Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
DMX not leaving prison tomorrow, time added for disciplinary infractions! <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
DMX -- PUNISHED for Sneaking Drugs In Prison

DMX just scored an extended stay in his Arizona prison after the rapper was allegedly caught with drugs behind bars ... but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 550x420 and weights 27KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, DMX broke SEVERAL rules in Yuma state prison since January -- including drug possession, failing or refusing a drug test, smoking when he wasn't supposed to, being disrespectful, disruptive, and disorderly ... the list goes on.

A rep for the prison wouldn't specify what kind of drug officials found on the rapper.

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 550x155 and weights 21KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

All told, DMX had seven disciplinary infractions -- and we're told, he'll be stuck in Yuma prison for AT LEAST another week ... and possibly much longer.

X was supposed to be released tomorrow, seven months after he was sentenced to serve time for a probation violation.

<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
Wiz Khalifa broke hip-hop code <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Uncle Luke, the man whose booty-shaking madness once made the U.S. Supreme Court stand up for free speech, gets as nasty as he wants to be for Miami New Times. This week, Luke explains why Wiz Khalifa shouldn't settle for Kanye West's sloppy seconds.

Wiz Khalifa needs to have his head examined. The boy behind the hit "Black & Yellow" has lost his mind over a woman interested only in hogging his spotlight. For months, Wiz has been dating former stripper Amber Rose, whose claim to fame is that her ex-boyfriend is Kanye West. Khalifa even tattooed the girl's name on his hand. Now he's beefing with Kanye because West dissed Amber at Coachella this past April and then, just recently, at the Essence Festival in New Orleans.

But Wiz Khalifa broke a cardinal rule in the rap game. You don't date another rapper's ex-girlfriend. He is not alone. In Atlanta, Soulja Boy recently snatched Lil Scrappy's girl. Lil Wayne's ex Toya Carter tied the knot with some rapper named Memphitz earlier this year.

They broke the bro code. See, when a rapper makes a commitment to one girl, he takes the relationship seriously. Rappers aren't like celebrity football and basketball players, who pass around exes like mustard. You got Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco dating Evelyn Losada, who was engaged to former Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker. Hell, some of these motherfuckers don't even wait for a breakup.

Television star Eva Longoria caught her man, San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker, banging his teammate Brent Barry's wife. Orlando Magic star Gilbert Arenas dumped his fiancée and baby mama Laura Govan after he caught her doing the dirty with Shaquille O'Neal. That is some incestuous shit. Despite the stereotypes, you rarely saw this kind of thing in hip-hop.

We rappers have always prided ourselves on not dating someone else's ex-girlfriends or ex-wives. This will come as a shock to some people, but if we have a relationship, it's with just one woman. Look at Jay-Z. He's been committed to Beyoncé for some time. Will Smith, Run-D.M.C., Ice Cube, Ice-T, and I are other examples of loyal, dedicated husbands in hip-hop.

Wiz Khalifa, like some members of his generation, has gotten soft. They are losing their focus. They can't spot a triflin' woman in the room to save their lives.

Wiz Khalifa broke hip-hop code - Page 1 - News - Miami - Miami New Times

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Wayne Talks New Album And Mixtape | News Video | MTV

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 512x288 and weights 123KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Lil Wayne is finally ready to share his much anticipated Carter IV album with the world. After revamping the project since his release from Rikers Island on weapons charges last November Tunechi has completely finished the project.

This past Thursday
we caught up with Wayne in his Miami hometown where he confirmed the news of the August release date that he's sticking to.

"The album is done and it'll be out August 29. It's totally done," Wayne told us.
During our coversation with the superstar MC, Wayne revealed that his single "How To Love" was one of his personal favorite records, inspired by the late great Tupac Shakur.

"That song is just sweeping the world. It's touching every woman, that's what it was for," Wayne said. "It was like Tupac had 'Keep Ya Head Up' and it was a message to women and little girls across the world just to keep your head up even though things are hard. That's what my song was."

According to Wayne he anticipates the single to help some of his females fans discover some of their inner feelings.
"A lot of women don't know how to love because there's deep reasons for them not knowing how to love," he explained. "And what I mean by deep reasons is deep and dark reasons. A lot of people don't open up that can and I figured that I can open up that can of worms and see what happens."

While the album is about a month out from hitting shelves Weezy is plotting to release the Sorry 4 The Wait mixtape in the mean time to keep his fans happy. RapFix got an early listen to the tape and Tune fans will be overjoyed to hear Weezy spitting over their favorite tracks such as Rick Ross and Meek Millz' obsessive "Tupac Back" and Waka Flocka's "Grove Street Party." The street album is a return for Wayne to his underground following with the lyricist blacking out on some of Hip-Hop's most beloved tracks.

<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
Her attempts to join Roc Nation may have not gone to plan, and Nicki Minaj may have blocked her efforts to sign with Cash Money, but now the speculation that Lil Kim has signed with G-Unit has heated up.
Now that founder 50 Cent has given confirmation on the issue.

Find out more below…​

In an interview which surfaced online moments ago ago, 50 Cent denied that he and the ‘How Many Licks’ performer had even discussed the possibility of working together.
Addressing the speculation, he declared:
“I heard it, I heard people say it too. It was just like, there was no reason to give confirmation for something that didn’t actually happen at all”
This comes just a few days after it was confirmed the pint-sized star will indeed be releasing new material in the coming months; her first original effort released this decade.
However, this may not come as a surprise to the performer’s loyal fans who for years have heard Kimberly reveal her desire to remain an independent artist after her contract with Atlantic Records came to an end.
This may come as bad news for supporters of the icon who were hoping inking a deal with a label would help push her upcoming project, which both she and her team are hoping will put her back to where she was in her glory days.
With Missy Elliot plotting her return to the scene and Nicki Minaj currently the reining Queen of Commercial Rap, will not signing to a major label hurt Kim’s chances of chart resurrection?

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj is refuting reports that she was attacked by a man at a Dallas hotel this week. The Pink Friday rapper took to Twitter to set the record straight.

TMZ reported that Minaj got into an intense verbal fight with an unidentified man who “struck” her in the lower lip at Dallas’ Palomar Hotel while she was in town for Britney Spears’ “Femme Fatale” tour. She reportedly told a hotel employee to call the police after the incident, but did not press charges.
A further investigation contradicts TMZ’s story. A spokesperson for the Dallas Police Department confirmed to MTV News that officers did respond to a call at the hotel on Monday night, but there was no mention of assault. “We responded to her and a friend arguing over a suitcase, and one of them let go and it hit her in the lip,” said Dallas PD spokesperson Kevin Janse.
Nicki fervently denied reports that she was attacked. “The fact that u believe a man either slapped or punched me in the face & didn’t leave on a stretcher w/his balls hangin off? #getaF%cknLife,” she tweeted. “The media could pee on ur leg & tell u its raining. You’d believe it. You’d believe u were an adopted martian if TMZ told u so. #stopit5.”
Her associate Safaree “SB” Samuels, who some had mistaken as the unidentified man, also blasted the allegations. “The general public are some stupid muthafuckas!!!! Y’all dicks believe anything on a website…. It’s really a shame,” he wrote. “4the record I would never lay a hand on ANY woman, I have all sisters and No brothers And that’s the last I’ll say about that!!! God bless.”

Kairi

Reaction score
T.I. is counting down the days to his release. In a new letter posted on his website, the incarcerated rapper thanked his fans for their loyal support and promised to return the love. “I WILL RETURN THE FAVOR!!! And that’s on PHIL!!!” he wrote of his late friend, who was killed in 2006.
The King of the South, who recently released the B.o.B-assisted track “We Don’t Get Down Like Ya’ll,” is looking forward to coming home in September after serving 11 months behind bars. “I love y’all and I’ll see you in September,” he added, while also acknowledging individual fans and celebrities including Drake, J. Cole, Nelly, and Nipsey Hussle.
Read the full letter and shout-outs below.

What up world? I appreciate the continued love and support that everyone has been giving me. This chapter in my story will soon be coming to an end and I will be back in the flesh with you sooner than later. In the meantime I want to give a special shout out to a few particular individuals that have been sending me letters, cards, comments, tweets and just overall holding me down. A little loyalty goes a long way with me…I don’t do fake shit shawty. So I can’t thank y’all enough for keeping it 1 thousand and as soon as I’m able I WILL RETURN THE FAVOR!!! And that’s on PHIL!!! I love y’all and I’ll see you in September.
- KING
SHOUT OUTS:
OMG Girlz, Tameka, Pretty Hustle, Angie Martinez, DJ Enuff, DJ Infamous, Drake, J.Cole, Nipsy Hustle, Nelly, B.o.B, Killa Mike, Lil Book, Donnis, Rich Kid Shawty, Amare Stoudemire, DJ Drama, MLK, Greg Street, Maino, Mouse and Hustle Hard (Welcome Home 80!!!!). Also would like to shout out…
Deidra Collins / Memphis, TN, Kyrstal Greenwood / Gaithersburg, MD, Trevor Toodle / NC, Christopher Chizer / Houston, TX, Renee Mathews / Clinton, MD, Ronnie P / St. Louis, MO, SimoniaMeChelle / Memphis, TN, Justin Allen Garcia from the Phillipines, Ashley Smith / Birmingham, AL, Brunette /Jackson, MS, @lilmariahc, @bash_ti, @1stlaydi, @the_blueprint4, @jmuse821, @jstablishgohard, and @ladyflirty!

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;BiueK4736m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiueK4736m0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;3P4FxYIYRyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P4FxYIYRyA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
50 Cent Calls Kelly Rowland 'The Most Underrated Female'

'There wasn't no dance moves Beyoncé was doin' that Kelly wasn't doin',' 50 tells MTV News of Destiny's Child songstress.

50 Cent loves music, but like everyone, he has tailored tastes.
While on the set of Tony Yayo's video for "Haters" in Atlanta last week, 50 ran through some of his favorite songs of the moment with MTV News. In addition to Big Sean's "My Last" and Frank Ocean's "Novacane," Fif is waving the flag for former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland, counting her hit record "Motivation" as one of his faves.

"I'm so happy Kelly got that hit record. She's due; she's so due. She's the most underrated female soloist in the game, and it's finally time for her," 50 told MTV News.
The G-Unit General pointed to Rowland's international appeal. "Commander" with David Guetta was a huge hit in the U.K. but not necessarily in the United States. It was her buzz overseas that made Fif cast Kelly as his co-star in the lead video from his 2009 album Before I Self Destruct. "That's why when it came time to do 'Baby by Me,' I wanted her to be in the video, because she was smoking hot everywhere else my record had to be hot at," he said. "They thought I was doin' her a favor because here in the U.S., they wasn't hip."

Still, throughout most of her career, Kelly Rowland has played second fiddle to her Destiny's Child partner and group lead Beyoncé, a notion Fif doesn't agree with. "There wasn't no dance moves Beyoncé was doin' that Kelly wasn't doin'. It's just the right song. You got the song, now you can forget about it. It's going. They all did the same moves."
It's not just Kelly's talent Fif has his eye on; he also compared Kelly's and B's respective looks. "It's your preference. If you look and say one is prettier than the other, I beg to differ it's just what you think is pretty.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Status
Not open for further replies.