Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>
50-cent-miami.jpg
</center>
50 Cent is getting closer and closer to releasing his fifth album. In an interview with DJ Whoo Kid on SiriusXM’s Shade 45, the notorious rapper shared some of the hitmakers who have added their platinum touch to the project.

The hip-hop mogul has recorded 43 songs for the LP, which is no longer called Black Magic. “I can’t wait till my album comes out. I think things will shift,” said 50, who turns 36 this week. “Everybody who fell in love with what I fell in love with in hip-hop will respond to it because it’s got the right tones on it.”
In addition to the first offering “Outlaw,” produced by Cardiak, 50 has worked with Boi-1da, Alex Da Kid, Just Blaze, and Eminem. “I did four songs in Detroit with Em. I did two with Just Blaze, a Boi-1da joint, and I did something with Alex Da Kid. I got some heat.”
The Eminem-assisted tracks will appeal to a variety of listeners. “We made two that are definite singles and the other two are the kinds of records that we been making, more aimed at my core audience, more aggressive, more of a different kind of energy to it,” he explained.
When asked how he chooses his singles, his response was simple. “I say, which one makes me feel good when I hear it? That’s the one I’m keeping.”

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Looking forward to it to the album, but I'm still just gonna download it.

Edit: I meant Watch The Throne. I have no interest in 50 Cent.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;bXj4sLoFurI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXj4sLoFurI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Jay-Z has reportedly been speaking to Adele about working together in the future.

The 'Empire State Of Mind' rapper apparently used his time in the UK holding meetings with British music industry bosses, while his wife Beyoncé prepared for her Glastonbury headline slot.

Jay-Z's top priority while in London is said to have been a meeting with Adele, who has recently topped both the US and UK charts with her second studio album 21.

"Jay has been making the most of his trip over here. It's not often he is overwhelmed by people when he meets them, but Adele was on top form as usual," a source told The Sun.

"She talked him under the table. He was chuckling all the way through their chat.

"He's keen to work with her, whether it's producing or writing together. She was a huge hit in the States and he believes they could make a massive record together.

"He told her he was going to Glastonbury and she gave him a guide of what to see. She said he must catch Paolo Nutini. She said he was the must-see act of the festival."

After catching Nutini's performance at Glastonbury, Jay-Z is allegedly keen to work with the Scottish singer.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;qEhv8U2B-4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEhv8U2B-4k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>
minaj-cousin.jpg
</center>
Nicki Minaj is mourning the loss of her cousin. Nicholas “Ju$e” Telemaque was killed over the Fourth of July weekend in Brooklyn.

The 27-year-old was walking to his car after leaving C-PAC nightclub near his home around 2:40 a.m. on Monday morning when he was shot multiple times in his torso, according to the New York Daily News. He died soon after he was taken to Kings County Hospital.
The “Super Bass” rapper took to Twitter to share her tragic loss. “Lived in Brooklyn his whole life. My precious cousin. My baby. Killed last nite,” wrote a distraught Nicki. “My cousin Nicholas. Also goes by Juse, or @brolicalcoholic* Murdered. Last nite. Near his home. Brooklyn,NY.”
Police are investigating the incident, but no arrests have been made so far.

Kairi

Reaction score
Outkast Planning Solo Projects For 2011, Will Release Album Next Year <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">HipHopWired can exclusively report that Outkast plans to release a new album by early next year. Additionally we have confirmation that both Andre 3000 and Big Boi will drop solo projects, both before the end of 2011.
A rock solid industry source tells HipHopWired,
“Outkast is on track to release a new album by early next year. Both Dre and Big are working on solo projects; they want those out by the end of 2011.”
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
Eminem has yet another accomplishment to add to the record books. The Detroit rapper has become the first artist ever to sell one million digital copies of an album in the U.S.

Recovery, the best-selling album of 2010, moves past the one million digital mark this week. The record-breaking feat comes only weeks after Em debuted at No. 1 with Hell: The Sequel, his collaborative EP with Royce Da 5’9”. This is the first time in the last five years an artist has landed two No. 1 albums within a one-year period.
Recovery selling one million digital albums is an incredible achievement by an incredible artist,” stated Interscope Records’ Vice Chairman Steve Berman. “I have had the pleasure of working with Eminem throughout the course of his career, and I’m delighted to be a part of yet another milestone on his amazing journey.”
Eminem’s manager Paul Rosenberg also applauded his client. “We are thrilled to congratulate Eminem on the history-making digital sales success of Recovery,” said Rosenberg. “Over the years we’ve made a concerted effort to engage Em’s online fan base so this achievement is especially rewarding. Eminem made an amazing album with Recovery and the fans responded in record numbers.”

Kairi

Reaction score
J. Cole To Release New Mixtape Before "Cole World: The Sideline Story” <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
The Roc Nation rapper also runs down his wish list for collaborations.

J. Cole has a treat in store for fans before dropping his debut Cole World: The Sideline Story. Speaking with Rap-Up.com, the Roc Nation rapper explained that he plans to release a new mixtape this summer, a collection of leftover tracks that he wants fans to have.

“I’m going to go ahead and say probably more than likely this summer before the album. Because I have a lot of songs I want to put out. I don’t want to wait a year to put ‘em out,” he said. “I really love these songs, I ride around listening to these songs and I wouldn’t mind putting them out. It’s not going to be The Warm Up or Friday Night Lights, meaning that I treated them like real albums. This is going to be more of like a true mixtape. Don’t expect the album, but expect the mixtape.”

Cole, who just shot the video for his feature on Wale’s new single "Bad Girls Club," also ran down his wish list for collaborations, naming fellow Roc Nation signees Willow Smith, Jay Electronica, Rihanna and Jay-Z.

“I’m there now, I’m at that place where my life is about to be stable. So I’d love to collaborate with young Willow Smith, who I just saw at the BET Awards, and Jay Electronica, I cannot wait to get in with. He’s a monster. Jay-Z of course, and Rihanna as well. Look out for that. I got time coming up.”

Cole World: The Sideline Story hits stores on September 27th.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;d7anZ2wbv7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d7anZ2wbv7o[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;BZywOkdT00o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BZywOkdT00o[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj will be the focus of a new hourlong tell-all E! Special. The feature, which will detail the rapper’s humble beginnings and meteoric rise to fame, will include commentary from mentor/label-mate Lil’ Wayne, family and friends, and an appearance from the Harajuku Barbie herself.
E! Entertainment Special: Nicki Minaj premieres July 13 at 10:00 PM eastern on E! Entertainment channel.
Will you be watching?

Kairi

Reaction score
It's the latest craze taking over the Internet -- lying face down in bizarre places, stiff as wood -- but rapper Xzibit is leading a new charge AGAINST "planking" ... claiming the practice has RACIST roots

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 550x300 and weights 33KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Xzibit took to his Twitter recently, claiming, "Planking is THE dumbest sh*t ever. Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate yourselves."

The rapper adds, "Dont get it twisted. I care less where your dumb asses lay face down and take pictures of the sh*t, I'm just telling you where it came from."

It's all probably news to Katy Perry, Demi Moore, Rosario Dawson, Chris Brown, and Justin Bieber -- who have ALL posted pics of themselves online ... looking board.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Claiming? I'm sure he knows more about this than teenage kids that think this is cool. He should be taken more seriously here.

Kairi

Reaction score

Jul, 8 2011 | Written by ATLien

<a href="http://straightfromthea.com/2011/07/08/waka-flocka-flame-pulls-a-jay-z-talks-rap-retirement/x2_6a6690b/" target="_blank">

Waka Flocka Flame decided to get his “grown man on” recently and dropped in his saggin jeans to try on a few business suits.
Flocka also did something else surprising… following in the steps of his rap elder, Jay-Z, Flocka announced he would be quitting the rap game next year…

<a href="http://twitter.com/#!/WakaFlockaBSM/status/88715179520557056" target="_blank">

Ummmm…. perhaps he meant he raps “quite” well.

Whatever the case, Flocka hit up V-103′s Elle Duncan to explain his decision and confirmed that he’s definitely OverIt(dot)com…

The game as a whole is a fake. I’m tired of going through what I go through…

It’s hard not to see the natural progression in this situation. He ain’t foolin’ nobody! Waka’s been reading the 48 Laws of Power and has decided to utilize Law #16 ~ Use absence to create honor & respect.

Jay-Z did it… and came back a few years later talmbout ’30 is the new 20′. Then he married Beyonce and the rest is history. Flocka may be on to something…

Status
Not open for further replies.