Punk's bodyguard ... YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED IT ... AND I MEAN NEVER!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

There has been a push in creative of late to give CM Punk a bodyguard. The original pitch was to put Ezekiel Jackson in the role since he did so well with Brian Kendrick, but WWE would like him to develop more and feel ECW is a better place for him. The latest idea tossed around was to put Festus in the role with the idea that Punk either "got him off his medication" or would be controlling him by "feeding him pills" to enhance Punk's heel straightedge role. That's why Festus has been off TV in recent weeks.

Seems a'ight but I think that giving him two guards and having them be Danielson and Nigel would have been much more epic

Evil Austin

I may have not understood it 100%

But doesn't this storyline' contradict with Punk's gimmick - if Punk uses pills / drugs to hold Festus at his will' so to speak?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
or would be controlling him by "feeding him pills" to enhance Punk's heel straightedge role.

.....makes no since at all. Unless I'm missing the reason why feeding him pills are in " ".

Kizza

That's the point. They're making him out to be the ultra heel, showing that he is willing to "betray" his own lifestyle to make sure he has his own bodyguard. Punk doesn't care if he gives pills to Festus to make him under his control, it's out to make him look like a hypocrite.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
or it could be more of a thing that Punk uses to show what Pills can do to you. Make you willing to give up your own life to get stuff. Like Punk gets him hooked up them and then makes him be his bodyguard to get more all alone teaching the fans a lesson about drugs. Saying something like "See this guy here wants his little pills so bad he is even willing to turn his back on all of you and help me out"

The Rated R CMStar

Seems a'ight but I think that giving him two guards and having them be Danielson and Nigel would have been much more epic

Yeah, Danielson, a guy who doesnt reaches 6ft, as a bodyguard.

Nice idea

Reaction score
Technically, Punk isn't ditching his straight edge lifestyle. He's still straight edge, but he already knows that Festus isn't and will use that against them. However I am completely against this.

Great One

This is pro. And yeah he's not betraying straight edge since he's just manipulating the 'weak minded.' Also, someone on this fucking forum said this EXACT idea not long ago, please step up, you deserve recognition.