Randy Orton *Contains Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Orton got hurt infront of troops? Was he the heel?

Anyways, the guy is fine where he is, he is still one of the biggest stars in that company, so it is a big loss for them. Nobody in the audience are complaining when he wins. And that is pretty much all the WWE needs to justify what they do with Orton.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Seems like the guy can't win with some of you.

I don't know if you've paid attention the last couple of years but Orton's been on jobber to the stars duty. If it wasn't for him, guys like Christian would be in a dead end tag team exclusive to Superstars.

Guy is a star maker, pure and simple, studs like him who are great in the ring, mega popular and willing to put guys over don't come around often.

Yes, Randy has stepped away from the navigations array for a while to spend time down in the core working the mid-card nodes.

Its not that he's no longer over that 'were concerned about or something, just that he's stale. He is EXACTLY the same Randy Orton he was when he was still the champ about to fued with Christian, and even then I remember thinking Randy was just as stale. When I see Randy come on screen, its like I know I'm not going to get anything I haven't seen before. I don't care about who he puts over because I have no reason to care about anything he does in the first place.

Despite that, however, he's definately still over. And for as long as people keep going bonkers whenever he RKO's something, he's going to stay the same. Orton could jump right back into the title picture tomorrow (well, injury not withstanding and shit) but I really don't want to see the same Randy with the same title reign.

I mean, a lot would probably argue that Cena is the stalest of all, but at least they keep things interesting for him to keep us hooked. Like, goofy out of place love triangles, occassionally having him almost lose control and destroy someone, and most importantly, takes a clean lose every now and then. Cena isn't exactly unpredictable, but he is moreso than Orton.

They're doing it right with Cena. Not with Orton so much. Dale said earlier to blame the writers, but how much can you do with a narrow-minded man-viper who's so overpowered they may as well start callng him WWE's Dark Knight.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dale said earlier to blame the writers, but how much can you do with a narrow-minded man-viper who's so overpowered they may as well start callng him WWE's Dark Knight.
Because the guy desperately wants to be a heel again where he's at his most comfortable and shines. That's not his fault, that's everybody else's fault above him restricting him.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'd actually wouldn't mind a return of the same heel Randy that fueded with Triple H a few years ago, because at least we have a whole batch of new people for who haven't encountered the "evil" side of Orton. Its just that that was the last time I think I was interested in anything Orton has done (I did enjoy his matches with Christian and Barrett though). And I agree he generally shines more as a heel.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Of course Orton works better as a heel, he only got over in the first place being a heel in Evolution. It's pretty much the biggest "no shit" statement you could make about the guy. And after his first push as a face afterwards failed, I seriously couldn't give you an answer as to why WWE has tried it again and again and again. It's Blue. It's almost like WWE just trying to stick it to the fans when they start liking him as a heel, like "FUCK YOU he's a good guy now so cheer him so it helps us!" That's so idiotic. Could you imagine WWE selling out with Ted DiBiase and turning him face just because people weren't crazy about Virgil? Fuck that. WWE needs to stop trying to call audibles and control everything and run with what works. It's the same reason Steve Austin's heel turn flopped. You can't just pull random swerves with everyone on the roster.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
. Nobody in the audience are complaining when he wins. And that is pretty much all the WWE needs to justify what they do with Orton.

Except me. :ace:

But yes, I'm a minority. I know the WWE has to keep casual marks and little kiddies happy by having Orton win on Smackdown nearly every week with a clean pin.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He was pretty rotten as a heel last time out.

Those horrible, robotic promos and shitty matches vs Trips, you really want a return to those days? Be careful what you wish for......remember when Cena got over in 2005 and everyone wanted a face turn, lol. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I'm suprised he didn't go ballistic on Ziggler I could so see Anderson saying something on Twitter pretty soon being so bitter and all.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He was pretty rotten as a heel last time out.

Those horrible, robotic promos and shitty matches vs Trips, you really want a return to those days? Be careful what you wish for......remember when Cena got over in 2005 and everyone wanted a face turn, lol. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I remember his Legacy run and totally hated it, so what he kicked people in the head? It was beyond boring watching his Age Of Orton reign and it was the one mainevent at WM actually that put me to sleep.

I am a fan of his work these days, no longer does he have to try blurt out long monotone promos that put a sleeperhold on the audience or do I have to watch him use a thousand chinlocks in matches anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
As we reported in the PWInsider.com Elite section, we have confirmed that Randy Orton suffered a shoulder dislocation during the Tribute to the Troops taping last week.

We had initially heard and reported a wrist injury, but confirmed yesterday it was actually a shoulder dislocation.
WWE wrote the dislocation into their storylines with last night's Smackdown broadcast.

How long does a shoulder dislocation normally keep someone out? Surely he will be fine for the Rumble in over a month. Pretty bad way to end the year but at least WWE used the situation to help give a new group another scalp.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Seems like the guy can't win with some of you.

I don't know if you've paid attention the last couple of years but Orton's been on jobber to the stars duty. If it wasn't for him, guys like Christian would be in a dead end tag team exclusive to Superstars.

Guy is a star maker, pure and simple, studs like him who are great in the ring, mega popular and willing to put guys over don't come around often.

Because the one sided feud really got Christian over...