Punk Needs To Go To SD.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chadillac

Reaction score
I am tired of tuning into Raw every Monday to see who Punk is going to degrade next. No matter who it is, he rambles on about the same crap about how rediculous his opponent is. The only person he's shown the slightest respect to is Bryan. I guess B/C both men share a little man complex. Hell, if you put The Rock in front of him, he would ramble on about how "bad" he is for the rest of the guys, and go on about how much of a cancer he is.

Punk's whole damn character has become cheesy beyond belief, and even his Blue "Go to Sleep" gestures get on my last damn nerve. He's just sloppy in the ring, fumbles on the mic, and comes across as a complaining wanna be "rebel".

The WWE needs to stop playing dress up with him and send him over to SD, and bring Orton back to Raw. Atleast they could trust Orton to lead it. I'm tired of Punk trying to make Raw ROH. ROH is an indy for a reason. Punk doesnt understand this for some reason. He needs to go to SD untill he shows he's ready to look the part, not just play it

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If this didn't come off as a I hate Punk thread this would have been a good thread idea.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Not gonna lie, I actually preferred Orton over Punk on Raw. And Punk had his best success on Smackdown and it definitely seems like a better environment for him. As much as I like Punk, I've never really felt he was a must-see attraction except for his run last summer. If Punk's character doesn't evolve more after Wrestlemania, I might actually get on board with what Chad is saying here.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Orton isn't exactly must see himself if that is the basis of this though. Like I said this thread just seems to be used as an excuse for chad to shit on Punk which you didn't need a whole thread to do that when you already have. I wouldn't mind him on SD but not for the "Reason" brought up in this thread but for the fact of a Punk/Bryan feud or something. Otherwise rather just keep him on Raw.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I actually preferred Orton over Punk on Raw. And Punk had his best success on Smackdown and it definitely seems like a better environment for him. As much as I like Punk, I've never really felt he was a must-see attraction except for his run last summer. If Punk's character doesn't evolve more after Wrestlemania, I might actually get on board with what Chad is saying here.

I know what I said came across pretty harsh, but sometimes the truth is harsh. They moved Orton to accomodate Punk. So then Punk figures the only way to really make him self look legit, is to trash everybody in the worst way every week. I didn't like how he did Delrio, and I dont like how he does everybody else. But when it came to bryan, who is by any means more of a coward than ANY punk opponent, he goes on to legitimize him, except for a few caviots. Some BS about being a role model.

I just know that he'll begin to tear down guys who are coming up the ladder, and destroy their momentum.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Orton isn't exactly must see himself if that is the basis of this though. Like I said this thread just seems to be used as an excuse for chad to shit on Punk which you didn't need a whole thread to do that when you already have. I wouldn't mind him on SD but not for the "Reason" brought up in this thread but for the fact of a Punk/Bryan feud or something. Otherwise rather just keep him on Raw.
Orton can put other people over.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That didn't get brought up though until you just said it now. Orton is only 31 pretty sure if they moved him back to Raw it wouldn't be to put Dolph Ziggler over but rather a welcome back to the main event scene as he's been taking a break from the title picture which I' am surprised he has as long as he has. Then people will just say Orton is burying people on Raw instead of people claiming he is doing it on Smackdown.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I can see why Chad25 wants Punk on Smackdown. Smackdown lacks star-power with Orton & Sheamus being the two top draws there, Daniel Bryan as a heel and Henry's injured. They don't need Punk, in fact what Smackdown needs is more heels that can main event. Someone like The Miz.

What RAW needs is more mid-card feuds, the same could be said about Smackdown. I don't think CM Punk should move anywhere while I'm not a huge fan of his current reign he is entertaining and doing his best on RAW. I believe CM Punk should stay on RAW for at least another year and see how he goes there, John Cena could do with going to Smackdown however. It'd give him something fresh and new seeing he isn't the top draw anymore.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Orton isn't exactly must see himself if that is the basis of this though. Like I said this thread just seems to be used as an excuse for chad to shit on Punk. I wouldn't mind him on SD but not for the "Reason" brought up in this thread but for the fact of a Punk/Bryan feud or something. Otherwise rather just keep him on Raw.

I guess you need to go check the Financial statements durring '09 when Legacy WAS Raw. It was WWE's most successfull year since '01. Orton was a money magnent, while Punk just has been restrained from leading Raw B/C of the financial indicators. That is all objectivly true. He's great for the IWC. But I am more concerned with the company's financial success. When they are booming, like '09, it's a reflection of the entertainment product. Punk has it in his head WWE should look more like ROH. ROH is an Indy for a reason. WWE is WWE for a reason. "Change" is not degrading everything that made WWE great. He is quite dismissve of those who came before him.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Orton can put other people over.

He can but he barely does. This is one of my main gripes with Orton. When he puts people over he does it really well but more often then now he makes people look like complete idiots in feuds. Remember Kofi Kingston's push that got killed because of Orton?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
blah blah blah blah blah WWE money blah blah blah Financial blah blah
That is what I got from your post since you wanna respond with stuff I don't care about. Seems like Cerbs or even Andrew would have been better off making this thread since those responses were unbiased reasons as why or why not he should stay on Raw or go SD rather than coming off as this obsessed gripe you have against Punk.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Chad, the WWE know what they're doing. Sure he may have a few down sides but you're basically bashing him for loads of shit and then saying he'd be should be on Smackdown, tell me how would he help Smackdown if he's shit like you suggested?

Don Draper

Reaction score
I'd want to see Punk on Smackdown not for reasons that OP stated but because if he was on it and Orton was sent over to Raw Punk could finally be the true number 1 face of a brand and I'd be interested to see how he handles it. On Raw with Cena no one could ever be the true number 1 face so he'd need his own show to be the top star of. Plus I'd love to see him have great matches/fueds with Bryan, Rhodes and Barrett.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Punk had great SD success. Big Show and Rey's squash bitch.