Randy Orton: 'I Wouldn't Say I'm WWE For Life'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
Flair went there because he has 4/5 ex wifes that he needs to pay maintenance to,

That and (IIRC) he was itching to get back into the ring anyway back then.

Anyway. While there's been (and perhaps there still are) "WWE for life" wrestlers, I never really thought of Orton as being a "company loyal" type guy anyway (even before he said this).

Despite that I don't really see him going anywhere else though or at least not for a long while. He's got things pretty good right where he is. While some guys who really don't have too much to lose, being frustrated with their position and/or don't have a lot of job security have found the move to somewhere like TNA to be a viable choice, I really wouldn't see that being the case with Orton.

That could possibly change I guess if he decides he wants a lighter schedule much further down the line and is ok with possibly rubbing WWE the wrong way, but then in that instance he could just opt to take an extended break, OR given how WWE hasn't been a little more lenient when it comes to handing out part time schdules, by that time they may just grant Orton that when the time comes anyway.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That and (IIRC) he was itching to get back into the ring anyway back then.

Anyway. While there's been (and perhaps there still are) "WWE for life" wrestlers, I never really thought of Orton as being a "company loyal" type guy anyway (even before he said this).

Despite that I don't really see him going anywhere else though or at least not for a long while. He's got things pretty good right where he is. While some guys who really don't have too much to lose, being frustrated with their position and/or don't have a lot of job security have found the move to somewhere like TNA to be a viable choice, I really wouldn't see that being the case with Orton.

That could possibly change I guess if he decides he wants a lighter schedule much further down the line and is ok with possibly rubbing WWE the wrong way, but then in that instance he could just opt to take an extended break, OR given how WWE hasn't been a little more lenient when it comes to handing out part time schdules, by that time they may just grant Orton that when the time comes anyway.

I think you are right about Flair wanting to keep wrestling but he knew he couldn't do it any longer in WWE after that WM sendoff. But if I remember correctly WWE offered him a deal worth about $250k per year as a company spokesman. He could have done that plus worked some indy shows that WWE would have signed off on if he was that desperate to wrestle again. I think it would have come down to money in the end.

With Orton if he wants a lighter schedule and WWE doesn't give it to him all he has to do is fail another Wellness Policy test and he will get a year off. Then they will surely sign him back up after his time expires to prevent him going to TNA, not that I think he would, and he would be back on two strikes again.