Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Aries new look looks kinda ... gay. I don't like it at all, tbh. Used to look a lot more manly. Now he looks like quite the pussy.

Beer Money Army

Oh that Austin aries look is going be marketable for ROH :shifty:

but why are roh still using Jerry Lynn :smh....

that guy just doesn't draw..

Montana

My question is WHY is ROH trying to use the wrestler to help promote ROH. I think its great ROH got in the movie, but why post it on posters for upcoming shows. I just don't see the point of adding it to the posters.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I don't know why The Wrestler is being used to promote ROH. Normally, ROH isn't anything like what it was in the movie, and there's nobody that it will appeal to with their promoting. But it could be backwards, with ROH trying to get their fans to watch the Wrestler, with it being featured on ads.

And Aries looks lame. I'd rather see him as he normally is, he's naturally a heel, IMO.

Beer Money Army

My question is WHY is ROH trying to use the wrestler to help promote ROH. I think its great ROH got in the movie, but why post it on posters for upcoming shows. I just don't see the point of adding it to the posters.

maybe mickey rouke is gonna defeat Nigel for ROH Championship???

Soulpower

A bit of bad news heading into the 1st ROH TV tapings.

It seems that neither Davey Richards or Roderick Strong will be a part of the taping. It was announced a couple of days ago that both men would wrestle for NOAH in their upcoming Second Navigation Tour.

The first two tapings for ROH are on February 28th and March 1st (There's a NOAH show on the 26th and one on the 1st of March). My guess is they'll add some video packages for both men.

Montana

I don't think Strong/Richards is that huge of a loss for ROH, in their debut. I believe its a one hour show, and it would be near impossible to feature the whole roster. The question is, how much episodes would be taped were show. I would think they could use a taped Strong/Richards match if need be on TV. But i think as long as you have your key guys (Danielson, Lynn, Black, Nigel, Briscoes, Steenerico, Jacobs) thats the key. strong/Richards are kinda 2nd tier with Claudio/Hero/Albright. Although things could change.

What do you guys think about Val Venis in ROH?

Moonlight Drive

I always thought Val was a good worker, never got a decent enough shot though. I think he'll be a solid mid/lower carder for Ring of Honor and help put talent over, although I don't know if he'll ever get higher up in the card.

Soulpower

I don't think Strong/Richards is that huge of a loss for ROH, in their debut. I believe its a one hour show, and it would be near impossible to feature the whole roster.

I have to disagree on this. Davey has been winning a lot as of late, and he's involved with Sweeney (Who will probably get a lot of air time), so it would make sense to feature him. Strong is one of the longest tenured guys on the roster, which is why I would have liked to have him on the first show.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
What they're probably going to do is recap the recent big shows/angles in ROH, like Steel Cage Warfare, Florida Shows, and the month of December. Strong and richards will be featured that way, even without wrestling a match or having to cut a promo. or they can show the success of ROH by showing some clips or pics from NOAH, with Hero, Claudio, Richards, Strong and Edwards on tour recently.

Val Venis would be a good wrestler for ROH, but I don't think he'll draw anyone else in. He could be able to put some good matches together, but he should just keep what he was doing for the WWE, making others look good, but not in a complete squash.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I see absolutely no use for Val in ROH. I just can't see him adding anything to the product.

Beer Money Army

If Bj whitmer was in ROH still..

Pair him and venis up as The Whitmer Twin's...

but seriously no!!!.. i dont think d'lo would even be a draw for them...

Personally i wouldnt mind seeing more Danielson/Strong matches.. there matches were awesome in 05/06.. why not give one match a good in 2009 while both wrestlers skills have improved greatly...

Montana

I don't think Strong/Richards is that huge of a loss for ROH, in their debut. I believe its a one hour show, and it would be near impossible to feature the whole roster.

I have to disagree on this. Davey has been winning a lot as of late, and he's involved with Sweeney (Who will probably get a lot of air time), so it would make sense to feature him. Strong is one of the longest tenured guys on the roster, which is why I would have liked to have him on the first show.

Davey Richards lost at the last two shows, and when we was awarded a tag team title shot, the wolves haven't even won a match. Now I understand he was in the main event of those matches, however i think a Richards/SnS segment would be good enough. As mentioned earlier, they will likely show past highlights and such. Plus when that young KO kid returns, its back to the bottom of SnS. Well, not the bottom, but 2nd fiddle.

Montana

So is Davey Richards Retiring or what? He's main evented the last 3 shows. Was that rumor false, or did i miss something?