Punk planned to win Royal Rumble.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, no problem with him winning in itself. Just hoping it isn't against Cena.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Eh, not against it, but it seems to early to tell. I would a wait after Survivor Series to start making guesses, it's not even Summerslam yet as well.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
When I first started watching again since the 90's, Cena/Punk was the best feud I've seen. I really can't see why people hate Cena the most when he's gold when up against the right opponent. I also don't see how Vince isn't high on this feud either (from what I read). It's a genuinely good feud.

He enjoys it considering how often they've wrestled (it was even listed as #20 on WWE's The Top 25 Greatest Rivalries In Wrestling History DVD), it was just reported that he was tired of it and didn't want to see it again for awhile after they fought on Raw five weeks before Wrestlemania this year. The feud has been somewhat oversaturated at this point and could use a good, long rest before re-visiting it.

When Paul Heyman said on Raw that he knows Punk's dream is to headline Wrestlemania, I couldn't help but think "what if Punk actually DID headline Wrestlemania's 30th anniversary next year?" as a funny thought to myself. But with Rock/Lesnar planned and with my own personal hope for Cena/Undertaker, I dismissed the thought.

I wonder what the chances are of a Punk/Bryan match. Not the main event but maybe a semi one. Maybe a title unification match. Maybe the WWE Title ends up vacated and is put up for grabs in the Royal Rumble match (first time that's happened since 1992) and then Punk and Bryan are the final two men and go over the top rope at the same time and are both declared the winner (first time that's happened since 1994) and it's decided that they'll headline Wrestlemania XXX against each other to determine who the undisputed WWE Champion is.

A great triple main event for Wrestlemania XXX would be John Cena/The Undertaker, The Rock/Brock Lesnar and CM Punk/Daniel Bryan in a world championship unification match.

Last edited:

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score

:yes: :yes: :yes:! IT ABOUT FUCKIN TIME! HE SHOULD MAIN EVENT THIS YEAR! this all but end the stone cold wm30 match. But I wonder who he will face? and no it not be bryan for people then that. Punk should face a main eventer at the level as him. bryan get but he is not punk yet in term of meaedde star like cena,hogan,rock,stone cold. even if punk going for wwe title that does mean he going to in "these" main event I mean he was wwe champion going wm28 and he did not main event. just b/c he in the wwe title match does mean he going main event. in less face who at his level. maybe rock again were rock win the title and the punk beat at wm30 to get the troch from rock? maybe not with his moive though?, john cena? that maybe finally heel and do a bret hart type cena and punk doing a hbk like wm12? and punk win and get torch from cean one and for all?, brock 2? I not people may not like but that already did it with hhh so I would not put pass wwe to do it here! but for this to have been brock would half to beat punk at summerslam so then punk can be him at wm30 for the wwe title and brock can win the wwe title ec ppv.,shumus? he turn heel win the wwe title and punk beat him for it I always when to then wrestle but this one I may not like, batisa? were heard roomer of his returnd maybe come as a heel win the wwe title and punk beat him to win it!? u guy got any other theory?

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
He enjoys it considering how often they've wrestled (it was even listed as #20 on WWE's The Top 25 Greatest Rivalries In Wrestling History DVD), it was just reported that he was tired of it and didn't want to see it again for awhile after they fought on Raw five weeks before Wrestlemania this year. The feud has been somewhat oversaturated at this point and could use a good, long rest before re-visiting it.

When Paul Heyman said on Raw that he knows Punk's dream is to headline Wrestlemania, I couldn't help but think "what if Punk actually DID headline Wrestlemania's 30th anniversary next year?" as a funny thought to myself. But with Rock/Lesnar planned and with my own personal hope for Cena/Undertaker, I dismissed the thought.

I wonder what the chances are of a Punk/Bryan match. Not the main event but maybe a semi one. Maybe a title unification match. Maybe the WWE Title ends up vacated and is put up for grabs in the Royal Rumble match (first time that's happened since 1992) and then Punk and Bryan are the final two men and go over the top rope at the same time and are both declared the winner (first time that's happened since 1994) and it's decided that they'll headline Wrestlemania XXX against each other to determine who the undisputed WWE Champion is.

A great triple main event for Wrestlemania XXX would be John Cena/The Undertaker, The Rock/Brock Lesnar and CM Punk/Daniel Bryan in a world championship unification match.

brayn will not feud with punk at wm. and rock will not face brock he got plan to for termnier 5 film start jan. 2014 he will not be able to do wm. and if he did I still brock vs. taker will be the match it more draw. I think knowing wwe that will have cena face punk for the wwe title! punk win cleanly and the "torch" WILL FINALLY BE PAST!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Holy shit, that's awesome. Though WWE would need to readdress SmackDown completely I imagine for this to happen.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan beats John Cena and wins the WWE Championship at SummerSlam.
Dean Ambrose wins the WHC MITB briefcase and cash it in on Dolph Ziggler at HIAC, and he manages to retain at Survivor Serious.

CM Punk feuds with Dean Ambrose, comes out short at TLC but gets another shot at RR, he enters the RR match and win it, and then go on to beat Ambrose and win the WHC at the Main Event.

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk challenges WWE Champion Daniel Bryan at WMXXX

WWE Champion Daniel Bryan VS World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk in a 60 minutes Ironman match to unify the titles.

I just came :phew:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Daniel Bryan beats John Cena and wins the WWE Championship at SummerSlam.
Dean Ambrose wins the WHC MITB briefcase and cash it in on Dolph Ziggler at HIAC, and he manages to retain at Survivor Serious.

CM Punk feuds with Dean Ambrose, comes out short at TLC but gets another shot at RR, he enters the RR match and win it, and then go on to beat Ambrose and win the WHC at the Main Event.

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk challenges WWE Champion Daniel Bryan at WMXXX

WWE Champion Daniel Bryan VS World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk in a 60 minutes Ironman match to unify the titles.

I just came :phew:

Like that will happen, With Vince booking we will get The Rock Vs The Great Khali 90 minute iron man match with Khali winning.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Punk is big enough not to need the Royal Rumble to have a WWE title feud, but if it's the only way, and makes sense from a storyline perspective, then I am all for it. I guess it would be against Cena in their final battle; a feud that I would be pumped for (even if we have seen it numerous times).
Being big doesn't mean Punk can't win it and also don't see him fighting Cena at mania because of Thrice in a Lifetime, unless they make that a triple threat, which would be a great three way feud.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Would fap if Bryan was still the champ and it was Punk vs Bryan.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Being big doesn't mean Punk can't win it and also don't see him fighting Cena at mania because of Thrice in a Lifetime, unless they make that a triple threat, which would be a great three way feud.

I doubt they'll do Rock/Cena III. They've already teased Rock/Brock and given that WM29 didn't surpass the previous year's buy rate (even with Brock on the show to help it draw this year), they should realize that the promotion of The Rock and Brock Lesnar clashing would be bigger than another Cena/Rock rematch. Almost certainly more so than the first rematch.

How short-sighted it would be for them to promote the 30th anniversary of Wrestlemania with a match that headlined the previous two.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I doubt they'll do Rock/Cena III. They've already teased Rock/Brock and given that WM29 didn't surpass the previous year's buy rate (even with Brock on the show to help it draw this year), they should realize that the promotion of The Rock and Brock Lesnar clashing would be bigger than another Cena/Rock rematch. Almost certainly more so than the first rematch.

How short-sighted it would be for them to promote the 30th anniversary of Wrestlemania with a match that headlined the previous two.
If anything was hinted for Lesnar at mania it was Lesnar vs Taker when Taker showed up to one of Brock's UFC fights a while back. Rock vs Brock does draw more than ever now since they're superstars outside of WWE now. However I just don't see it happening at Wrestlemania

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Rock/Brock would only work if Brock were allowed to really rough the Rock up, and I don't see it happening that way. I hope the match doesn't happen.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The Undertaker/Brock thing at UFC was all the way back in October 2010, though. The Brock/Rock foreshadowing was when Brock was ripping through HHH's office and stopped and stared for a few moments at the Rumble poster in the hallway that had Rock's face on it.

I'm not looking forward to the match either but I'll take it over another Rock/Cena one. By all means, I think WWE would see more dollar signs in Rock/Brock than they would another Rock/Cena bout. I'm hoping Rock misses Mania next year because of Terminator 5, though. Seeing what they do with Brock or Cena (can't see Rock wrestling anyone but these two) without Rock there is interesting.