R-Truth...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
Rell said:
He's like the 2011 Randy Savage

Blasphemy!!!

TBH, I'm finding him too humorous for a heel... Aside from the beatdowns, he's coming off as a wacky, fun guy (in fact more-so than when he was a face!).

Will bear with him for a little longer, but that's my verdict so far...

1chiban

Reaction score
He is still a bit wacky. But I think that adds to the heel character - it's as if he's literally had some sort of mental breakdown.

Airfixx

Reaction score
He is still a bit wacky.

You miss my point... As a FACE he wasn't wacky and didn't crack any funnies. Yet with the character development of the last few weeks where he's made some genuinely amusing comments at the expense of established heels like Del Rio & Miz, I'm now meant to dislike him...?

Reaction score
So do people still think that a guy like Ziggler or McIntyre is a better talent than Killings? I see Truth leap frogging Del rio (who followed up a good ladder match showing where he out bumped Christian suprisingly, with a boring and bland showing in the Raw 3 way) to be the guy to do a summer program with Cena. It doesn't sound like much but the payoffs mean a lot more to a 40 year old vet like Truth than titles at this point. Plus a run on top is still a run on top. And I think Truth/cena would be more entertaining both inside and out of the ring than the alternatives.

Rell

Reaction score
You miss my point... As a FACE he wasn't wacky and didn't crack any funnies. Yet with the character development of the last few weeks where he's made some genuinely amusing comments at the expense of established heels like Del Rio & Miz, I'm now meant to dislike him...?

um, you're a "smart" internet fan, you aren't meant to do anything...

the little kiddies in the audience are supposed to dislike him, and judging from the reaction he's getting, I'd say they're doing just that.

1chiban

Reaction score
I don't have much to say except he's definitely doing a great job. The heel turn was only initially tainted by his terrible promo with Morrison at the beginning of his turning point match.

Quite possibly the worst start to a Raw I can remember. And that's including the era when Trips opened every week with a twenty minute promo burying someone.

1chiban

Reaction score

Pretty Ricky, anyone? :p

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ I know it wouldn't entirely work because it would impair what they're doing with him as a heel over on Raw, but I think it'd be kinda fun to see him simultaneously assume that character as a backstage presence over on SD..... They could eventually evolve him into the Funaki role from a while back.

um, you're a "smart" internet fan, you aren't meant to do anything...

the little kiddies in the audience are supposed to dislike him, and judging from the reaction he's getting, I'd say they're doing just that.

I'm NOT being a smark-ass here...

I was gonna say in my original post (but didn't becasue I thought my p.o.v. was clear enough), I was shocked that he wasn't getting pops, cos the HEELS (Del Rio, Miz & Riley) were getting the brunt of his insults/humour.

They may be writing the show for kids these days, but that's no excuse for incoherently defined characters (also see Cole). If anything you'd expect things to be even more black & white when it comes to who to cheer and who to boo.

It's all a bit Russo for my liking....

So do people still think that a guy like Ziggler or McIntyre is a better talent than Killings? I see Truth leap frogging Del rio (who followed up a good ladder match showing where he out bumped Christian suprisingly, with a boring and bland showing in the Raw 3 way) to be the guy to do a summer program with Cena. It doesn't sound like much but the payoffs mean a lot more to a 40 year old vet like Truth than titles at this point. Plus a run on top is still a run on top. And I think Truth/cena would be more entertaining both inside and out of the ring than the alternatives.

I dunno where you faith in Truth's in-ring skills comes from.... He's been HORRIBLE since he returned to WWE and personally I thought him vs JoMo in London on the night of his heel turn was no exception (although in all fairness JoMo was about as bad as I've seen him that night too.).

1chiban

Reaction score
^^^ I know it wouldn't entirely work because it would impair what they're doing with him as a heel over on Raw, but I think it'd be kinda fun to see him simultaneously assume that character as a backstage presence over on SD..... They could eventually evolve him into the Funaki role from a while back.

Even I would rate R-Truth more than Funaki

...god...

Reaction score
Btw, Rell, Truth reminds me more of a 2011 black Scott Steiner than he does Savage, loool. I seriously have the same reaction to them both, although Steiner is obviously far more epic.

1chiban

Reaction score
Truth needs to start talking about 135% chances of winning like Steiner. He'd be over like rover, then.