Punks WWE Future in Jeopardy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWE has recently decided to removed Punk from all Raw tapings and live events. The only wrestling related events that Punk is advertised for is these upcoming Comic-Con fan fests:

* Wizard World New York City on Friday, June 28th
* Wizard World Chicago Comic Con on Saturday, August 10th
* Wizard World Nashville Comic Con on Sunday, October 20th

As of this writing there is no indication on when we will see the former WWE champion back on WWE television.

This is what happens when you don't get him his fucking Ice Cream Bars.

But seriously after some of the rumors swirling around as of late this doesn't seem to be a good sign. WWE isn't known for giving stars (other than Taker and Mysterio) this amount of time off without a very specific and known injury. Most I've heard of Punk is that he's bruised up and needs rest. So is this a real injury under wraps or is it something else.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Must be a bit of a concern, but when you have been at it none stop for the amount of year he has then this could just be burn out.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
The WWE would be seriously, seriously dull without Punk. I know there are those that argue he wasn't a big draw, but it terms of programming he's a great act. The weekly shows are dead without him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
F4WOnline said:
CM Punk actually has 4 different injuries to his knee at one time. Punk has a lot of pain in his lower leg but not the knee itself, despite the number of injuries. He has a strained ACL and other torn ligaments.

Before the leg injury, Punk was already planning on taking time off after WrestleMania 29 because he was mentally burnt out. Doctors advised him to stay out of the ring at least 6 weeks. He will not be at this Monday’s RAW from England and how soon WWE asks him to return will likely depend on how the ratings are over the next few weeks.
So not really him having his WWE future in jeopardy he is just really banged up and needs real time off for the first time in his WWE career.

Weez

Reaction score
Guys take off all the damn time. Punk's been burning nonstop for a decade. Let him take a couple months off. Shit, he hasn't even been gone a full PPV cycle and people are thinking he's "on the way out."

He prob got pulled from the events because he's Taking.Time.Off.... Hard Concept, I know.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
The title of the thread is absolutely dumb. Not to rip on credible posters like Hollywood, but seriously he's going to come back. Someone like Evan Bourne's future is in jeopardy. Punk will be back probably around July or August.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The WWE would be seriously, seriously dull without Punk. I know there are those that argue he wasn't a big draw, but it terms of programming he's a great act. The weekly shows are dead without him.

Erm, the WWE is seriously dull WITH Punk, so it cant hurt to bin him off TV for the year.

He should go back to ROH where vanilla midgets are lauded and mediocre promos about respect and honor are lapped up by the basement dwellers in the crowd.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Haha, I almost hope that he does, it'd be nice to see you smile for once.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I thank the wrestling gods every day for saving me from that boredom induced coma his 400 day title reign pushed me into.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
And we are all thankful that you've survived to continue to tell us about it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah I don't get the title of the thread. I see him returning sometime down the line no doubt about it. His career isn't over yet. Maybe WWE just haven't got a date on when he will be back and don't want to make any promises on these events. Would be easier just to remove him from them all. Also this changes the predictability of his return. Removing him from all these events makes us not know around what time he will be returning.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Title is misleading. They gave Ryan reeves like 2 fucking years to get better, then repackaged him as Ryback. He had basically no history with the company. Punk turned wrestling on it's head with his July 2011 "The PROMO" moment and run as champion.

He'll be back, no problem. It's probably a vacation.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This really isn't anything to speculate over. He took a pretty nasty hit to the knee too during that one spot. He'll be back though. That dude can't stop working.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Not sure how this even qualifies as news. We already know Punk won't be back for a while, so why wouldn't WWE remove him from upcoming events? Would it be better if WWE advertised him and he didn't show? I don't think so.

AF.

Reaction score
WWE would be silly to let him go with the huge following he's created for himself. They know that as much as we do. They will accommodate his needs and most likely give him as much time as he wants.

The only way Punk is leaving the WWE is if he quits. He won't ever be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.