Rate Raw 10/17/2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's Raw in our poll!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's Raw in our poll and leave your comments below!

Opening

Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho came to the ring to talk about their situation. It was routine KO and Y2J stuff. Seth Rollins showed up and mocked both of them. After some back and forth insults, and Rollins trying to sow some seeds of dissent between KO and Y2J, Jericho and Rollins agreed to a match. Rollins challenged Y2J to fight on his own and Y2J insisted that KO leave. KO seemed reluctant but Y2J insisted. KO eventually agreed but said he would be there in spirit.

Seth Rollins vs Chris Jericho

At one point, KO returned to the ring. He distracted a Rollins pedigree attempt which Jericho reversed into a Walls of Jericho. When Rollins reached for the rope, KO pulled it out of his reach. Despite the distraction, Rollins eventually pulled off the victory by pinfall. KO then left ringside again.

Golden Truth and Mark Henry vs Shining Stars and Titus O'Neil

Mark Henry hit Titus O'Neil with the world's strongest slam to give him and the Golden Truth the win by pinfall.

Backstage

KO and Chris Jericho began arguing because Jericho was angry that KO came to the ring when he had made it clear he didn't want him to. They began fighting until Stephanie McMahon came to the ring and told them she needed them as her Survivor Series captains and they had to get along.

Sheamus vs Big E

Big E defeated Sheamus by pinfall.

Bo Dallas vs Neville

Bo Dallas defeated Neville by pinfall. After the match, Bo attacked Curtis Axel, turning on his friend.

Dana Brooke vs Bayley

Dana Brooke defeated Bayley by pinfall.

Paul Heyman Promo

Paul Heyman, via satellite, degraded Goldberg and suggested he should decline the challenge because he's not as good as Goldberg.

Braun Strowman vs Mile High Trio

Braun Strowman defeated the Mile High Trio by pinfall. After the match, Strowman said since Foley wouldn't give him the competition he wanted, he was going to come to the back to get it. Suddenly, Sami Zayn came to the ring. Strowman pushed him out of the ring and then left.

Rusev Promo

Rusev showed pictures of his family to the audience. After a long and droning promo Roman Reigns FINALLY interrupted Rusev. Lana slapped Roman and then Rusev attacked him. A brawl ensued with Rusev keeping the upper hand for the most part.

Karl Anderson vs Cass

Cass pinned Anderson.

Brian Kendrick Tony Nese and Drew Gulak vs TJ Perkins, Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann

Kendrick forced Swann to tap out to the captain's hook, giving his team the victory.

Goldberg

Goldberg accepted Lesnar's challenge and said that not only is Lesnar next, he's last.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Really bad show. It may be the worst of the year. The only highlights were the cruiserweight match, which was cut too short, and the Goldberg promo. And the only reason the Goldberg promo was a highlight was because it had been so long since he was in WWE.

Still don't know what to expect from the match. I know the majority of everyone is saying Lesnar is a definite... but I dunno. I still can't see a guy like Goldberg coming back to a company that he doesn't even really like just to lose. Furthermore, don't think that there can be a real winner in this match. If Goldberg wins, than a 49 year old man who hasn't wrestled in 12 years just beat the most brutal and dominant wrestler of our time. If Lesnar wins, he beat a man who is nearing 50 and hasn't wrestled in 12 years. Plus, I couldn't imagine the match even being interesting and it's likely going to be a BAD match reminiscent of the Warrior and Hogan rematch... but we'll see. I guess I am still looking forward to it in a way.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The only thing I watched was when Bill came out and that was good. I liked his energy and how he was with the kids.
That alone wont save a show. If I had watched, based on what I read, it'd get a 2/10 from me...
And I would be being generous cause of the ending.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...just a few notes:

~ Is it me...or do they not know what to do with Jericho ATM?

~ Great Charlotte interview...Love you Charlotte!

~ Big E had a singles win...Nice.

~ Neville is on TV...Awesome!

~ Dana Brooke vs. Bayley...This match was a mess...the ending was terrible.
Is it me...or has Bayley become a main roster version of that Blue Pants lady.
A lovable jobber with a crowd pleasing gimmick...Please WWE...stop having
Bayley lose all the time.

~ Another squash match for Big McLargeHuge...and why is Sami Zayn confronting him?
Shouldn't it be Big Show or Mark Henry? I mean I like Sami Zayn...he is an amazing wrestler...
but I don't want to see him get fed to Punch SideIron.

~ Nice to see Rusev putting Reigns in pain...

~ Big Cass also had a singles win...Nice.

~ Sasha Banks is talking...Boring!

~ Let's just have all the Cruiserweights in one place with not enough time for
them to actually put on a good match. WWE...I swear you want to fail!

~ I don't care about Glodberg, Glodberg, Glodberg *Repeat till your ears bleed*

~ Wow...Bork Laser is actually going to be on RAW next week? G...its almost
like he actually works for the WWE...I'm in shock.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Phenom

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I decided to sit through three hours of a pretty not too bad episode of RAW to see a guy who's era of prominence I was born too late to appreciate. The end segment did give me chills, I could feel the emotion emitting from the TV screen. 5/10.

The Good:

Like I said that Goldberg segment was emotional. You could tell that he was genuinely happy to return. I don't know how they managed to do it...but I'm interested in Goldberg/Lesnar 2 now. Just please don't suck like the first match (watched it recently).

Charlotte/Sasha Banks interview segments were better than I expected them to be, Charlotte's especially.

Rusev's family segment= GOLD. I was enjoying learning about RuRu's family but out comes Roman. Also can Lana just drop the accent? She is really struggling with keeping it up.

Sami Zayn of all people coming to challenge Braun Strowman interested to see where it goes.

The Meh:

I can't buy face Seth Rollins. They turned him too late and as a result we have a face Seth Rollins with the dumbest motivations for being face. He is fighting KO to get to HHH because he isn't HHH's bitch anymore...I don't get it. But he works matches pretty fun as a face so that's cool.

If Cesaro and Sheamus could just start working together that would be great...we need them titles off the New Day.

The Bad:

I swear to the seven deities that Bo Dallas better be getting a reeeeeeeeeal strong push to the upper mid card if they have Neville do the job. FUCKING NEVILLE JOBBING TO BO DALLAS. What is life? R.I.P Neville's career, the career creative forgot.

While were mourning career losses, R.I.P Gallows and Anderson's WWE career.

afulwani488

Reaction score
Watch This To Know The Results! Goldberg Returns Also!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but there's no need for a thread like this.

In fact, we have them created each and every week after RAW and SmackDown end.

And on top of that, both "Rate RAW" and "Rate SmackDown" threads are put in their respectable sections.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Them dolla bills I am guessing :kanye3:

Not only that, but I believe Goldberg himself has said he'd like to return and do a one-off match, because he'd like his kid to see him wrestle or something along those lines.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Watch This To Know The Results! Goldberg Returns Also!

You could have just posted this video in this thread. If you do these weekly, please do that from now on. We don't need two threads about results each week.

/merged :bayley:

Reactions: Jacob Fox

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
****** 6/10
The Good:
That Charlotte interview was amazing! I'm going with Charlotte Flair! (Sorry Sasha I still Luv U)
That beat down from Rusev to Reigns!
I don't know about yah but Bo Dallas was vicious out there!...............I'm starting to bolieve!
The Cruiserweight match
Y2J vs Rollins was..........ok
GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG!

The Bad:

Sami Zayn and Strowman?????
The rest of the show!!!!!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'd give it a 5. The only highlight was Goldberg.

His return gave me chills. It was awesome. I am beyond curious as to how this match will go. I don't think Brock is going to just dominate golderbeg like he does others.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Them dolla bills I am guessing :kanye3:

Goldberg's net worth is about 14 million dollars. I doubt whatever WWE is paying him will have a substantial impact on that. He definitely doesn't need the money.

And yes, Goldberg does want to wrestle so his son can see him in the ring, as Prince Balor mentioned. But that just solidifies my point. I am sure he wants his son to see him win.

Goldberg's disdain for the WWE is well documented. So I'm sorry, it doesn't make sense to me that he's going to come back to a company he doesn't care for to let his son see him wrestle and when he doesn't need the money, to only lose to the guy that he defeated in his final match.

Now I am not saying that Goldberg is going to win. I accept that I could be wrong. However, my point is that we shouldn't just assume that Lesnar is going to win this. There are plenty of reasons to believe he won't.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Goldberg's net worth is about 14 million dollars. I doubt whatever WWE is paying him will have a substantial impact on that. He definitely doesn't need the money.

And yes, Goldberg does want to wrestle so his son can see him in the ring, as Prince Balor mentioned. But that just solidifies my point. I am sure he wants his son to see him win.

Goldberg's disdain for the WWE is well documented. So I'm sorry, it doesn't make sense to me that he's going to come back to a company he doesn't care for to let his son see him wrestle and when he doesn't need the money, to only lose to the guy that he defeated in his final match.

Now I am not saying that Goldberg is going to win. I accept that I could be wrong. However, my point is that we shouldn't just assume that Lesnar is going to win this. There are plenty of reasons to believe he won't.

Vince Mcmahon wouldn't let a retired wrestler come out of retirement just to beat the guy who he let mow through the entire WWE roster and beat the streak, right?