However, I recognize it was laziness on the part of the writers at WWE. So they take all 7 guys in the chamber and have them wrestle for two hours... why? Well, it takes up two whole hours of Raw so they don't have to put anything else in the show. How about instead, MAKE THE SHOW ONLY TWO DAMN HOURS!!!
THANK YOU, finally someone with great sense doesn't simply gush over this simple tactic they used this week. Yeah it was different but come on, it couldn't be more obvious that they needed that match to take up the time that would have been wasted and they're still trying to appeal to the fans before this Sunday.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
THANK YOU, finally someone with great sense doesn't simply gush over this simple tactic they used this week. Yeah it was different but come on, it couldn't be more obvious that they needed that match to take up the time that would have been wasted and they're still trying to appeal to the fans before this Sunday.
I prefer WWE giving us good wrestling on a wrestling show. Let's face it, the segments they would of made if this match didn't happen, would of got shat on by people regardless. Wrestling fans are only happy when it rains.

I didn't like the gauntlet cuz it was different. I liked the gauntlet cuz it was good. Simple as that really

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Honestly, the gauntlet match to me, served its purpose. To showcase the talent, going into Elimination Chamber. Rollins is sublime as usual in there. But we got to see how Elias wrestles finally. We've seen his work before, but I mean, this gauntlet match put him on the spotlight which he needed the most. I say the same for Balor. The only boring part is the women's match. Sorry, but true. Everything else was top notch.

The Miz was priceless in there. He looked scared in there like a lil bitch, and gets destroyed by Braun Strowman. Not even the Miztourage could help him. They got destroyed, too.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Gave it a 7/10 overall and as most already pointed out, the Gauntlet match was really the entire show. Whatever else followed was just filler and boring:

- Seth Freakin Rollins :rollins3: There are not enough words to describe his performance last night. Simply put, he was a beast and the fact that he pinned both Reigns and Cena clean as a whistle in the middle of the ring just makes me wonder what plans they have for him come Wrestlemania cause this showing must have a purpose, wouldn't you think?

- A bit of storyline stupidity: Nothing crazy really but was just thinking, if I'm the Miz, the smart heel and I know I am second to last in this gauntlet match, which means I KNOW who's coming next, I get my ass disqualified and outta there asap. In other words, I'd be encouraging Mizterage to get as involved as possible and get that DQ. Granted, the idea was for Braun to later have some bodies to play with in the end but I think this would have made Miz look better and play off of his own words the week prior in regards to his tactics and how smart he says he is, doing whatever it takes etc. Again, nothing serious really and more of me just nitpicking.

- The Bar vs. Titus Worldwide: meeeh.....just an excuse, I guess, for the Bar to perhaps have some title match at the PPV.

Looking at the bigger picture, it saddens me how miserable this tag team division is right now and how they really need to shake things up, whether being a call up (or two) from NXT or the draft not coming soon enough. This may sound like a desperate thought but if they were to announce a tag team title match for the chamber PPV, I'd actually have Titus Worldwide win, give them a small run and then have the Revival win it from them. Idk, just do something cause this division is just awful right now...

- I understand promos are very important in WWE but why they insist on putting the damn mic in front of Asuka (or Nakamura on SD for that matter) is beyond me. Less talk, more action. Works just fine and if it's necessary for them to say something, let it be to the point. A line or two, to the point, short and sweet.

- Main event: Wow, what a concept, the FIRST EVER...6 person tag :shock2: ..........:damn:

- Let's end this on a good note, shall we?