R-Truth...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
*Mind blown*

For years this guy has been one of my absolute most hated wrestlers, well...i'm not getting into it because the reasons were obvious why he sucked. >_> But anyway, ever since the gauntlet deal, he's gotten rid of that horrid "Spinny Punch" finish, turned heel, and cut one of the best heel promos i've seen on WWETV in months, if not years. This week he had some great mannerisms and facials in his attack and is way over. And if all is right, should squash JoMo in the blowoff match. Suffice to say in 3 weeks i've done a total 180 on him, and is now my most anticipated, as well as the most over part of Raw for the next month at worst.

First of all, yikes! Secondly, as I think about it perhaps the reason he got so much hate wasn't because he sucked, but because he's been held back by practically zero promo/angle time. I just wonder who in the back who nobody thinks anything of that if actually given a chance and be booked to their strengths, could deliver a real money promo and highlight themselves.

Rell

Reaction score
His "you gonna get raped" face is legendary. Have you seen this, HTK?

[video=youtube;W6TIyk9QPl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6TIyk9QPl8[/video]

He can be a potentially GREAT heel if the writers allow him. Question is, will they? I'm surprised they didn't pull the plug after the little uproar that cigarette incident caused.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
:lmmmao: That just made my day. I was a fan of Killings work in 3LK as a wrestling talent, but I never would have imagined he could be a heel at all, let alone with these sorts of skills. Talk about a gamechanger!

You make a fair point though, Qwan. His "Pissin' me the hell off" line couldn't have been scripted, and I wouldn't be surprised if his recent involvement on Raw was pretty much his idea and he's pushing the envelope. I don't think even the WWE writers can deny the type of heat he's got this far into his heel turn. The creative team just needs to keep their ugly heads away from him atm, it's so early in his run, if they give him the WWE stamp now, it'll screw up all of his momentum, and then we'll have to listen to the same crappy Miz promo we've been hearing for 6 more months every week in the top spot of Raw. D:

...god...

Reaction score
Ok, I'm interested. Could be a potentially very awesome feud with Cena if they're allowed to draw blood and R-Truth kicks his ass. Could be the type of heel Batista was looking to be at first.

noumenon

Reaction score
I don't have much to say except he's definitely doing a great job. The heel turn was only initially tainted by his terrible promo with Morrison at the beginning of his turning point match.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
My hate for R-Truth is well documented, but I've always liked Ron Killings as a heel, especially his impromptu promo work. Saw the guy at a couple of indy shows and autograph signings and he stays in character, and was always fun to interact with. At the shows, his promos were a lot like the one posted above minus the duration at times.

R-Truth, the WWE-created character, sucks. And I hope he gets rid of a lot of the flashy bullshit he's doing right now, because the spinning lariat and scissors kick suck. It's over the top. He's a guy that works REAL well when he's not over the top.

Reaction score
I knew they were on to something as soon as he heeled out on Morrison. And he's not bad in the ring either. I've never been asharsh on the guy as others but he has something about him that guys like Christian, Ziggler and Swagger dont; the ability to make people care about him. And the fact that he was able to maintain face heat during his face run says something when you consider how other black stereotypes like MVP and cryme tyme flamed out.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I was sold once he started smoking a cigarette after beating up JoMo. When was the last time you saw someone smoke a damn cigarette on WWE TV????!!!! lol @ the lady who said "think of the children".

Kaedon

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of his heel promos. There are some bright spots but they tend to go on for wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooongggggg. "Pompous fence jumper" rofl.

...god...

Reaction score
WHEN AN ANGRY BLACK MAN TALKIN, YALL NEED TO SHUT IT UP!

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Ive always loved The Truth but god damn..I never thought WWE would turn him heel let alone make him one of their TOP heels. I mark out everytime he fuckin shows up on Raw his promos are absolutley classic. I was pretty dissapointed last night watching the main event cause I was expecting him to screw Mysterio out of the match but it was even better that they let him close out the show like that. He deserves this push and will go far with it I can feel it lol. And that vid was fuckn hilarious Rell

Rell

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of his heel promos. There are some bright spots but they tend to go on for wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooongggggg. "Pompous fence jumper" rofl.

that's the beauty of it...

his promo's are sooo different than anything we've seen in a long time. He's like the 2011 Randy Savage, but with a dark twist (literally)

I like The Miz and Del Rio, but its gotten to the point where they're beyond predictable. Just about every Heel promo is predictable these days. R-Truth brings a wacky twist, and I cant say I'm not a fan.

:batista:

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah but Mach's promos flowed like music, "Because I'm too hot to handle and I'm too cold to hold" like it was music. Truth's flow, when not rapping, is very disjointed and jagged.