Randy Orton=New WWE champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

XB, you'll have to live with Kane vs CM Punk and Cena vs Big Show, lol.

Anyways, I actually see HHH taking a longer break than expected and not returning until the beginning of the build up for Summerslam, in which he'll target Batista as a face, only to have then Batista and Orton reveal they were in cahoots all the time, setting Tista as the heel for their match at Summerslam (I called it right when Batista came back BTW).

BlackVenom

Reaction score
Orton won in the correct fashion...Triple H jobbed to him finally.

They made Legacy look strong tonight, which was a good thing.

As for the fans..they weren't completely dead. They DID mark out for Orton's win. Hell they even sung off Triple H...(even though we're supposed to be concerned about him)

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Yay

Orton vs. Batista
Orton vs. Cena
Orton vs. CM Punk
Orton vs. HBK

With two extra little Ortons.

I need something new. I'd be willing for HBK/RKO again. Everything else can fuck off. Punk cashing in on Orton seems inevitable.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
YES..It's about time....the last minute or so of that match was awesome. Once Rhodes nailed Shane with the chair it started to get pretty wild. Although the bell ringing on the RKO was a little confusing, the punt more than made up for it. This type of finish might have went over pretty well at WM. Anyway, yes this was awesome. Hell, Orton got to put HHH on the shelf too.

As for the future, Rhodes and Dibiase will win the tag titles pretty soon (Judgment Day?) and Orton will fight Batista, but with the Legacy as his ace in the hole....he won't be losing the title for awhile.

One last note, was I the only who thought the crowd was behind Orton for most of the match?

PeepShow

Yay

Orton vs. Batista
Orton vs. Cena
Orton vs. CM Punk
Orton vs. HBK

With two extra little Ortons.

I need something new. I'd be willing for HBK/RKO again. Everything else can fuck off. Punk cashing in on Orton seems inevitable.

More like Edge.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I say Orton should suddenly shift to a face since all the fans are cheering for him, so the internet community can suddenly turn on him and hate him for being a face. :).

But anyways, Expect Orton Vs. Tista, Orton Vs. HBK and Orton Vs. Cena before Triple H makes a return and beats Orton AGAIN near the end of the year. But hey, at least it will be a long reign. Can't say so much for Edge. lol. Punks gonna cash that in for sure at Judgement Day.

The Rated R CMStar

Nah, for Edge, they are going to cover the lack of face with finishing Edge vs Hardy and giving us a ton of multiman matches with Y2J involved. Hell, they might as well have Rey Rey challenge him. They shouldn't have drafted MVP away.

As for Orton, I don't see anyone else as for now than Batista. It seems obvious.

Arslaan

Reaction score
I should think that Punk would cash in against Edge whereas Batista will feud with Orton.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind seeing the great khali vs orton i think it could be a good storyline..ex) khali single handling taking out legacy with the grip or double arm chokeslams!

LKP

Yesssssssssssss Let the reign/Age of Orton resume once again. Anyone else notice when Orton came out he had green pants then when he came back out half way through match he was wearing blue? I hope he didn't wet or shit his pants cause he knew he was winning the title lol.

kingovkings

Reaction score
They started off hot but when Orton when to the back they soon died down, Even Tista and Trips didnt get the crowd pumping. It was only when Orton returned did the crowd wake up and go nuts. Pretty mad that the one to get the crowd Hot was The heel LMAO.

noumenon

About damn time. It almost seems like last night was just a fix for what they should have done at Mania.
I just hope they don't play it off as if the punt barely phased HHH and he returns 2 weeks later to seek vengeance.

straight_edge76

I think Orton got the most pops of any Heel in the last few years at Backlash haha.

I think that he will likely feud with Batista and then Cena, when HHH returns he will then likely get back into it with RKO....fuck. I would like to see a Orton/Big SHow feud though.