Put up, or shut up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

With Oct 4th being the official date of TNA moving to 2 hours, finally tna can stand on its own 2 legs. There won't be any excuses this time. For 3 years the fans have been asking, and now its time. So really its put up or shut time i think. If tna can't pull this off,and jump up a few points in ratings, that could be lead tna down the drain.

But personally i think TNA will put on a real good show. I've been saying all they need to do is go live, but i guess 2 hours taped will have to do. I think the show will do better, although i dont see it solving Tna's financial problems.

Any predictions for the 2 hour show? a mid card wrestler stepping up? First match event? Show Ratings? Will it be the same ole tna 2x, or will the take their time more.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The only prediction I'll make is that the ratings for the first show will not be as high as people think they will be. Certainly not above 1.9

Dairydude

Reaction score
1st match should have either AJ Styles, Jeff Jarrett or Abyss in it.
Those 3 pretty much built TNA and deserve to be the flagship into the 2 hour slot.

as for up and coming stars, i expect to see more out of Robert Roode, possibly forming his own faction and chasing the strap

gashface

Reaction score
To be honest I don't have that much faith in them at the moment, until they are a true wrestling alternative to WWE (like they used to be, more emphasis on x-division etc.) They are not going to impress me again. I don't watch WWE because it's crap, what I need right now is TNA to be different to WWE not to mimick it and often be ten times lamer.

Two hour show? I expect them to stuff it up, but let's hope I'm surprised.

PeepShow

I like how some people say that they need to focus more on the X-Title and stuff, but then if TNA were to do that, and take more spotlight off the World Title, then people would be complaining there too. People will find one way or another to rag on TNA. The fact is they need to expand out and not have 2 hrs of this. I personally dont mind and I think the show right now is ok. But I guess for the other 90% of us, its not.

gashface

Reaction score
The point is there is no market for another company like WWE, or another WCW (And we all know what happened to that) ROH is a small company, but it works and why? Because it's a true wrestling alternative. The reason ECW was so popular? Alternative.

TNA was striking out and being different to WWE, but now it is trying far too hard to be like it.

Sure we'd always moan whatever they did but that's what makes us true fans, it's the difference between a casual fan and a dedicated fan if you like. We want them to improve, and we want the programme to be the best it can be.

Reaction score
I agree with the original statement, but there really isn't much to say about this situation anymore. TNA has to step up now, and they're in trouble if they don't. No one knows if they will or not so we'll just have to wait and see.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
someone said this on another forum

TNA: ruining my love for professional wrestling since 2002

i think that pretty much sums it up, i mean TNA has to be fucking Blue not to put on a killer show...

xtremebadass

My guess is maybe 1.6, but don't expect anything great from the first show, remember ECW's first show? I am looking forward to longer thought out promos and matches, because TNA is great at doing those on PPV, but in 1 hour they kind of suck.

Montana

1.25.... something close to that, like their highest rating ever. Thats my guess, ill play it safe.

Cena_Buttocks

Reaction score
TNA will continue to do what the always do. Push the WWE rejects and ignore their home-grown talent. But at least they'll get on TV!!! True, but they'll be jobbing to said rejects.

The topic title says it all, PUT UP OR SHUT UP TNA! What are you TNA fanboys going to say when this fails too? Just wait until they get three hours?

3lions

Reaction score
I don't see TNA picking up another millions viewers to Impact! just becuase it's expanded to two hours. I doubt it wil increase that much, not for a while anyway. Maybe a 1.3-1.6.

PeepShow

TNA will continue to do what the always do. Push the WWE rejects and ignore their home-grown talent. But at least they'll get on TV!!! True, but they'll be jobbing to said rejects.

The topic title says it all, PUT UP OR SHUT UP TNA! What are you TNA fanboys going to say when this fails too? Just wait until they get three hours?

LOL, ya, 1 hr really failed didnt it. They expanded out for some of the major PPVs, they signed big WWE names, and now have 2 hrs. They really failed......

Cena_Buttocks

Reaction score
LOL, ya, 1 hr really failed didnt it.

Yeah, it did. Considering that a TON of TNA fanboys were going.. ZOMG! THE WWE IS IN TROUBLE, HERE COMES TNA and they've only managed to get 1 million viewers (barely) and pose no real threat to the WWE, nor offer any REAL alternative to the WWE like they claimed to be.

Yeah, I would say they've failed.

PeepShow

Thats one SPower Ranger opinion. A John Cena fanyboy doesnt even count. He cant even wrestle >_>