Randy Savage Declined WWE’s Hall of Fame Invitations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
wrestling-edge.com said:
Legendary wrestling broadcaster “Mean†Gene Okerlund joined Inside The Ropes this past Thursday and divulged that the late Randy Savage declined WWE’s multiple invitations to join their Hall of Fame.

When asked why the “Macho Man†isn’t in the Hall, he responded, “Are you telling me that the WWE hadn’t made an overture to Randy about being in the Hall of Fame? That’s BS. They asked him many times and he declined. For whatever reason, that’s what I’m still trying to figure out.â€

Okerlund also gave his thoughts on Savage’s rival Ultimate Warrior.

“He did have a look, that’s about as far as it goes. He couldn’t talk, he sure as hell couldn’t work in the ring, that was very marginal. I think one of the worst matches I’ve seen in my life was between Warrior and Papa Shango. What a disaster of monumental proportions,†he said.

Okerlund also explained how WWE’s pay-per-view frequency has changed the promotion.

“I personally think we have way too many pay-per-views,†he says. “I don’t think we get the chance to adequately develop the storylines with the guys and gals between pay per views. I’d like to see us down to about eight pay per views a year.â€
So all this time we thought Vince never wanted to invite him but come to find out he just didn't want to get inducted. Guess that means it'll never happen in that case since I'm sure his family won't allow it since Savage didn't want it while he was alive.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hey, someone agrees with me on Ultimate Warrior!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well I can't blame Okerlund for not liking more PPVs unlike most people. I remember when he would do PPV updates for months for WWE, I'm sure he wish he was still doing that.

I don't know about the Savage stuff but it's nice to have another side to it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wasn't the story that Randy Savage was offered the spot in the HOF but he would only do it if his entire family was inducted as well and so WWE said no thankyou.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm with Troy, I read the same thing somewhere else also. Might have been here actually.

I agree with the PPV's thing. Way too many. So many in fact, that storylines often get dropped and they become predictable. Boring.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think eight PPVs a year would be the perfect number, and probably would do better for buyrates as well. Last year when they did 3 PPVs in the span of 6 weeks, Vengeance had the 2nd lowest buyrate in history, despite being a decent to good PPV.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hey, someone agrees with me on Ultimate Warrior!
lol wat

Find me someone that can actually defend Warrior's value and you have a good discussion. Warrior hate is rampant throughout the IWC.

Nothing much to be said about Savage though. If his family is honoring his wishes to not be inducted, then that's it. We can finally close the case on that discussion.

We can all get up in arms about it again later when WWE decides to induct him anyways, which is very possible.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You mean the guy who got his brother on the WCW payrole without having one match and his dad in their HOF without ever wrestling for them, wanted to do the same thing for WWE's HOF?

Jesus No matter how important Macho Man was, there is no excuse for bending over like that, shit even Rocks family tree induction holds more validity than the Poffo's. Atleast they did shit.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So all this time we thought Vince never wanted to invite him but come to find out he just didn't want to get inducted. Guess that means it'll never happen in that case since I'm sure his family won't allow it since Savage didn't want it while he was alive.

I always thought it was that vince wouldn't take the whole family.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Wasn't the story that Randy Savage was offered the spot in the HOF but he would only do it if his entire family was inducted as well and so WWE said no thankyou.

You would be correct

[video=youtube;5Clb5OiNSSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5Clb5OiNSSA[/video]

Deuce

Reaction score
I'm actually quite suprised Savage didn't accept WWE's offer to make him a Hall of Famer but I guess the man loves his family too much to be inducted with all of them.

Okerlund is 100% correct on the Warrior, I used to like the guy and thought he was a LEGEND in the business, then I opened my eyes to reality and noticed how unbelievably terrible the guy was in the WWE, makes me feel stupid just thinking that once upon a time, I thought he was one of the greats, makes me want to puke. His only good match that still wasn't very good was his match against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VII.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm actually quite suprised Savage didn't accept WWE's offer to make him a Hall of Famer but I guess the man loves his family too much to be inducted with all of them.

Okerlund is 100% correct on the Warrior, I used to like the guy and thought he was a LEGEND in the business, then I opened my eyes to reality and noticed how unbelievably terrible the guy was in the WWE, makes me feel stupid just thinking that once upon a time, I thought he was one of the greats, makes me want to puke. His only good match that still wasn't very good was his match against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VII.

His match with Savage of all people at 8 was very solid as well.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I was bout to say that... his retirement match against Savage had to be his best performance ever. Cause Savage demanded perfection in his matches. Being able to get a good match out of Warrior should mean he should get anything he wants :p