• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw 2/19/2018

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 8/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Rate tonight's Raw and leave some comments to let us know what you think of the show!

Opening

The show began with a moment of silence for the Florida school shooting.

Gauntlet Match

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

Rollins won by pin fall

Seth Rollins vs John Cena

Seth Rollins won by pin fall

Seth Rollins vs Elias

Elias won by pin fall

Elias vs Finn Balor

Finn won by pin fall

Miz vs Finn Balor

Miz defeated Finn Balor by pin call

Braun Strowman vs Miz

Braun Strowman won by pinfall, thus winning the gaunlet match.

WWE Hall of Fame Announcement

Jeff Jarret was announced as the next inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame

Asuka

Asuka talked about her undefeated streak and was attacked by Nia Jax.

Sheamus and Cesaro vs Apollo and Titus O'Neil

Apollo and Titus won by pin fall

Sasha Banks, Bayley and Mickie James vs. Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose and Alexa Bliss

Sasha Banks Bayley and Mickie James won by submission and a brawl erupted after the match

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Yeah, I am telling the future again :) Most of the results are there, I'll fill out the last two matches in the morning. And MAN that gauntlet match was something different.

The Gipper

The Gipper
200.gif

back here to rescue the day

Titus Worldwide vs The Bar

APOLLO WON A MATCH, APOLLO WON A MATCH, APOLLO WON A MATCH

creepy vs creepy

*sigh* remember when people were hyped bout broken matt hardy in WWE and I told ya all that it wasn't gonna be good. I told you all that WWE wouldn't know what to do with that character and you all ignored me! Well who was right in this situation, ladies and gentleman? WHO WAS THE RIGHT ONE HERE?!

Generic Womens Tag Team Match

.....Wow, this really went downhill after the gauntlet didn't it? Sasha makes someone tap, im tired.

Solid Snake

Champion
200.gif

back here to rescue the day

Titus Worldwide vs The Bar

APOLLO WON A MATCH, APOLLO WON A MATCH, APOLLO WON A MATCH

creepy vs creepy

*sigh* remember when people were hyped bout broken matt hardy in WWE and I told ya all that it wasn't gonna be good. I told you all that WWE wouldn't know what to do with that character and you all ignored me! Well who was right in this situation, ladies and gentleman? WHO WAS THE RIGHT ONE HERE?!

Generic Womens Tag Team Match

.....Wow, this really went downhill after the gauntlet didn't it? Sasha makes someone tap, im tired.
200.gif

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
6 out of 10 as an entire show, Raw basically weighed everything on this Gauntlet match of the Elimination Chamber qualifiers which really wasn't bad.

- However, the end result was too easy to see coming AND unless they change the results to the end of Elimination Chamber a bit or all together then it'll be another waste of booking. Besides WHETHER SLOW BURN OR NOT, Finn Balor DOES NOT DESERVE to keep losing in matches against top talent. Everything else tonight was pretty much drab from that match ending except for Jeff Jarrett getting inducted and the fans who love this (not me though).

- ..............the Asuka segment...........I'm starting to get tired of this Asuka shit (I REPEAT, "I'M starting to get tried of this Asuka shit") and it's not even her fault. WWE, what are you doing?? You're having her talk more than necessary, you keep playing this guessing game of "Is she losing the streak??", "Who going to break her streak??", "Is she fighting Ronda at Wrestlemania??YES she has to fight her.....oh wait no, she's going for the RAW title......no, the Smackdown title and moving over to that show....." and so on and so on. All this spectulation with her.......with Ronda Rousey........with the title matches.......WTF?!?? Just get to the basis of whatever fucked up story/stories that are to come. Nia (sorry baby) but you are so fucking stiff......WWE!! You see this.....YOU HAVE TO KNOW THIS........either fix her or forget her, meaning bye bye Nia Jax for good. I hate this but it's not getting any better at all.

- Good to see Apollo pick up a win..........I wish they would work with him more and finally, create a story and better persona for him. I mean if they continue Titus & Apollo as a regular tag team who goes through ups and downs, maybe argue a little bit with Dana being the voice of reason (Please work on her character more, WWE. It's dry as fuck!!) then I'll be interested to watch that.

- ZZZZZZzzzzzZZzzZZZzzz.....oh excuse me, uhhh what a way to end the show. The pure epitome of a SNOOZE FEST......was really watching 6 women run around a ring, did some wrestling stuff until finally Sasha made Alexa tap out then came the ambush by Absolution and Alexa attack one of them with Mickie helping and they leave walking backwards up the ramp to end the show, arm around each other.....was that really your way of ending tonight's show?? REALLY??.....ooooohhhhh, hooray. Thanks for this. Way to build right before a Pay-Per-View.
200.gif

NEWS FLASH, WWE. New graphics and themes are NOT going to help you, booking matches that have no story or make no sense at all is NOT going to help you, taking the easy route to end matches or attempting to create controversial results is NOT going to help and putting main event type matches at the very beginning of your shows WILL NOT help you. You are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked........and you're still just beginning. WE KNOW!!!!

200.gif

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
And lets have a look at RAW this week...

~ This Gauntlet match was pointless & every man & his dog knows the Plank of Wood
is winning this Sunday.

~ And Nia leaves Asuka laying...& that's the set up for Asuka winning this Sunday...but
my gut tells me otherwise.

Also...& not to sound or look like a complete pervert (too late) but did anyone else notice
Asuka's nip slip?

~ The Bar vs. Titus Worldwide...again...Ugh...SKIP!

~ Okay at this point Woken Matt & Bray should just team up so the Bar have someone else
to fight.

~ And the 6 women tag match ends with Sasha Banks finally doing something positive
by making Alexa Bliss tap out (YAY!) but of course Alexa has to look good/strong by the
end of the night so of course Mickie helps her out even if it makes her look like she has
memory problems.

AlexaWinsLOL...

And I'm Done...

Redboy123@

Thought this was a good show. Sure the gauntlet match was pointless but was still extremely entertaining and booked perfectly. Can't deny the match put Seth in a way better position to when he walked in. That's a success in my book. WWE gave us 2 hours of pure wrestling. I'm not complaining.

Raw Really is Rollins.

The rest of the show was meh. That Ronda video package tho...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
That Ronda video package tho...
You know what would be kind of funny & weird?

If it turned out that once Ronda finally started
wrestling she had like the most generic, old school
move set...like she wrestled like someone from
the 80's & didn't incorporate any judo or MMA
fighting into her ring work at all.

(Well...apart from her armbar finisher of course)

I'd actually like that...especially seeing as Shayna
Baszler is already doing the "MMA Fighter in a
Wrestling Ring" gimmick in NXT at the moment.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
As someone who hasn't been watching and wants to check this gauntlet match out tonight, does this show get bonus points?

Props for doing something different

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
As someone who hasn't been watching and wants to check this gauntlet match out tonight, does this show get bonus points?

Maybe from a few other people but not from me due to the end results.

Redboy123@

Worth a watch. Rollins defeated both Cena and Roman ffs lol

People may feel that the gauntlet was pointless, but I guarantee you Rollins is way more over now then before the match. I can only see this match as a success.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Worth a watch. Rollins defeated both Cena and Roman ffs lol

People may feel that the gauntlet was pointless, but I guarantee you Rollins is way more over now then before the match. I can only see this match as a success.

I've always been big on giving a match a kayfabe reason to exist. If a match is meaningless if usually has an uphill battle in my book, but... One is that if there is a story coming out of the match, that also counts. Two they've been getting better with that. We had 2 matches recently with Chamber spots 1 and 7 on the line, they gave Alexa and Nia a stipulation that gives the otherwise predictable match a sense of urgency. Three... Well... sometimes you have to take the smartass hat off and get me be a kid again watching your favorite wrestler defeat your two least favorite back to back.

Redboy123@

I've always been big on giving a match a kayfabe reason to exist. If a match is meaningless if usually has an uphill battle in my book, but... One is that if there is a story coming out of the match, that also counts. Two they've been getting better with that. We had 2 matches recently with Chamber spots 1 and 7 on the line, they gave Alexa and Nia a stipulation that gives the otherwise predictable match a sense of urgency. Three... Well... sometimes you have to take the smartass hat off and get me be a kid again watching your favorite wrestler defeat your two least favorite back to back.
I think the gauntlet match had many storyline aspects and has set up future story's. The match hadn't got a reason, but it was still enriched with story.

1) John Cena- no longer big match john? Elimination chamber is a must win for Cena.

2) Seth proves what he said last week. He is Mr Monday night. Plus he gets payback over roman eliminating him in the Rumble.

3) Elias takes advantage of a exhausted Seth. This is exactly what he is gonna be doing at the chamber. He's the last mofo in the match after all.

4) Setting up a Miz and Balor feud. Mizterage heavily interfere in the match. This means the outnumbered Finn may need to call on he's good brothers for backup.

5) see how destructive Braun was? Imagine him in a elimination chamber. Absolute carnage.

All this under an umbrella of the WrestleMania main event at stake. Too bad its obvious Roman is fucking winning.