Punk's new WWE contract has major perks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
You were just complaining about there is too many PPVs and saying true fans want less.

Onyx

Reaction score
You were just complaining about there is too many PPVs and saying true fans want less.

Whoa you are obviously a short-term WWE fan who is ignorant on a lot of WWE's past. And if you're not, I'm surprised to get this response from you. See, it's fans like you that makes WWE suck for us fans from yesteryear. And I never even said nothing close to "we need less matches". I just think we need less PPV's in todays WWE to build up an good appropriate storyline for the Wrestlers (Superstars & Divas) in WWE. Let me break it down for you my friend. More PPV's means shorter storyline build up, which means lack of creativity from WWE. Now when I mean "less PPV's" I do not mean less matches in general. That's just ignorance on your part is all. I'm all for more matches and less talking in WWE. I just don't think it's healthy for the business to have frequent PPV ever less than 30 days. I'm all for more matches mate, I watch wrestling matches from all promotions daily. WWE needs less PPV's and more storyline build up (with more matches of course. And to be honest, one of the reason why WWE has such boring matches lately, and not enough matches for other superstars. Is because PPV's are every month. So sit back, drink a fizzy and think about it before you respond back to this with an angry rage. Trust me mate, I know what I'm talking about. And when it comes to WWE, I never speak out of my arse.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This is what happens when I put you on the spot? You react like you are the greatest of the great when it comes to wrestling fans. I just love wrestling and I try not to constantly complain about things I can't fix. Something you seem to do. I don't understand how you think you could be a bigger fan than me just because we have different views. I am actually glad you responded with some venom though. I just watch to wrestling and if you have seen every PPV since Money In The Bank the wrestling has been top notch. The main events have been off the charts, in fact. I just don't get how you think you know what is best for WWE and that everybody behind the scenes in wrestling doesn't understand the business. Last I checked considering how poorly wrestling is looked down upon WWE still makes oodles of cash in a dwindling economy.

liamjr24

Reaction score
More PPV's means shorter storyline build up, which means lack of creativity from WWE.

I long for the days of the HHH-Angle-Rock feud from 2000-2001. Those three stories were interwoven pretty much from Wrestlemania 2000 until NWO 2001, almost a whole year for 1 giant feud that brought in so many other wrestlers at the same time. THAT'S real story telling!

Onyx

Reaction score
This is what happens when I put you on the spot? You react like you are the greatest of the great when it comes to wrestling fans. I just love wrestling and I try not to constantly complain about things I can't fix. Something you seem to do. I don't understand how you think you could be a bigger fan of me just because we have different views. I am actually glad you responded with some venom though. I just watch to wrestling and if you have seen every PPV since Money In The Bank the wrestling has been top notch. The main events have been off the charts, in fact. I just don't get how you think you know what is best for WWE and that everybody behind the scenes in wrestling doesn't understand the business. Last I checked considering how poorly wrestling is looked down upon WWE still makes oodles of cash in a dwindling economy.

Okay it might sound that way, and sure you are entitles to your own opinion. And I do not actually think I'm the greatest of the greats of Wrestling fans. I just know my stuff. And I am not complaining really, I'm actually just sharing my opinion. But it did kind of upset me how you try to be a smart-arse and try to downgrade me. That's why it seemed like I was acting like I'm better than all wrestling fans to you. Even though that's not what I was trying to do. And dude, I do not have to be a WWE employee to know what's going on behind the scenes. Ignorance again on your part I believe. And you are right! WWE is making a lot of money still. But I do not know how. Wait... I have a theory. It's because of the fans of the PG Era that buys into the rubbish WWE is putting out today. WWE couldn't act like this in the Golden Eras & the Attitude Era. Even in the Ruthless Aggression Era, WWE was doing pretty damn well. But I believe it's the new generation of WWE fans (PG Era fans who are kids basically) who are feeding into this watered down material WWE is putting out.

Now, I do not want you to think that I'm am trying to put HEAT on you in any way at all. I just have very strong opinions when it comes to WWE. And like I said, even if I cannot to much to change WWE. I'm going to express my opinion about it with facts as much as I can when appropriate.

Onyx

Reaction score
I long for the days of the HHH-Angle-Rock feud from 2000-2001. Those three stories were interwoven pretty much from Wrestlemania 2000 until NWO 2001, almost a whole year for 1 giant feud that brought in so many other wrestlers at the same time. THAT'S real story telling!

I couldn't agree more. Plus back then, in the Attitude Era, there was more time for storyline builds up then. That's why you here us Attitude Era fans talk about how great it was back then. And obviously, you lived those fond memories as well :D

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I was hoping to get you to defend yourself. Sorry, I had I went about it like that. It's nice to get some actual discussion here instead of just two sentence responses that are just basically reworded by the next 5 people even though we have now derailed this thread from the original topic. I prefer more wrestling than less wrestling so I will support constant PPVs on that basis but you are totally right about the lack of time to build storylines. However, WWE has changed their entire demeanor now with the PPVs becoming gimmicky. I think I've just adjusted to the times.

I also have a theory that WWE is changing evolving once again. They are starting to remove themselves from PG era now that Linda isn't running for office and with how smart Vince McMahon(not sure you'll agree with me that he's a genius, though) he is going with the current target age of the kids that are now getting older and we will get another era similar to the Attitude era. It might not be as racy but I do think they will be smarter about it but with the lack of competition they'll probably just stay as popular as they are now.

I also consider 98/99 and 00/01 as two different eras seeing as the wrestling was better in the latter years.

Onyx

Reaction score
I was hoping to get you to defend yourself. Sorry, I had I went about it like that. It's nice to get some actual discussion here instead of just two sentence responses that are just basically reworded by the next 5 people even though we have now derailed this thread from the original topic. I prefer more wrestling than less wrestling so I will support constant PPVs on that basis but you are totally right about the lack of time to build storylines. However, WWE has changed their entire demeanor now with the PPVs becoming gimmicky. I think I've just adjusted to the times.

I also have a theory that WWE is changing evolving once again. They are starting to remove themselves from PG era now that Linda isn't running for office and with how smart Vince McMahon(not sure you'll agree with me that he's a genius, though) he is going with the current target age of the kids that are now getting older and we will get another era similar to the Attitude era. It might not be as racy but I do think they will be smarter about it but with the lack of competition they'll probably just stay as popular as they are now.

I also consider 98/99 and 00/01 as two different eras seeing as the wrestling was better in the latter years.

Hahaha that's true, we did somewhat derailed the discussions off-topic a bit. But I'm glad we both understand where we are coming from. And on the thing about Vince being a genius. I would have to say Vince is a Genius in his own right. But I don't doubt the fact that Vince is a genius. Also I agree with you on how the WWE is changing it's ways a bit. I've also noticed it in recent past RAW's this year.

Also, I hope you are right about WWE being more similar to the Attitude Era. Because that's basically what the Ruthless Aggression Era was more like. But as a Attitude Era kid, I must say, I do like a bit more hardcore stuff. But I can understand how we should be a bit of a Holt to some of the Attitude Era's material lol. But I do still stick with WWE looking into a more better creative team and a bit of a stretch from the PPV's. But from what I am quoting from you right now. I do respect your opinions and your view on current WWE. Also I understand how you have gotten use to it be watered down. Because I am somewhat use to it as well lol

But back on Topic shall WE!!?

And I just want to pick up from when CM Punk said "Change will come, but be patient". I have been Patient and I am ready for the Straight Edge Saviour to save us from the boring status queue! Don't make me give Y2J a call and have him Save_Us! ;)

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I love Punk, but his fascination with Zack Ryder, as well as a bunch of other fans truly baffles me. He's mildly charismatic, but he's not funny, and I'm not just talking about on tv. I've seen Z True Long Island Story.....he's absolutely NOT funny, he can't be taken seriously and he's not so good that somebody else can't do what he does better. Shit, Santino has been a better comedy character than him for years.

Anyway, is there anything in his contract that's actually useful? I don't care about Zack Ryder and ice cream bars. Where's the clause that gives CM Punk a WWE Championship reign like Cena's 3'rd reign where he completely obliterates the rest of the roster? After the shit they put him through for the last 2 years, that better be in there somewhere.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Commenting on the original article I am glad that Punk managed to get a few sweeteners in his new deal. He had complete control over that contract negotiation so he was smart to add in things like first/business class travel and his own bus. He is one of WWE's top stars and deserves to be treated like one.