PWI flushes what's left of their credibility down the toilet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Michelle McCool Named Top Women's Wrestler In North America

[COLOR=#003399 !important][COLOR=#003399 !important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Diva Michelle Michelle has earned the number one position in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's third annual "PWI Female 50" chart ranking the top 50 women's wrestlers in North America from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010. She succeeds multi-time WWE Women's Champion Mickie James, who charted No. 1 in last year's list.
"Pro Wrestling Illustrated attributes its decision to ranking McCool as the top women's [COLOR=#003399 !important][COLOR=#003399 !important]wrestler[/COLOR][/COLOR] in North America with the following facts:
FACT: In June 2009, McCool became the first woman in WWE history to have held both the Divas and Women's championships, thanks to a win over Melina.

FACT: Over the past 12 months, McCool has scored pinfall victories over Melina, Gail Kim, and [COLOR=#003399 !important][COLOR=#003399 !important]Mickie [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#003399 !important][COLOR=#003399 !important]James[/COLOR][/COLOR]—three of the most decorated women wrestlers of the past decade.

FACT: From July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010, McCool held (or co-held) the WWE Women's championship for 325 of 365 days."

Though not actually fact, Pro Wrestling Illustrated also noted the following regarding McCool: "Here's another fact: Michelle McCool—a woman who has been reviled by fans and derided by peers—is the best woman wrestler in the game today. Like it or not."
The issues hits newsstands September 7.

The least talented woman on wrestlicious is a better wrestler than Michelle McCool. Her being number one over people like MsChif, Daizee Haze, Sara Del Ray, Amazing Kong, and others is a joke.

pumpt73

Reaction score
LOL, I didn't even know anyone still read PWI???? As a kid I loved it. As wrestling changed, it grew stale. Once most of the trade secrets about wrestling got out, it was pretty much it for mags like PWI. I bought my 8 year old stepdaughter an issue and noticed now they put PWI and The Wrestler together into one magazine. I remember when you had to buy each seperately. And they had the nerve to charge like $8 or $9 for that piece of crap!!! What used to make PWI nice, at least during the 80's was you could read up on what was happening in territories you couldn't watch on tv. Now with net, there's no point.

Reaction score
#1 for the PWI Top 500 or the women's top 50 will never have an indy talent on there. I have accepted this.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I gave up on PWI when I saw that KENTA was 132 on the 500 list :smh

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Good god!! From blowing Taker,tp woman's champ, to fucking Taker, to marrying Taker, to being named top woman's wrestler, the ego on this bitch is sure to be at an all time high.

Reaction score
The question here isn't whether or not she is necessarily the best female wrestler but who has had the best year from July 1st 2009 to June 30th 2010.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Which tbh, she is arguably the most over women's wrestler in TNA or the WWE. And tbh PWI is a straight kayfabe magazine that is trying to come off as legitimate.