Punk's bodyguard ... YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED IT ... AND I MEAN NEVER!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. K?

noumenon

This is possibly the worst fucking idea I have ever heard. If they do they they will undoubtedly and completely destroy CM Punk.

Double J

Reaction score
Doesn't make a lot of sense if you think about it. Festus was never said to be on medication, the bell was sort of a pavlovian reaction (For those who don't know what that means look up Psychology and Classical Conditioning). So it's not like "Oh he's on medication to control his agressiveness, but ummm the sound of a bell voids out the medication and then puts it back into effect when rung again......"

On top of that when Festus did hear the bell it wasn't like he went all "Hulk SMASH!!" on everything. He followed the rules of the ref and knew that Jessie was his friend and protected him.

So the only thing that could do with "medication" was to put that Punk has Festus brainwashed somehow. Then again this is WWE and so the storyline really doesn't have to make sense for them to use it....

Kaedon

Reaction score
Well they dont say hes NOT on drugs either. And is it that much of a stretch to say a guy who only responds to a bell ringing is drugged up?

Weebo

Reaction score
Punk wouldnt be giving him pills as that is not straight edge and against what he stands for

Airfixx

^^^I doubt the typical 'straight-edge code of ethics' has a sub-section on the manipulation of other through chemical means. LOL

Besides, given what is a pretty righteous gimmick for a heel, aside from being overtly self-righteous, it's things like hypocricy & double standards that will solidify him as a heel.

Do I like the bodyguard idea? Hell no....

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I don't know, it seems like the reporter worded it wrong. I mean Festus is fucked up and controllable now and Punk would GIVE him pills to fix him and control him? That doesn't really make sense. Regardless though, Airfixx is right in that Straightedge is really all about making yourself a better person, and using one's drug/alcohol/smoking problems to your advantage would be a dick move, but it'd also be a statement about that person's problems, so I wouldn't put it past anyone.

Airfixx

Just had a horrible thought....

The eventual Punk v Festus fued... :n: