Randy Orton's concussion is legit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captive8

Reaction score
The Build Up for the Main Event Matches At WM

I think has been awful. The Shawn Michaels and John Cena friends-foes crap has been beyond lame. Both of these guys have enough mic skills to push each others buttons and cut some good promos and really push the match. What we have gotten instead, is seemingly no promos and a bunch of teasing, which hasnt really been a tease at all. The Batista and Undertaker build up from what I have read in results and have seen, has been stupid as well. Whats interesting is the best build up at WM is the Billionairs Match. I know Vince is pushing this match in order to get media attention and get more PPV buys, but come on. Is it me or does Vince have to be at the center of the biggest storyline alot of times?

Drop your comments on the build up and hype going into WM.

Reaction score
I wished WWE wouldnt of build up the billionaires match as much as they did because its gunna be a boring match unless Austin get involves and opens up a can of whoop ass.

Kaedon

Reaction score
From what you have read, wow sounds like someone did their homework.

I think the build up has been just fine and I think Batista/Taker has an actual "big match" feel. Something that hasnt been around since the days of Hogan.

xtremebadass

Well the Cena HBK build up is decent, it's going to be an HBK classic, the Batista Taker match just has the huge match feel, it's like 2 giants, the buildup for that is pretty bad, but I feel it didn't need buildup, Taker matches don't need it.

Battle of the Billionaires took up all the freakin' glory, damn glory hogs

Great One

I agree, it just feels like the main event WM feuds are rushed nowadays. This years and last years feuds, especially Cena's, just felt like they were just thrown together even though those 2 guys had no history with Cena whatsoever. Now the WM 21 main event was perfectly built over a duration of 2 years, so I loved it and I think that's what the WWE needs to start doing again is build up matches for WM long in advance, I actually think this is the one of those big reasons that should go in the thread of how the WWE is so 'watered down' now, they need to build up feuds in advance like they use to for WM, instead of just throwing in big names with another big name and rushing a feud to make it to WM. Batista/'Taker is a HUGE match, but it could of been one of biggest matches ever if it had a better build to it.

CenaMark54

Its funny that Orton/Edge had some pretty damn good buildup but they are wasting them in the MITB.

The MITB sells itself and needs very little buildup. They didnt need to include Orton and Edge to draw interest for MITB. The WWE is wasting Orton vs Edge when it could have been match of the night.

I don't think HBK is the right opponent for Cena. Cena needs to go up against a bad ass heel who is willing to cheat and do anything to beat his ass. The friends/foes angle has bored me to death. Sweet Chin Music on Cena yesterday was too little too late in my opinion.

As for the Taker Batista matchup, taking turns throwing people into the other isn't exactly buildup worthy of WM.

BOTB has been built up way too much. No one cared about Lashley, Umaga, Trump, or Vince no matter how hard they try.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I like how they build up the HBK/Cena match even though Cena is going to blow it at WM because he cant wrestle. I'm not sure about Batista/Taker buildup because I havent watched SD in two weeks. I like the MITB Buildup with Randy and Edge. I see Orton trading on Edge with a RKO with Kennedy grapping the case.

circle

Reaction score
The taker/batista feud has been good with lots of build up

The HBK/Cena feud speaks for itself. HBK on the screen with Cena with the short time they have gets the point across that this will be a "great" match.

The billionaires...uhm which celebs will be at wm23 b/c all there is left to do is the actual match

Kaedon

Reaction score
Why isnt this guy here to defend what he has to say? Is he just starting trouble?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

Randy Orton suffered a legitimate concussion at WWE's Smackdown house show from Madrid, Spain on Sunday. The injury occurred during the triple-threat main event match for the World Heavyweight title against Christian and Sheamus.

Orton was asked on Twitter why he didn't wrestle on RAW, to which he responded:

"because I was knocked out in Spain. U can't wrestle, or should i say, perform, the day after a concussion."

In case Orton is not medically cleared to wrestle Christian at Sunday's Capitol Punishment pay-per-view, the concussion angle WWE ran on RAW will be the explanation.

In the event that a WWE performer suffers a concussion, WWE's Wellness policy requires that hey must pass an Impact Concussion Test.
That would really suck if he couldn't wrestle at the PPV. Don't really know how they would be able to book around that to still have a world title match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So what confuses me even more is that if there's a real possibility of Orton being out of the match, why in the hell would they do what they did to Sheamus on the upcoming SmackDown?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
This brings up an interesting topic.

I'm sure WWE's decision to make Randy Orton the top guy on Smackdown didn't exactly sit well with a lot of the IWC (especially since it came at the expense of Christian). But in putting all their eggs in the Orton basket, they've dug themselves into a hole and a major problem has emerged: There are no other credible babyfaces on Smackdown.

This is going to become an issue if any of the following three happens:

1. The audience gets tired of Randy in the spotlight (hell even Edge got stale and he has twice the charisma plus a more human and relatable character)
2. The fallback babyface option (or "Plan B") is, for whatever reason, taken out of the picture (in this, Christian turning heel)
3. Randy himself, for whatever reason, is taken out of the picture and there's no one else to take over his role (and considering how injury-prone Randy is, this was almost bound to happen).

If Randy is unreliable as the top babyface, who's going to take over? Sin Cara? Daniel Bryan? I love them both, but they sure as hell aren't ready for that yet. I guess they could draft someone over from Raw but the only person who comes to mind in that case is... *sigh* Rey Mysterio.

I guess there's also Big Show, but i'd hope that WWE has learnt by now that putting Big Show in a show's main fued almost never goes well.

I'm kind of all over the place right now but in short, this injury (minor or otherwise) should hopefully wake WWE up and realise that Randy, no matter how much the kids love him, is too unreliable to carry Smackdown, and hopefully this leads to some mid-carders being built up to main event caliber over the next few months.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Hopefully he can't wrestle and then they hand the world title over to Christian, but I expect he'll be up and running in time to get his weekly burial in.