Rambo TV Series in Development

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Entertainment One has completed a co-development deal with Avi Lerner and Nu Image to develop and produce a TV series based on action film “Rambo.â€

Sylvester Stallone, who starred in the “Rambo†film franchise in the ’80s, is in negotiations to be involved with the “Rambo†TV skein on a creative level as well as potentially reprising his role as the original John Rambo. Stallone has remarked to the press repeatedly in recent years that he is interested in reviving the franchise and character.

“Rambo†films, based on David Morrell’s novel “First Blood,†center on a troubled Vietnam War vet and former Green Beret who is skilled in aspects of survival, weaponry, hand-to-hand combat and guerrilla warfare. Franchise launched four films over two and a half decades.

Full Article

I don't know how much promise this has with Stallone being up there in age, but I enjoyed the films, especially the most recent one, so I'll definitely give it a chance.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I just don't know what they expect to do with it I mean whats the story?

Not to mention the fact that it's based off of a book and RAMBO DIES IN THE FIRST MOVIE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wonder if this will have more success at making it to television than the Beverly Hills Cop tv series that was shopped around earlier this year.

Great series, didn't enjoy the third film but enjoyed the other three. Not really sure where they go with this with, they wrapped it up nicely with Rambo in 2008. Maybe they follow up with him returing home and living in the US again? Not sure where he can be used there as a mercenary though, stopping terrorist attacks?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Never really cared for the films and have always been more of an Arnie fan than Sly. Think this is one to avoid.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I always liked the movies. Odd to say, but the 4th was a little too graphic with the violence. This could work if they go for more drama rather than just over the top destruction.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Didn't Rambo already have a cartoon series in the 80s? I could swear I seen that, put on the red bandana and shit got real.

Not sure if this is a good idea, loved the 4th movie and thought the violence was neccessary, if you want to show hell, you be as realistic as possible. 50 cals blow the shit out of you, you ain't swiss chesse, you melted cheese.

A TV show isn't a good idea, the nostalgic ride of Arnie and Sly and the family isn't going to last much longer. The effect of the inside joke we are all in on isn't going to last long and what kind of show can you revolve around this guy? He will be looked at like that 'Nam vet on Duck Dynasty where he is pretty much a buffoon.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
*UPDATE*

Rambo could be coming to the small screen but if it does, it will be with a new face as its central star: Sylvester Stallone says he won't reprise his iconic role as John Rambo.

Independent studio Entertainment One on Wednesday announced that it had inked a pact with Avi Lerner's Nu Image to develop and co-produce a TV series based on the Rambo property. In a news release announcing the project, the companies noted that they were in negotiations with Stallone to be involved with the project "on a creative level" as well as to "potentially reprise his iconic role as the original Rambo." But a Stallone representative tells The Hollywood Reporter that no such reprisal is going to happen.

So without Stallone reprising the role, they could do a true reboot here.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So.....Ben Foster or Dominic Purcell as an Iraq war veteran dealing with PTSD as he tries to find work in this economic climate, having his benefits slashed by the government who are supposed to be supporting them and missing the guys he bonded with on tour?

On AMC?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Where is this going to take place? What time frame? I just hope they don't completely make it kid friendly.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So.....Ben Foster or Dominic Purcell as an Iraq war veteran dealing with PTSD as he tries to find work in this economic climate, having his benefits slashed by the government who are supposed to be supporting them and missing the guys he bonded with on tour?

On AMC?

Foster could be a good choice he does do intense really well and would take the character in a different direction. I still don't care though.

adlena

Reaction score
its really amazing, m eagerly waiting to watch this series

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good move not to have Sly reprise the role again, he was great in it but they wrapped up his story so well in the fourth film. This way it can be a complete reboot, might make it harder to get a tv deal though.