Rate Raw 02/13/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw.

• 0/10

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 7/10

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • 8/10

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Raw and let us know what you thought about the show by leaving some comments :)

Opening

The show opened with Stephanie McMahon. She made it a point that she was running Raw. She was interrupted by Roman Reigns. He demanded a match with Braun Strowman immediately. Stephanie polled the audience, who wanted to see the match tonight. She then claimed that the crowd was ambivalent and that they didn't care about Roman being less than 100% but she cared enough to not put him in the match. She told him he won't have Braun Strowman tonight, because Strowman will have a match with Mark Henry. When Roman said he would come out during the match, Stephanie told him that if he interfered, she would take away his match at Fast Lane.

When Roman tried to reiterate his point, they were interrupted by Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. They offered a two on one handicap against Roman. Stephanie made the match. Roman then began brawling with them.

Handicap Match: Roman Reigns vs Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows

Gallows and Anderson were disqualified when they wouldn't quit double teaming Roman. Roman fought back, beating them with a chair.

Bo Dallas vs Kofi Kingston

Kofi defeated Bo by pin fall.

Noam Dar vs Jack Gallagher

Jack Gallagher defeated Noam Dar by pin fall.

After the match, the camera cut to a limo with Samoa Joe and Triple H arriving at the arena.

The Debut of Emmalina

Emmalina showed up in a golden evening gown. She announced how everyone has waited 17 weeks to see Emma become Emmalina. But then she switched back to Emma and left.

Braun Strowman vs Mark Henry

Braun Strowman defeated Mark Henry by pin fall. After the match, Roman Reigns came out to the ring area. Strowman easily knocked Roman off the ring but Roman then came I and tried to take Strowman down with a couple Superman punches and a spear. Strowman caught Roman in mid spear and power slammed him.

Interview With Samoa Joe

Joe basically said he wasn't here to do things in a honorable way and said that the WWE would find out why the creator released him, the Destroyer.

Sami Zayn vs Rusev

Sami Zayn defeated Rusev by pin fall.

After the match, Samoa Joe attacked Zayn and gave him a brutal beat down.

Akira Tozawa vs Ariya Daivari

Akira Tozawa defeated Ariya Daivari by pin fall.

Festival of Friendship

Jericho came out with Vegas showgirls and then took Owens to the ring. Owens looked somewhat annoyed with all the glitz and glamour. Jericho presented KO with a $7000 statue showing two figures kissing and embracing. He then revealed the "Creation of Kevin" painting, which showed he and KO in place of the figures in the Creation of Adam. KO got mad that Jericho didn't have pants on. He then presented a magician named Friendship who pulled scarves out of his mouth and put it on Jericho and tried to put it on KO. He then presented a rose, which Jericho gave to Owens. When KO insulted the magician, which made Jericho put the magician on the list.

Jericho then proceeded to call out Goldberg to make it up to KO that he hadn't taken out Goldberg the previous week. There was a long commercial break and when they returned, Jericho was in the same pose calling Goldberg out that he had last week. After Goldberg's music began playing, Gillberg came out instead. KO then destroyed Gillberg.

Getting back in the ring, KO got angry at Jericho. He claimed that entire reason for the festival was getting Goldberg out so they could beat him down. Jericho explained he did what he did because he had so much fun with KO over the past year and wanted to show he appreciated it. He claimed the real present he would give KO is that he will guarantee that he will have KO's back at Fast Lane. He told KO that the reason KO is champ still is because Jericho has always had his back. Jericho also told KO he loved him and they were brothers. KO then thanked Jericho for all of the festival stuff and then said he had a present for Jericho, but it was nothing compared to what Jericho did. It was a new list, but it was the List of KO and Jerichos name was on it. KO then began attacking Jericho. He beat Jericho down severely and then left.

Enzo vs Cesaro

Cesaro defeated Enzo by pin fall.

Raw Women's Tag Team Championship: Champion Charlotte Flair vs Bayley

During the match, Dana Brooke attacked Bayley and this allowed Charlotte to apply the figure 8 to Bayley. Sasha Banks then came down and took out Dana before hitting Charlotte with her crutch. Bayley hit Charlotte with the Bayley to Belly and won the Raw Women's Championship.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am giving this a 7. As with most Raws of late, it had its problems being too long and had slow parts. However, I particularly liked:

The Festival of Friendship. This was the Raw moment of the year and it will be difficult for WWE to create a better moment on the show all year. I enjoyed every part of this. Jericho is such an extremely charismatic and entertaining guy. I've never been a huge fan of the guy, but lately he's just been so entertaining. This segment was made perfectly. If Raw was nothing but this segment, I would have given the show a 10 and not been upset it was so short. That's how much I liked it.

And come on, how can you NOT love this:

upload_2017-2-13_22-20-19.png

You could literally feel how uncomfortable this made KO. It was awesome.

And I know a lot of people might be upset with Bayley winning the belt here but not at WrestleMania. I disagree. I think having her win the belt tonight was brilliant because it sets up Charlotte's eventual WrestleMania match even more. Charlotte can have doubts about her title defenses on Raw, but she can always be confident on PPVs that she will be able to recover. So it gives her a false sense of security going into WrestleMania that would be stronger than it would be otherwise.

So I think it's a great way to go about this.

Oh, and Emmalina finally showing up and reverting to Emma again... GOLD!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I missed some parts but I am giving it a six. While I agree with almost every one of Jacob's points, the one I disagree with was the main event. I know they have this whole "Charlotte is unstoppable on PPV" but with how much the title has been flip-flopping, she needed to keep it longer with Bayley going on top at Mania. I actually tuned out of Raw as soon as the match began because, while my premonitions are weak on PPVs, for Raw, IT WAS A POWERFUL PREEEMONEEETION!!! :matt: :matt: :matt:

But everything else was alright filler, or good. Enzo getting murdered was fun and the Festival of Friendship was so amazing it SHOULD HAVE ended the show.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I hate RAW so much...And I also hate Bayley...

Fucking 0 out of Fucking 10...

After a great SmackDown pay per view...RAW comes in
to once again makes me question what I'm even doing here.

• Haha
Reactions: Solidus1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I hate RAW so much...And I also hate Bayley...

Fucking 0 out of Fucking 10...

After a great SmackDown pay per view...RAW comes in
to once again makes me question what I'm even doing here.

Oh Charlotte will get it back at Fast Lane. She's always at her best when she has her back against the wall. I think it's fun to watch a wrestler I love chase a belt.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
New Era, same old $%#@!

Char will be winning it back at the PPV like she always does.

Jericho and KO having a falling out makes me sad though. I loved them two together :okay:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Oh Charlotte will get it back at Fast Lane. She's always
at her best when she has her back against the wall. I think it's fun to watch a wrestler I love chase a belt.
That's not the point...the point is the creative team showed zero patience and
wasted what could have been an "epic" moment for Wrestlemania and gave Bayley
the title on another run of the mill episode of RAW.

Which is the exact same booking they dished out to Sasha and its not right!!!

Also Bayley has been on the main roster how many months? Six...I think and
she does not deserve that title. She has done sweet fuck all since being on
the main roster apart from show she has zero mic skills, a limited in-ring move
set and the ability to play her limited character in a limited way.

Dana Brooke is back with Charlotte tonight? Why?
Nia Jax is taking the night off? Why?
Sasha Banks helps Bayley win the title? Why?

FUCKING WHY?!

The RAW women's division is a fucking joke and its really, really starting to
get to me.

Now...I will admit I'm kind of angry that my Baes Charlotte and Alexa both
lost the titles on back-to-back nights...but at least Naomi has been on the main
roster for 8 years...not 8 months.

Naomi deserves that title because of all her hard work and dedication.

And I know Alexa was given a title run after less time on SmackDown...but who
else does SmackDown have? Natalya? Carmella? Eva Fucking Marie?

Alexa grabbed the opportunity and ran with it...and while her in-ring skills are
still far from perfect and her booking as champion was awful...at least she looked
and carried herself like a classic heel champion.

Why does Bayley get to win the title? Because she's the female version of John Cena
and will sell a heap of merchandise.

God it makes me sick!!!

It was bad enough that Bayley was going to win the belt at Wrestlemania...but no...
here at RAW we have no concept of long term story telling and being patient we
just want to throw [HASHTAG]#moment[/HASHTAG] after [HASHTAG]#moment[/HASHTAG] at you.

"Oh...Charlotte will just win it back at FastLane"

THEN WHY HAVE BAYLEY FUCKING WIN THE BELT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!

Yeah sure...let's just have Charlotte get pinned every fucking week on RAW...
cause that really allows Charlotte to show how good of a Champion she is.

You know what...and I hate to even mention this guy...but CM Punk held
the WWE Title for 434 days...that's impressive...and his reign should have
lasted longer but he was fucked over because of part timers. (Which is also
just about to happen to Kevin Owens...which again is total BULLSHIT!!!)

It's impressive because he was on top of the company for that entire time.

The number of reigns do not matter...its what you do with the title in the time
you have it. The most recent example being the Miz and the IC title.

Of course no woman can do anything with the RAW Women's title because they
keep passing it around every 30 to 50 days...

I can't believe I can go from being so happy with the WWE after Bray finally winning
the top prize...to being downright shocked and pissed off with them less than 24
hours later.

Also...the Emmalina situation is really, really fucking annoying for me.

Emma is a talented wrestler who deserves better. Yes...I'm bias because she's
Australian...but she is just being wasted.

And its not even funny...it really isn't.

I just...I just don't understand it...I don't think I can actually get my brain around
the constant stop/start, impatient, rushed and confusing booking on RAW.

Oh...and while I'm here:
~ Roman Reigns needs to fuck off...
~ Bo Dallas should be on SmackDown with his brother...
~ The New Day are truly becoming the Old Day for me...
~ I don't care about the Cruiserweights...Lucha Underground is more worth my time...
~ At least they haven't ruined Strowman...yet...
~ Look...I like Samoa Joe...but I'd rather see him wrestle than hear him talk...
~ And Rusev deserves better...
~ Sami Zayn is cool...shame Joe choked him out like a bitch...
~ I don't care nor have I ever cared about Owens & Jericho...SKIP!
~ I'm really starting to dislike Enzo...

I stand by my statement...0 out of 10...go fuck a cactus RAW creative team!

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That's not the point...the point is the creative team showed zero patience and
wasted what could have been an "epic" moment for Wrestlemania and gave Bayley
the title on another run of the mill episode of RAW.

Which is the exact same booking they dished out to Sasha and its not right!!!

Also Bayley has been on the main roster how many months? Six...I think and
she does not deserve to that title. She has done sweet fuck all since being on
the main roster apart from show she has zero mic skills, a limited in-ring move
set and the ability to play her limited character in a limited way.

Dana Brooke is back with Charlotte tonight? Why?
Nia Jax is taking the night off? Why?
Sasha Banks helps Bayley win the title? Why?

FUCKING WHY?!

The RAW women's division is a fucking joke and its really, really starting to
get to me.

Now...I will admit I'm kind of angry that my Baes Charlotte and Alexa both
lost the titles on back-to-back nights...but at least Naomi has been on the main
roster for 8 years...not 8 months.

Naomi deserves that title because of all her hard work and dedication.

And I know Alexa was given a title run after less time on SmackDown...but who
else does SmackDown have? Natalya? Carmella? Eva Fucking Marie?

Alexa grabbed the opportunity and ran with it...and while her in-ring skills are
still far from perfect and her booking as champion was awful...at least she looked
and carried herself like a classic heel champion.

Why does Bayley get to win the title? Because she's the female version of John Cena
and will sell a heap of merchandise.

God it makes me sick!!!

It was bad enough that Bayley was going to win the belt at Wrestlemania...but no...
here at RAW we have no concept of long term story telling and being patient we
just want to throw [HASHTAG]#moment[/HASHTAG] after [HASHTAG]#moment[/HASHTAG] at you.

"Oh...Charlotte will just win it back at FastLane"

THEN WHY HAVE BAYLEY FUCKING WIN THE BELT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!

Yeah sure...let's just have Charlotte get pinned every fucking week on RAW...
cause that really allows Charlotte to show how good of a Champion she is.

You know what...and I hate to even mention this guy...but CM Punk held
the WWE Title for 434 days...that's impressive...and his reign should have
lasted longer but he fucked over because of part timers. (Which is also just
about to happen to Kevin Owens...which again is total BULLSHIT!!!)

It's impressive because he was on top of the company for that entire time.

The number of reigns do not matter...its what you do with the title in the time
you have it. The most recent example being the Miz and the IC title.

Of course no woman can do anything with the RAW Women's title because they
keep passing it around every 30 to 50 days...

I can't believe I can go from being so happy with the WWE after Bray finally winning
the top prize...to being downright shocked and pissed off with them less than 24
hours later.

Also...the Emmalina situation is really, really fucking annoying for me.

Emma is a talented wrestler who deserves better. Yes...I'm bias because she's
Australian...but she is just being wasted.

And its not even funny...it really isn't.

I just...I just don't understand it...I don't think I can actually get my brain around
the constant stop/start, impatient, rushed and confusing booking on RAW.

Oh...and while I'm here:
~ Roman Reigns needs to fuck off...
~ Bo Dallas should be on SmackDown with his brother...
~ The New Day are truly becoming the Old Day for me...
~ I don't care about the Cruiserweights...Lucha Underground is more worth my time...
~ At least they haven't ruined Strowman...yet...
~ Look...I like Samoa Joe...but I'd rather see him wrestle than hear him talk...
~ And Rusev deserves better...
~ Sami Zayn is cool...shame Joe choked him out like a bitch...
~ I don't care nor have I ever cared about Owens & Jericho...SKIP!
~ I'm really starting to dislike Enzo...

I stand by my statement...0 out of 10...go fuck a cactus RAW creative team!

I've never been the type of person to tell anyone that their rating is not right, and I didn't do so in this case with you. In fact, my entire post was that I saw you were annoyed and trying to use humor and hyperbole to overcome that.

In regards to Emmalina, they were building her up for MONTHS to be just a throwback to the Diva division. And then they shucked that to make her serious... as a feminist, I completely support that.

Did you actually think that WWE wasn't going to continue this hot potato thing with the Raw women's championship. I mean, it was pretty obvious. The only thing important in this case is the PPV streak. And that is the thing that will continue to define Charlotte.

The number of reigns don't matter to me and they obviously don't matter to you. But they do matter, for some inexplicable reason, to the majority of the WWE fans. So the angle makes sense.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
The festival of friendship was the greatest anime betrayal of all time, 10/10. Probably the only good thing on the show. Bayley being champion before WrestleMania makes no sense, why have Charlotte play hot potato when she'd put Bayley--or any other Woman over more if she didn't lose every RAW title defense and looked like a credible champion?...

Yuu

The Artiste
Reaction score
I really liked raw, this time ... Except one thing: this stupid Charlotte's championship tale. Enough is enough.
Don't get me wrong, I think that Charlotte is a talented wrestler and a good heel, but this stuff just lost credibility.
I mean, u want to build a ppv streak for her? K, fine, no problem.
But don't let her lose the belt every fucking time on raw, to regain it in the next ppv. It's simply stupid, period.

*btw what the flying fuck was that huge ropes botch of enzo against Cesaro?! It was awful :eek: . I'm starting to understand why wwe wants to push Big Cass on his own ...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I really liked raw, this time ... Except one thing: this stupid Charlotte's championship tale. Enough is enough.
Don't get me wrong, I think that Charlotte is a talented wrestler and a good heel, but this stuff just lost credibility.
I mean, u want to build a ppv streak for her? K, fine, no problem.
But don't let her lose the belt every fucking time on raw, to regain it in the next ppv. It's simply stupid, period.
Well said...100% correct, A+ & you get a gold star...
*btw what the flying fuck was that huge ropes botch of enzo against Cesaro?! It was awful :eek: . I'm starting to understand why wwe wants to push Big Cass on his own ...
I hate to say it...but the sooner Big Cass ditches "Dead Weight" Enzo the better...

I honestly can't stand Enzo ever since the entire "trying to sleep with a married woman" angle...

Yuu

The Artiste
Reaction score
The problem with enzo to me isn't his character, his storylines or (obviously) his mic skills.
The problem is that he's a pretty bad wrestler, and I started to notice this a few months ago ...

I don't know how, but I believe that the best thing would be making him the Big Cass' "manager". That would be cool

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The problem with enzo to me isn't his character, his storylines or (obviously) his mic skills.
The problem is that he's a pretty bad wrestler, and I started to notice this a few months ago ...
I think Enzo has it tough...I mean he's the guy that always takes the beatings...and he's nearly always
fighting guys much taller and heavier than he is. He belongs more with the Cruiserweights than the
tag division...at least in my opinion.
I don't know how, but I believe that the best thing would
be making him the Big Cass' "manager". That would be cool
Well...its funny you mention that. I had an idea about Enzo being a manager/Hype Man for a female
wrestler. Have him cut a great entrance promo with her, talk up how tough and sexy she is...you
know...the stuff Enzo is really good at.

They could possibly build a romantic relationship with the two over time...plus Enzo can "wrestle" so
he could fight in mixed tag matches with his "lady client"

As far which female competitor Enzo could manage...I'd say Dana Brooke would fit the bill visually...
she just needs to improve her in-ring skills.

Or may-be he could be teamed up with Liv Morgan if she is eventually drafted to RAW...I mean they
are real life partners and her gimmick is basically the same as Enzo's right?

Yuu

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think Enzo has it tough...I mean he's the guy that always takes the beatings...and he's nearly always
fighting guys much taller and heavier than he is. He belongs more with the Cruiserweights than the
tag division...at least in my opinion.

Well...its funny you mention that. I had an idea about Enzo being a manager/Hype Man for a female
wrestler. Have him cut a great entrance promo with her, talk up how tough and sexy she is...you
know...the stuff Enzo is really good at.

They could possibly build a romantic relationship with the two over time...plus Enzo can "wrestle" so
he could fight in mixed tag matches with his "lady client"

As far which female competitor Enzo could manage...I'd say Dana Brooke would fit the bill visually...
she just needs to improve her in-ring skills.

Or may-be he could be teamed up with Liv Morgan if she is eventually drafted to RAW...I mean they
are real life partners and her gimmick is basically the same as Enzo's right?

That's an idea, but I think that his chemistry with Cass (at least on the mic) can't be wasted like that ...

Reactions: Grievous 3D