R&B News Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score

Sometimes the dating game for women and men can be very complicated, tricky and confusing because you never know what a person’s true intentions may be. For a celebrity it’s even harder. Keri Hilson believes she has a good judgment of character and can weed out those who are up to no good. In a recent interview with Amarudon TV Keri explains what characteristics she looks for in a person who may be up to no good.
When a guy meets you and he knows who you are, how are you sure of his intentions; that he’s with you as the person and not the celebrity?
There’s little ways you can kind of tell what they’re in it for. If they want to jump to red carpet and go out to all the clubs and be pictured together, then you kind of you know. Luckily I haven’t been in that situation because I’m a good judge of character. I think it going to be hard for me. I think it’s going to be really hard for me to find someone to truly love me for who I am.
At night I wear a scarf. I am a woman, I don’t love wearing make up in everyday life. What people see is the heels that I wear and the make-up and the hair done, but when I’m home I’m very comfortable t shirt, jeans, tennis shoes. I have a tennis shoes wall – I collect sneakers. If there is a guy who would appreciate seeing that side of me, of course they’ll get the glamorous too but also appreciate Keri Hilson, just me, hair undone, nails chipped. If that person exists then that’s the person for me.

How much of your personal life takes a back seat to your career?

Personal life takes a big, big back seat. If I’m dating someone, it’s really hard to try and see each other, let alone talk or Skype. You have to schedule times in order to relate to the person who you love. That makes it very difficult and really tough but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Kairi

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, Miss Keri Baby got more than she bargained for while performing in Paris on her ‘No Boys Allowed’ tour. An overzealous fan rushed the stage during her last song of the night and snatched her right on up. I’m not sure what he was thinking, but security immediately rushed the stage and knocked the fans lights out. Keri received a blow to the head by security in the process.
After it was all said and done, she tweeted:
RT @EmmaHollyFierce: Psycho guy tried to kiss Keri OMG!!!!! <<–no, his intentions were good! But I was def caught off guard.

To the guy who ran on stage & stole a kiss, I LOVE YOU TOO. Didn’t appreciate how u were handled. But next time, enjoy from the audience
icon_wink.gif

I just learned that dude jumped from the 2nd story balcony for the task…ok, so maybe he was a lil crazy! Just jokes. I love my fans, yo!!!

Kairi

Reaction score
Last weekend, Ursh was trying to have a lowkey day and some Halloween fun when he was attacked in the parking lot of a Little Five Points store by a screaming lady. According to a video obtained by TMZ, the woman became furious when he parked in a handicap parking spot and proceeded to attack him when he wouldn’t move his car.

It’s bad enough she was making a scene in the parking lot…but her kids were on hand to see her acting a plum fool. They can be heard in the background screaming. Meanwhile Usher didn’t appear to have any bodyguards on deck but Elvis Presley and other onlookers helped keep the woman off of him (even though it looks like she got a hit in there).

Read more: Necole Bitchie.com

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce Fan Gets Her Autograph Tattoo

I had the opportunity of meeting Beyonce in NYC last month. There isn’t a person in this world that inspires me as much as her, she has truly changed my life. I never thought it would ever actually happen, but meeting her was a dream come true!

I asked her if she would sign my arm so I could tattoo it. I then went to Lucky’s Tattoo in New Jersey, which was about 30 minutes away from the Macy’s store where I met her. Luckily, the Sharpie ink on my arm was still intact when I arrived, and a very talented tattoo artist named Ryan Baron was able to make it permanent. I now look at this tattoo as a reminder of one of the best days of my life!

Kairi

Reaction score
ASCAP Rhythm & Soul celebrated the achievements of Monica at its 3rd Annual Women Behind the Music Series in New York City on Wednesday night. The industry event honors women in music including artists, songwriters, managers, attorneys, label executives, and music publishers. In addition to the R&B songstress, music industry executives Phillana Williams and Mona Scott-Young were recognized.
“Still overwhelmed by tonight, I’m blessed beyond measure to experience the things I have in work & life itself,â€￾ tweeted a grateful Monica, who is readying her album New Life for an early 2012 release.
Other attendees included Ne-Yo and Roc Nation signee Bridget Kelly.