Ranking AEW's Women's Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
View attachment 34380

logic for A+ : britt and jades character and promo work puts them above very good even if both are less good in the ring. personal opinion of course.
The rest:
Julia Hart - improving
Kiera Hogan - improving
Leila Grey - needs improvement
Marina Shafir - needs improvement
Skye Blue -improving

Reactions: Death By Looch

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
  • Haha
Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
High Tier
Jamie Hayter
Hikaru Shida
Serena Deeb
Willow Nightingale

Mid Tier
Toni Storm
Kris Statlander
Athena
Nyla Rose
Emi Sakura

Low Tier
Tay Melo
Britt Baker
The Bunny
Anna Jay
Red Velvet
Penelope Ford
Thunder Rosa
Mercedes Martinez
Ruby Soho
Marina Shafir

No Real Opinion
Jade Cargill
Saraya
Julia Hart
Kiera Hogan
Leila Grey

S.I.T.M.
Skye Blue

Hate
Madison Rayne

LOL
Abadon

Why is she a thing?
Rebel

(Let the comments flow)

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Reactions: Alexa

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I guess I’ll be fine with that. :krillin2 no idea if the higher in the tier they are the more you rank them, but I believe so, which means Toni would be 5th, which isn’t bad.

Someone also remind me to do this tomorrow

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
High Tier
Jamie Hayter
Hikaru Shida
Serena Deeb
Willow Nightingale

Mid Tier
Toni Storm
Kris Statlander
Athena
Nyla Rose
Emi Sakura

Low Tier
Tay Melo
Britt Baker
The Bunny
Anna Jay
Red Velvet
Penelope Ford
Thunder Rosa
Mercedes Martinez
Ruby Soho
Marina Shafir

No Real Opinion
Jade Cargill
Saraya
Julia Hart
Kiera Hogan
Leila Grey

S.I.T.M.
Skye Blue

Hate
Madison Rayne

LOL
Abadon

Why is she a thing?
Rebel

(Let the comments flow)
Dont agree w all of it but its pretty fair.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I guess I’ll be fine with that. :krillin2 no idea if the higher in the tier they are the more you rank them, but I believe so, which means Toni would be 5th, which isn’t bad.

Someone also remind me to do this tomorrow
Nah, just happens to be how I wrote them, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
Yeah sure I'll have a go:

Top star, don't @ me
Abadon

Alright that's it I'm out, catch y'all on the flipside.

K, fine. Real list here, based on what I feel is their in-ring and mic skills and whatnot.

Full packages, the women who should be core parts of the division with no real explanation
Jamie Hayter
Hikaru Shida

A step below, missing something but good to fill a main event out
Athena - Great wrestler, seems to lack charisma unfortunately. Still, if she keeps up this 'I'm going to kill this dark talent and you can't stop me' thing I can see it catching on.
Emi Sakura - Probably one of the best wrestlers to be regulated to Dark. Could fill in for a main event feud here and there.
Kris Statlander - Never forget that time she told an orphan they deserved to have their parents ditch them, the absolute legend. Can wrestle, can talk, great gimmick even if I dislike how she's toned down the alien part. If she can stay injury free, sky's the limit.
Nyla Rose - At this point her team with Vickie Guerrero is doing more harm than good. At least she gave us a good facet of a story with her stealing the TBS title from Jade.
Penelope Ford - Ford is good and doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses, but at the same time there's something missing.
The Bunny - See above.
Riho - It's honestly been so long since she's been in AEW that I'm not sure how she'd fit.
Serena Deeb - Great in-ring, not so much on the mic. She's everything they're looking for in Marina. Give her a manager to speak for her and she'll be good.
Toni Storm - She seems perfectly fine, but at the same time she seems to be missing some kind of key ingredient to properly put her in the above level, and truthfully I'm not sure what it is.
Willow Nightingale - Breakout star, ahoy! Definitely has what it takes to move up to the next level.

Solid, good but not great
Britt Baker - I never really got onto the Britt hype train and while she did fine, I don't feel as though she set the world on fire. Got good charisma, in-ring not so much, but I can forgive that. I know we expect her to turn on Jamie Hayter but her full-on supporting her heavy in an inversion of the MJF/Wardlow breakup feels refreshing.
Diamante - Poor Diamante, stuck on Dark for like three years straight. She seems fine.
Keira Hogan - She's fine. No real thoughts.
Leyla Hirsch - It's a damn shame she got injured right as she was picking up steam, because she definitely showed signs of something great during her feud with Statlander.
Madison Rayne - Eh.
Mercedes Martinez - Happy she got some spotlight at this part of her career, but she seems like she's at the appropriate level right now.
Red Velvet - I'm happy that someone from the pandemic dark era made it to a contracted level (now get KiLynn King on dial) and she's been solid enough to fill out a show.
Ruby Soho - She's good but perhaps not as great as I once hoped. Still, she's got a connection with the crowd on her side, which'll enable her to rise above her status every so often.
Saraya - Given the level of ring rust, she's performed better than expected. I think, honestly, pairing her with Deeb as veteran hands after recognition would be a good suggestion - Saraya can talk while Deeb can wrestle, as long as she reigns in some of the more odd lines on the mic.
Thunder Rosa - I think she was injured for the better part of her title run and tried to wrestle through it, but all that did was sour people on her and made us forget why we were so hyped for her in the first place, giving her a mixed standing in this weird-ass ranking that I'm not putting enough order into.
Yuka Sakazaki - AYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Needs work but got potential
Abadon - Probably a biased fanboy here, I'll acknowledge that, but I think they excel at character work, and have improved their in-ring abilities since debuting. Give them more time and they could grow into a solid presence. Or throw the TBS belt on them, why not.
AQA - I'm giving her a shout here because before she seems to have thrown in the towel, she seemed to have a unique talent set for the division and could've grown into something great.
Jade - I think the cracks are starting to show, for lack of a better term, and while her TBS title run has been fine enough, insofar, it's starting to wear out. No idea how she'll go without the TBS/undefeated push, she's several rungs below the main event level in terms of ring work yet too protected to dabble in the Dark/Midcard area.
Julia Hart - She's an absolute genius since she saw the Varsity Blondes drowning and climbed on board with the S.S. House of Black instead. While I think she still has a way to go with her in-ring skills, she's been a great asset on the mic for House of Black. Keep developing and she could break out one day.
Skye Blue - Fairly good, all things considered, and seems to have a similar-but-not-quite-stated connection with the audience like Willow Nightingale does. That being said, a LOT of room to improve, but she's got time on her side.
Tay Melo - Tay has sadly regressed, it seems. This time last year she put in a hell of a Street Fight with Anna Jay, Penelope Ford, & The Bunny, and it looked like she would have a promising year. Since her pairing with Sammy Guevara became canon, that seems to have been forgotten. Hopefully this feud with Ruby Soho & Willow Nightingale will lead to another Street Fight and she can pick up where she left off.
Anna J.A.S - See above. Slightly better on the mic than Tay, but that's not really saying much.

Terrible
Marina Shafir - The only good thing about Marina was her violin music and now that's been overdubbed with a lame rap track.

The others
Paige VanZant - I forgot she existed, and since I have actively taken enough narcotics to block out the entire ATT/MOTY/Sammy Guevara story from my memory, I have no idea what she can do.
Leila Grey - ... I know she exists, I know she's had a few matches in AEW here and there but I'll be damned if I can remember a single thing about her.
Rebel - ... she's good at following Britt around I guess.

So, in summary, put any combination of the top two levels in a match together and it'll probably be a banger. Pair someone in the middle level with someone in the higher levels and it'll be good enough. Everyone in the lower levels still needs work but can likely deliver something serviceable if given the right partner.

In terms of my actual favorites, the ones I'll happily stop what I'm doing to watch them on Dark or such regardless of talent or place on the card, here's a top ten, so this long-ass post has some resemblance of rankings.
1. Abadon
2. Willow Nightingale
3. Kris Statlander
4. Jamie Hayter
5. Hikaru Shida
6. Skye Blue
7. Nyla Rose
8. Athena
9. Toni Storm
10. Penelope Ford/The Bunny - I'm lumping them together and you can't stop me.

anyway I'm going back to CB4 catch y'all on the flipside.

Reactions: Chris

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
It's really interesting how this Sammy relationship has tanked people's opinion on Tay. It's probably because she mostly now appears as an auxiliary to him

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
It's really interesting how this Sammy relationship has tanked people's opinion on Tay. It's probably because she mostly now appears as an auxiliary to him
To be fair, if she wasnt with Sammy my opinion wouldnt change

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Yeah, her with Sammy isn't why I have her ranked higher. I'm a fan of Tay, I think her in-ring work is kind of comparable to Britt's and she definitely doesn't have as strong promo skills as Britt.