Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Just got done watching Aries/Lynn from Full Circle, and I have to admit that Austin's new gimmick/character is flat-out awesome! I have not been as entertained by Aries in a long time.

Hell, see for yourselves!

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=W8K6A0G5

Montana

Agree'd Aries seems to fit that role very nicely. He's pretty entertaining, however did anyone else notice how much he played to the crowd? I mean, I'm all for getting the crowd involved, but Aries (and most others from the show i was at) play to the crowd every second of every match. Just watching this match Aries took like 10 breaks to jaw with the crowd. Its entertaining stuff, but at the same time, when you are there live, its like wrestle already. I'd say that match was about 3 stars. I'd normally expect a little more out of those guys, but still a good match. But i don't agree with who won the match. Considering previous storylines.

Soulpower

It seems Supercard of Honor will take place in Houston on April 3rd. A couple of big matches have been announced.

KENTA vs Davey Richards for the GHC Junior Title has been announced, along with Roderick Strong vs Katsuhiko Nakajima.

Also. this... http://blip.tv/file/1875895

dark patriot

Reaction score
when Aries used the gimmick in NJ a couple months ago in a three way with Jacobs and Jay Briscoe he hardly didnt any wrestling the whole match. he has picked up the moves quite a bit since then. in regards to the playing to the crowd i know where you are coming from. the last Omega match i saw in person he seemed to stop and gesture to the crowd after almost every move.like was said it wasnt just one or two guys,a bunch did it.

Qwake

Thanks SP.

Now here's a question for you guys: What do you all think of the new Embassy?

I think its good to have Prince Nana and Jimmy Rave back, I also know alot of people don't really like Bison Smith, I haven't really seen much of him so I cannot comment of Smith yet but do you think he suits being with Nana and Rave? Also, who else do you guys think could join the new Embassy if there were to be more members of it?

Soulpower

I don't mind Bison Smith being in the Embassy. His role will probably be similar to the one Abyss had back in the original Embassy. Basically, he'll be the enforcer/powerhouse guy that will take Nana's enemies out.

I still think they need someone else, though... Maybe add Claudio Castagnoli once he finishes up his feud with Albright.

Edit: Lol at this

[yt]POd94c6er80[/yt]

Montana

I like the idea of Rave and Bison as the enforcer role, however Ernie Osiris??? They have to use him in the Bobby Dempsey role or something. (like the caddy in happy gilmore) I wouldnt mind seeing Cluadio added, but i think Kenny King could really benefit with a big role in the new Embassy.

PeepShow

I don't mind Bison Smith being in the Embassy. His role will probably be similar to the one Abyss had back in the original Embassy. Basically, he'll be the enforcer/powerhouse guy that will take Nana's enemies out.

I still think they need someone else, though... Maybe add Claudio Castagnoli once he finishes up his feud with Albright.

[yt]POd94c6er80[/yt]

:lmao @ his drivers license pic.

Montana

Nigel Mcguiness vs. Jerry Lynn at Supercard of Honor 4.

Thoughts???

Kinda lame but oh well. I think its a good opponent if they have Nigel hold it til the PPV.

Qwake

^ That really sucks imo, I am not a huge fan of Jerry Lynn, I don't know why but I just can't get into him as I get into other wrestlers. Also sucks because Nigel is injured so he very well could end up becoming the new ROH Champ which would really suck, there are so much other guys that deserve to hold the title before a guy like Lynn. It could still be a decent match but I would rather see something else, Nigel Vs Cabana could have been much better.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

[yt]POd94c6er80[/yt]

omg, I love you. I was searching for that last night and couldn't find it.

PeepShow

K, I'm really trying hard to get into ROH here lately. I've watched their latest show on HDnet, I've watched a couple old shows to try and get into it, and even bought a t-shirt off of their website (because it just owns). But my question is, how can I keep up with the product? Seems like there's just too much to keep an eye on. Am I just supposed to read the newswires and watch the videowires? Or what?

Soulpower

^^^That's pretty much it. You could also, you know.. BUY THE SHOWS!

By the way, if you want the most recent ROH show to have been released (Motor City Madness), just let me know.