R&B News Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;jzrc53bsoEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jzrc53bsoEA[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Mary J. Blige is looking for love in all the wrong places. The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul has announced the next single from her upcoming album.

“Mr. Wrong” will serve as the follow-up to “25/8,” she revealed on Twitter. It was written and produced by Rico Love and will appear on her 10th album My Life II… The Journey Continues (Act I), due November 21.

“It’s an extremely soulful song that expresses the true level of love that a woman can have for a man who simply is no good for her,” Love tells Rap-Up.com. “I wrote it because in many ways I am Mr. Wrong.”

The “Motivation” hitmaker produced five tracks for the sequel to 1994’s My Life. “Basically I just tried to channel that classic Mary that we love, the ‘Not Gon’ Cry’ and ‘I’m Goin’ Down’—that type of emotion, along with just some fly, bounce Mary, the ‘You Remind Me’ vibe. I was trying to connect with that because that’s something that made me fall in love with her.”
MJB is planning to shoot a video for “Mr. Wrong” on Friday, and wrapped the video for “25/8” earlier this week in New York.

Kairi

Reaction score
Take a peek into the future of R&B when Mateo and Dawn Richard co-headline a show at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood next month. Mateo, whose single “Say Its So” features appearances from Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz, is working on his debut with Kerry “Krucial” Brothers. Dirty Money diva Dawn is prepping her conceptual solo album GoldenHeart, with the first single expected later this fall. Get your tickets to see them perform live in an intimate setting on October 20.

Kairi

Reaction score
Ashanti Announces New Single on ‘Today’ Show

ashanti-today-show.jpg

Ashanti has been keeping a low profile as of late, but she paid an early morning visit to the “Today” show on Thursday. Radiant in red, the R&B chanteuse chatted with Hoda Kotb and guest co-host Nick Lachey about contributing the track “Never Too Far Away” to the thriller Dream House, working with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and the brand new single off her upcoming fifth album.

“It’s called ‘No Good.’ It’s amazing,” revealed Ashanti for the first time. “My official single will be out very soon. It’s so phenomenal, oh my gosh!”

Kairi

Reaction score
Responsible for catapulting her into the dizzy realms of stardom she still reigns in today, Beyonce’s ‘Crazy In Love‘ is without a doubt one of the most iconic singles to be released by a performer in chart history.

Helping its supporting album ‘Dangerously In Love‘ to sell more than 9 million copies worldwide, it remains one of the many examples used to support the theory that Ms. Knowles is one the most ground breaking entertainers to debut within the last twenty years.

Now, eight years after its release, the song been named by VH1 as the best song to be released in the 00’s.

More information below…​

Beating the likes of Lady GaGa’s ‘Pokerface‘ and Rihanna’s ‘Umbrella‘, the song came in at #1 in the 100 Greatest Songs Of 00’s.
As if that wasn’t enough, the songstress is the only entertainer on the list to have three songs that she co-wrote achieve positions in the list’s Top 20, with ‘Single Ladies’ coming in at #16 and Destiny’s Child’s ‘Bootylicious‘ sat at #19.

Peep the full list below:​
100 Sisqó – “Thong Song”
99 Carrie Underwood “Before He Cheats”
98 3 Doors Down “Kryptonite”
97 Shaggy “It Wasn’t Me”
96 Pussycat Dolls (Feat. Busta Rhymes) “Don’t Cha”

95 James Blunt – “You’re Beautiful
94 Daughtry – “It’s Not Over”
93 OK Go – “Here It Goes Again”
92 Flo Rida (Feat. T-Pain) – “Low”
91 Creed – “With Arms Wide Open”
90 Mystikal – “Shake Ya Ass”
89 M.I.A. – “Paper Planes”
88 Fountains of Wayne – “Stacy’s Mom”
87 The Darkness – “I Believe in a Thing Called Love”
86 Aerosmith – “Jaded”
85 Macy Gray – “I Try”
84 Linkin Park – “In the End”
83 D’Angelo – “Untitled (How Does It Feel)”
82 Matchbox Twenty – “Unwell”
81 Bruce Springsteen – “The Rising”
80 Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz (Feat. Ying Yang Twins) – “Get Low”
79 Enrique Iglesias – “Hero”
78 Plain White T’s – “Hey There Delilah”
77 Nickelback – “How You Remind Me”
76 T.I. ft Rihanna – “Live Your Life”
77 Gavin DeGraw – “I Don’t Want to Be”
74 Chamillionaire (Feat. Krayzie Bone) – “Ridin’”
73 Nelly Furtado (Feat. Timbaland) – “Promiscuous”
72 Jet – “Are You Gonna Be My Girl”
71 Colbie Caillat – “Bubbly”
70 Chris Brown (Feat. Juelz Santana) – “Run It!”
69 Evanescence – “Bring Me to Life”
68 Ludacris (Feat. Shawnna) – “Stand Up”
67 Leona Lewis – “Bleeding Love”
66 Snoop Dogg (Feat. Pharrell) – “Drop It Like It’s Hot”
65 Aaliyah – “Try Again”
64 Jennifer Lopez (Feat. Ja Rule) – “I’m Real (Murder Remix)”

63 Andrew W.K. – “Party Hard”
62 Avril Lavigne – “Complicated”
61 Kelis – “Milkshake”
60 Ke$ha – “Tik Tok”

59 Justin Timberlake – “Cry Me a River”
58 Jason Mraz – “I’m Yours”
57 Mary J. Blige – “Family Affair”
56 DMX – “Party Up (Up In Here)”
55 The Killers – “Mr. Brightside”
54 Norah Jones – “Don’t Know Why”
53 Blink-182 – “All the Small Things”
52 Shakira (Feat. Wyclef) – “Hips Don’t Lie”
51 Natasha Bedingfield – “Pocketful of Sunshine”
50 Taylor Swift – “You Belong With Me”
49 Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance”
48 Kings Of Leon – “Sex On Fire”
47 Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya, Pink – “Lady Marmalade”
46 Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow – “Picture”
45 Eve (Feat. Gwen Stefani) – “Let Me Blow Ya Mind”
44 Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Californication”
43 Katy Perry – “I Kissed A Girl”
42 Train – “Drops Of Jupiter (Tell Me)”
41 R. Kelly – “Trapped In The Closet”
40 Fall Out Boy – “Sugar, We’re Goin Down”
39 Adele – “Chasing Pavements”
38 Miley Cyrus – “Party In The U.S.A.”
37 Britney Spears – “Oops! … I Did It Again”
36 *NSYNC – “Bye Bye Bye”

35 John Mayer – “Daughters”
34 Janet Jackson – “All For You”
33 Johnny Cash – “Hurt”
32 Maroon 5 – “This Love”
31 Amy Winehouse – “Rehab”
30 Gwen Stefani – “Hollaback Girl”

29 Foo Fighters – “Best Of You”
28 Madonna – “Music”
27 Usher (Feat. Lil Jon and Ludacris) – “Yeah!”

26 The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”
25 Nelly – “Hot in Herre”
24 Missy Elliott – “Get Ur Freak On”
23 Pink – “Get the Party Started”
22 Alicia Keys – “Fallin’”
21 Jay-Z – “99 Problems”
20 Britney Spears – “Toxic”
19 Destiny’s Child – “Bootylicious”
18 Christina Aguilera – “Beautiful”

17 Coldplay – “Clocks”
16 Beyoncé – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
15 U2 – “Beautiful Day”
14 Gnarls Barkley – “Crazy”
13 Green Day – “American Idiot”
12 Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”
11 Rihanna (Feat. Jay-Z) – “Umbrella”
10 50 Cent – “In Da Club”
09 Mariah Carey – “We Belong Together”
08 Jay-Z (Feat. Alicia Keys) – “Empire State Of Mind”
07 Justin Timberlake (Feat Timbaland) – “SexyBack”
06 Kanye West (Feat. Jamie Foxx) – “Gold Digger”

05 Kelly Clarkson – “Since U Been Gone”
04 Eminem – “Lose Yourself”
03 Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”
02 OutKast – “Hey Ya!”
01 Beyoncé (Feat. Jay-Z) – “Crazy In Love”

Kairi

Reaction score
Singer Mary J. Blige is covering the October edition of Paper magazine. The 40-year old ‘Queen of Hip-Hop Soul’ gives a very in depth interview in which she talks about transitioning from to singer to actress; as well as what she plans to do in order to stay relevant to a new generation of fans.

Excerpts below…

On playing the role of Justice Charlier in the upcoming movie ‘Rock of Ages’: “All I can say is I had a blast. Tom Cruise was always just so helpful and constantly giving. Just watching him and Catherine Zeta-Jones transform into their characters, it was like OMG these people are incredible.”

On what inspired her to record the Led Zeppelin classic ‘Stairway to Heaven’ last year: When I was five years old there was soft rock on the radio and there was rock ‘n’ roll on the radio. You would hear Bennie and the Jets and Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr.’s ‘You Don’t Have to Be a Star.’ Everything wasn’t so segregated and I got a chance to hear everything.”

On the challenges of playing iconic singer/activist Nina Simone in the upcoming biopic ‘Nina’: “Nina was different from me in a lot of ways. She was courageous and confident. I’m just growing into that. But she was like that ever since she was a little girl — she was never afraid during a period when there was so much racism. She was always bold. I have a lot to draw from — all the trials and tribulations and battles. But my God, I hope I can do the work and pull it off.”

On trying to stay relevant in an ever changing musical landscape: “Everybody be saying to me ‘You gotta be like this person, you have to be like that person, you got to be younger.’ I know that doesn’t work for me though. I just want my fans to be happy about the direction I’m going in. I’m never going to stop being me.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Jennifer Hudson and Ciara: Black Beauty at Givenchy

givenchy-ss2012-1.jpg

Glamour girls Jennifer Hudson and Ciara were brilliant in black while soaking up the spring/summer 2012 fashions at Givenchy’s ready-to-wear presentation during Paris Fashion Week on Sunday (Oct. 2). R&B’s leading ladies showed off their legs in short black dresses and high heels, Ciara opting for a plunging neckline (nip slip alert) and J-Hud sporting ombre highlights in her straight hair. Naomi Campbell and Liv Tyler were also seated front row as designer Riccardo Tisci unveiled his latest collection.
CiCi loved what she saw on the runway, tweeting, “As always, GIVENCHY = SEXY. CHIC. CLASSIC WOMAN.”

givenchy-ss2012-2.jpg
givenchy-ss2012-3.jpg
givenchy-ss2012-4.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
Ciara Gets Haute for Jean Paul Gaultier

ciara-pfw-1.jpg

Ciara did not want to miss out on any of the Paris Fashion Week action. Having already been spotted at shows including Barbara Bui, Hogan by Karl Lagerfeld, and Dw by Kanye West, the fashionista made more runway rounds on Saturday. She grabbed a front row seat at the Jean Paul Gaultier and Sonia Rykiel spring/summer 2012 presentations, wearing skin-tight leather pants and a long sheer white top that exposed her back.
But CiCi wasn’t prepared for the unusual heat in Paris. “We packed so many furs and big jackets. We’re like, ‘What the heck is going on?’” she told Women’s Wear Daily at the Gaultier show.
Look for her at the Givenchy ready-to-wear show today, where she will be supporting her friend Riccardo Tisci.

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; }

Kairi

Reaction score
Two of the biggest voices in music are coming together. Mary J. Blige and Beyoncé have recorded a duet for Mary’s 10th studio album.

The song, entitled “Loving a Woman,” will appear on My Life II… The Journey Continues (Act I), Rap-Up.com has exclusively learned. The R&B divas have remained fans and friends throughout the years, but this marks their first major collaboration.
Beyoncé isn’t the only guest on the sequel to Mary’s My Life. The highly-anticipated project is set to feature collaborations with Nas and Rick Ross, and production from Danja, Jerry Wonda, Stargate, and Swizz Beatz, among others.
A video for the first single “25/8” will premiere in mid-October. The second single “Mr. Wrong,” produced and written by Jim Jonsin and Rico Love, will follow prior to the album’s release on November 21.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;rYcRPLcM-NQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcRPLcM-NQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Taylor Swift has been keeping company with some of hip-hop and R&B’s biggest stars on her “Speak Now” tour. One of her surprise guests, Usher, is praising the country crooner for her hip-hop sensibility.

Ursh performed his smash “Yeah! with T. Swift at Philips Arena in Atlanta earlier this month and was impressed when she tackled Ludacris’ verse and busted a few moves.

“For real, you guys don’t even understand. Taylor, yo, she’s crunk for real,” the R&B singer told Yahoo! Music. “In Atlanta, she came out. She did her thing. I didn’t know she and hip-hop swag like that. She came out and they enjoyed it. Then, the finale, my kids came on stage.”

Usher was enjoying a day off with his sons when he got the call to perform. “It started off as a simple day in the park with the kids,” he said. “We have minivan adventures. Taylor hits me, and says, ‘Yo Ush, I’m in town. I’d really love if you could come out and do ‘Yeah!’ with me.’ I’m like, ‘Well, we haven’t had any rehearsals.’ [She said], ‘No, no. The band’s got it. You just show up.’”
His oldest son Usher V. wanted to join his father on stage. “My son [was] looking at the stage saying, ‘Daddy, I want to go on stage.’ I’m like, ‘Son this is not Daddy’s show. It’s Taylor’s show.’”
In addition to Usher, Swift has performed “Super Bass” with Nicki Minaj, “Live Your Life” with T.I., and most recently “Airplanes” with B.o.B.

Kairi

Reaction score
Usher had the honor of performing for former President Bill Clinton at the William J. Clinton Decade of Difference Concert at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles last night (Oct. 15). The R&B singer served up a three-song set including “Yeah,” “OMG,” and a cover of the Beatles’ classic “With a Little Help from My Friends.” While working up a sweat on stage, Ursh accidentally split his pants, but danced right through the wardrobe malfunction. “I work hard,” he joked. Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, and U2’s Bono and The Edge also participated in the star-studded affair.

Kairi

Reaction score
Ciara Returns To The Studio

Ciara has seen the buzz surrounding her 5th studio album intensify as of late. Indeed, with it all but confirmed that she’s re-joined forces with LA Reid (the man who launched her career) over at Epic Records, interest in the songstress has reignited following a series of commercial disappointments.

Which is just as well, as the singer today tweeted a shot of her in the studio. Now, because we love to give you the real tea, we can confirm that the session was with hitmaker Soundz - who produced ‘Gimmie Dat’ from her ‘Basic Instinct’ LP. More over, though, we’re just glad to see Ms. Harris back on her grind. And with word that today’s session was an Epic sponsored production “camp” for her project (where a number of writers and producers congregate to draw up tracks for an artist), it seems the wheels are finally a-turning for her comeback. Roll on 2012!

Kairi

Reaction score
R&B bad boy Chris Brown has fans in a frenzy over ‘Fortune’ – the highly anticipated followup to his 2011 acclaimed ‘F.A.M.E.’ album. Though still jetting across stages with fellow top acts in support of the latter, news has now surfaced the ‘Gimme Dat’ singer is giving his faithful fans some info on the upcoming project.
While ‘Wet the Bed’ is still trying to make a splash on the charts, Breezy took to his Twitter to announce:

Via @ChrisBrown:
“STRIP is one of the singles off of FORTUNE so request at RADIO!”
“I’m also really excited about the release of my single titled ‘BIGGEST FAN’ produced by the RUNNERS!”
Fans should be expecting both releases in the coming months. The announcement comes just as news surfaced that the young singer is filling out his acting portfolio as he has been cast in the ‘dance-flick’ ‘Planet B-Boy’ (based on the 2007 documentary of the same name). Production began in L.A. this week.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;cSmqM-Qn6Sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cSmqM-Qn6Sg[/video]