Punk Needs To Go To SD.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Think he was talking about when his straight edge character emerged feuding with Jeff and also winning the MITB while being on the brand. I know you're just trolling with that post but still. Wouldn't say his best was on SD at all it's def his lastest run with Raw. Also won his first world title on Raw as well.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He started the SES there, but his time there and with the group after Jeff left, saw Edge, Taker, Rey, and Show squash him multiple times. Hell a lot of the times they squashed him and his group by themselves. The only time he looked good was with Jeff, as they took his title, his hair, and piled losses on him in horribly bad fashion as the stable leader who got him and his troops ass kicked.

Raw has used him much better as he became a triple crown champ, won MITB, and hit it big this summer there

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He started the SES there, but his time there and with the group after Jeff left, saw Edge, Taker, Rey, and Show squash him multiple times. Hell a lot of the times they squashed him and his group by themselves. The only time he looked good was with Jeff, as they took his title, his hair, and piled losses on him in horribly bad fashion as the stable leader who got him and his troops ass kicked.

Raw has used him much better
Couldn't agree with you more which is the main reason I want him to stay on Raw. SD just don't know how to use certain people and he was one of them. Punk on Smackdown was fine until after the Taker feud.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
So CM Punk is doing what so many other faces have done before him but were gonna knock him and say he's shit and should go to Smackdown yeah Chad good one (insert sarcasm here).

Except for the fact that you are wrong as he is far from shit now I don't know about the rest of you but CM Punk is one of the main reasons that I am tuning into Raw more so then Smackdown these days along with the fact that Kane is there too because on Smackdown Sheamus is the only guy I have an interest in not that D Brian isn't doing a good job he is but I just don't find him feuding with Big Show very entertaining I may start tuning into smackdown come the Elimination Chamber.
Now for Punk I don't think he should go to Smackdown because he will get buried by Randy Orton who despite what people are saying has not really put anyone over Cody didn't really get put over, Wade is being made to look like a bitch when before he was taking it to Orton and Wade is bigger then Orton never should the bigger guy be the bitch in my view unless the smaller guy is say Undertaker, Kane or even Batista.
If anyone should go over to Smackdown it should be John Cena to give him a breather just to settle things on Raw as I am sure that Raw will survive without Cena there for a while plus he will more then likely be used on the supershow still anyway.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Think he was talking about when his straight edge character emerged feuding with Jeff and also winning the MITB while being on the brand.
Exactly. It was the most interesting evolution of his character as well.

Raw has used him much better
How the fuck did they squash him? If he was squashed, he wouldn't have gained the credibility to move to Raw and have the run he had last year. That whole statement is just flat out wrong. He was also a heel, so what did you expect? Have him go around winning every month against fan favorites like Rey and Jeff? If he did that, then everyone would resent his inability to put people over tenfold more than they do now.

I'll take that SES version of Punk all day long over the arrogant little shit he's become, walking around saying "I'm the best in the world" and nothing else, really.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Still not seeing how him being arrogant and smug is a bad thing when people's complaint about him is that he is becoming Cena like in which case the two don't mix as Cena is humble as they come. Punk has always been that way cause it's who he is in real life love it or hate it. Had Punk still been doing he straight-edge stuff he did on Smackdown then people would have said that was getting old and he needed a change which is what people were saying. Just think people need to chill and be patient when it comes to Punk. Guy gets bored quickly of stuff he is doing so I'm sure in due time he'll start doing stuff to get people fully back on his wagon.

As far as that Smackdown run goes though they just didn't use him right and dropped the ball with him after his feud was done with Jeff.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Did you miss Rey beating every member of SES and him multiple times without losing? Did you miss Taker squashing him in the shortest HIAC ever and never losing after the Teddy screwjob? Did you miss Big Show kick every member of SES's ass, shaving his head, and demasking him for kicks before he beat him again? When Punk went back to Raw he was not credible at all. He was thrust into the midcard where he picked up losses. He had a run as an announcer, and it was an injury a long layoff that benefited him and helped reset the path he was on. He spent months away from the ring and stayed fresh on peoples mind from the booth like King or Booker or JBL. He went from the layoff to failing in yet another stable in Nexus, like The New Breed and SES before it, but he didn't get squashed this time on Raw like he did on SD, every member of his group did. Punk got to steal a win on Randy, then voice his opinions and steal one on Cena in the biggest match and angle of his life. Don't rewrite history Cerbs as you know Raw has always used him better, and you know that real top heels and their stables get wins and screw the top faces over always losing ala HHH, JBL, Flair, and so on bro

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think both of you place entirely too much importance on wins and losses. This is professional wrestling, ok? The wins only matter in regards to who gets the rub. And as much crap as I give Punk for not having ability to put younger stars over, he did a fantastic job making Rey Mysterio seem relevant again. Hell, he made Festus and the bald chick seem relevant (even though all 3 went back to being absolutely nothing after he was through working with them, so he really didn't put any of them over). He was a serious work horse on Smackdown, and I as recall, most people were only watching Smackdown during that time for Punk.

His SES run was unquestionably the most popular angle in wrestling when it was going. Everyone on every forum had their luchador Punk avatars, it was booked very well. It's not like he was going to wear that ridiculous thing for the rest of his career either, so I'm not sure why you're acting surprised he lost it. Just because he didn't carry the World Heavyweight Championship for a lot of that time and was regulated to the mid-card scene, he was far from mid-card entertainment.

But yes, the SES stuff was getting old and it was time for a change. The Nexus angle wasn't very great, but Nexus was already getting old before he took over as their leader. He still maintained a solid heel status the time he was in it. It never once kept him from having a solid Wrestlemania showing either. Even Orton has been getting snubbed at the event in recent years. It's clear WWE didn't want to limit him to a career in stables, which is why he took off so suddenly after Nexus disbanded.

I just don't see how you can have so much faith in a guy that's difficult to build things around. He's proven he's not a great cornerstone various times. And don't blame Smackdown for not giving him a chance either because that's just lol. He took up just as much time on that show as he does on Raw. The only difference is he has a belt on Raw. And I guarantee you when he loses that belt, he'll go right back to the mid-card scene because people in the world title picture need to be able to put people over. That's the whole point of the title. He can do exactly what he does now with or without the title.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can see why Chad25 wants Punk on Smackdown. Smackdown lacks star-power with Orton & Sheamus being the two top draws there, Daniel Bryan as a heel and Henry's injured. They don't need Punk, in fact what Smackdown needs is more heels that can main event. Someone like The Miz.
Orton & Sheamus as faces are enough star power alone, not to mention Sheamus' stock is only going to get higher and higher as the months roll on.

I'd want to see Punk on Smackdown not for reasons that OP stated but because if he was on it and Orton was sent over to Raw Punk could finally be the true number 1 face of a brand and I'd be interested to see how he handles it.
I may be biased or it may be an opinion others may share, but I think Punk would still play second fiddle to Sheamus on SmackDown and not be the undisputed #1 face of the brand

Now for Punk I don't think he should go to Smackdown because he will get buried by Randy Orton who despite what people are saying has not really put anyone over Cody didn't really get put over, Wade is being made to look like a bitch when before he was taking it to Orton and Wade is bigger then Orton never should the bigger guy be the bitch in my view unless the smaller guy is say Undertaker, Kane or even Batista.
Firstly, Cody wouldn't look anywhere near as credible as he currently does if he didn't get involved with Orton. Secondly you mustn't watch SmackDown all too often because no way has Wade been made to look like a bitch, it's the best he's looked in the longest time and no coincidence it was down to feuding with Orton. Thirdly, :RO:

Now i've got that outta the way here goes. Personally I don't think Punk fits on SmackDown anymore, now hear me out. For me, I see RAW as more the entertainment show (despite having some really good matches lately) and SmackDown as the more wrestling based show and despite Punk being a good wrestler and totally capable of fitting into either category, I think he's a better fit on RAW just like Cena, Kane, Miz etc

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think both of you place entirely too much importance on wins and losses. This is professional wrestling, ok? The wins only matter in regards to who gets the rub. And as much crap as I give Punk for not having ability to put younger stars over, he did a fantastic job making Rey Mysterio seem relevant again. Hell, he made Festus and the bald chick seem relevant (even though all 3 went back to being absolutely nothing after he was through working with them, so he really didn't put any of them over). He was a serious work horse on Smackdown, and I as recall, most people were only watching Smackdown during that time for Punk.

His SES run was unquestionably the most popular angle in wrestling when it was going. Everyone on every forum had their luchador Punk avatars, it was booked very well. It's not like he was going to wear that ridiculous thing for the rest of his career either, so I'm not sure why you're acting surprised he lost it. Just because he didn't carry the World Heavyweight Championship for a lot of that time and was regulated to the mid-card scene, he was far from mid-card entertainment.

But yes, the SES stuff was getting old and it was time for a change. The Nexus angle wasn't very great, but Nexus was already getting old before he took over as their leader. He still maintained a solid heel status the time he was in it. It never once kept him from having a solid Wrestlemania showing either. Even Orton has been getting snubbed at the event in recent years. It's clear WWE didn't want to limit him to a career in stables, which is why he took off so suddenly after Nexus disbanded.

I just don't see how you can have so much faith in a guy that's difficult to build things around. He's proven he's not a great cornerstone various times. And don't blame Smackdown for not giving him a chance either because that's just lol. He took up just as much time on that show as he does on Raw. The only difference is he has a belt on Raw. And I guarantee you when he loses that belt, he'll go right back to the mid-card scene because people in the world title picture need to be able to put people over. That's the whole point of the title. He can do exactly what he does now with or without the title.
So in short, IWC blew their load over I'm Straight Edge and Better Than You because it was close to Indy Punk? You know that is the minority right and reality was he was not interesting to the masses, did not garner viewership, did not sell, did not accomplish ant kayfabe title wins, or do anything close in the grand scheme of things like he did on Raw? You are solely talking about message board markism, not tangible results which he has had on Raw in both stints as he actually drew, sold, won titles, and was relevant as a heel and face more than he ever was outside of Jeff Hardy taking three months of his life to make him and for them to squander it after.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Nah wasn't gripping on wins and losses I was gripping on the fact that overall he's looked much better on Raw. He's become a flatout star on Raw since he cut that shoot promo and builded on it. The point you making about him losing the belt and going right back to the midcard don't you think if that was the case it would have happened after he lost the belt to Del Rio via cash in? Instead he still was a main part of the show and is now getting a real title run. Even if he does lose and go back to the midcard like you say he still accomplished way more on Raw than he ever did on Smackdown by a landslide. Being relevant as a midcard/uppercard act has nothing on being relevant as a main event act that he has been for months now on Raw. His feud with Rey was great as far as the matches go and the build but ultimately the feud did more for Rey than it did Punk which you kind of even said so yourself with you saying Punk helped Rey seem relevant again even though he never stopped.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm griping on the fact he was a muthafucking joke point blank after the Jeff feud, him and his group. They had no legit credibility at all as you have to get some wins or at least give some beatdowns to be taken seriously, instead of having 1 guy bitch all 4 of you multiple times.

Raw makes him look legit