Quote on Rumble Change

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
One WWE source feels the Royal Rumble match expanding from 30 to 40 men is not a good idea.

"When you have 30 guys who are not over and you add ten more guys, it isn't special," the source said. "It's like adding vanilla to vanilla."

LOP

Reaction score
Since we know John Wiger Jorts Cena is obviously going to win, nothing about this year's Rumble is special.

ahorrig

Reaction score
Since we know John Wiger Jorts Cena is obviously going to win, nothing about this year's Rumble is special.

If Cena wins, the title will have no meaning. Their feud is purely about nexus. Adding the title will distract them from the real reason the feud started.

Reaction score
If Cena wins, the title will have no meaning. Their feud is purely about nexus. Adding the title will distract them from the real reason the feud started.

I agree. Just like every pointless Cena title reign the last 4 or so years.

1chiban

Reaction score
They need 40 men to ensure that we're not hearing The Nexus and Corre music every few minutes with out much of a break. If two stables made up nearly a third of the competitors it would be silly. Now they make up roughly a quarter which isn't so bad!

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
40-man rumble is fucking Blue. The last couple 30man rumbles havent been great so now theyre gonna add more men into the match to spice things up? Worst rumble in history.

Montana

Reaction score
Alberto Del Rio is going to win, cause it's his Destiny.

Axis

Reaction score
How was that a flame post?

Veritas

Reaction score
Honestly, the 40 men doesn't matter one way or another. Yeah, it'll just be more midcarders but those midcarders can be used for fodder to make the guys they're trying to push seem stronger. Even if they don't win, Barrett, J-Mo, Sheamus, Kofi, Danielson, etc can come out of the night with 3-5 eliminations, which is something they'll push for a few weeks on TV and maybe bring up next year going into the Rumble again. Who knows, with 10 extra guys, they might even let someone like Zeke or Mason Ryan break Kane's record of 11 guys in one Rumble.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I think the extra guys will just draw the whole thing out a bit so that they have room to feature more within' the evenings rumble stroyline... As others mentioned, we'll prob get a healthy dose of the Corre AND Nexus fueds written in and the further evolution of guys like Bryan, Morrion & Del Rio without it becoming horribly overbooked.

I may still be wrong, but I'm reserving my judgement.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
40 guys?.....where they gonna get 40 guys?....are there divas and guys like gangrel and dlobrown and godfather gonna come out of retirement?

what next, a 20 man money in the bank match, a 12 man elimination chamber match (2 ni'ggas in a pod/ 4 ni'ggas start da' match)