PS3 game save transfers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Okay so my old PS3 went to pasture months ago. I finally got a new PS3... the slim one. And I finally got a mounting bracket for that one. I put the hard drive in the new mounting bracket and put it in the system. Then I turned the system on and it did some process with the hard drive but then its like none of the info from that hard drive transferred over at all... so

Is it possible that it formatted the hard drive and deleted everything? Or is it possible that my info and all my game saves and everything are still on it and how would I be able to put it on the new system cause I would rather not have to play everything all over again to get to where I was before. Cause that was tons of hours of work to get every game to where it was before the old system quit on me.

Kassidy

Reaction score
What exactly did you do?

I have only successfully transferred data by connecting two ps3s by Ethernet and one harddrive gets copied to the other. What option did you select and I'm slightly confused what you need mounting bracket for.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
well the old PS3 experienced the yellow light of death so it wouldn't turn on no matter what I did to it so I took out that hard drive and I needed a mounting bracket cause I had the fat PS3 and was moving the hard drive from it to the slim PS3 and they have different mounting brackets...

I'm just not sure how I could transfer from the old PS3 to this one if it wouldn't turn on so I just took that hard drive out and put it in the new one... and it said something about I inserted a new hard drive and transfer stuff from the internal hard drive to the external one... and then it did that. But I don't think the system is reading from that hard drive just yet even though it is installed.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well looking around at everything... looks like I'ma have to bring my old PS3 back to life in order to get this transfer going. Then all I would then need to do is get my hard drive to get everything uploaded to the new PS3. that is the only issue I'm having right now.

I'ma work on the fat PS3 one day. I've found a couple vids on youtube to try to work on getting it fixed.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Should've just spent some money on the playstation plus and avoid the long ass ethernet transfer. But would'ves,should'ves and could'ves don't help nothing. But it makes me feel superior.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If you have one of them in your area, go to Video Game Exchange (now called Gameware here) and they can transfer data from ps3 hard drives or even repair broken systems

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
If you have one of them in your area, go to Video Game Exchange (now called Gameware here) and they can transfer data from ps3 hard drives or even repair broken systems

Never heard of a place like that... but that does sound nice. How much would they charge to repair a broken system?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Never heard of a place like that... but that does sound nice. How much would they charge to repair a broken system?

Those kinds of places charge more than the console would be to buy brand new again. My friends Xbox rlod and the repair service here was something like $250 when a new console was $200. Like Deezy said, best option is PS+, and save to the cloud.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Depends on the system. They have a $75 fee for a 360 and a $100 fee for a ps3. They also repaire handhelds and old systems, they even sell old systems and import games

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Those kinds of places charge more than the console would be to buy brand new again. My friends Xbox rlod and the repair service here was something like $250 when a new console was $200. Like Deezy said, best option is PS+, and save to the cloud.

Would the old system need to be able to work at all if I were to do that?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If you had already been using the cloud, it would be the simplest way. Its a hindsight statement, that I think would be the best option so that if by chance it happens again, you will be able to recover without an issue. Its what I use having had the ylod once before.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
If you had already been using the cloud, it would be the simplest way. Its a hindsight statement, that I think would be the best option so that if by chance it happens again, you will be able to recover without an issue. Its what I use having had the ylod once before.

Well yeah hindsight definitely. I don't really wanna do it... but it seems like the best option.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Honestly, at the $50/year price point, the deals, and freebies alone will cover the cost after a few months. Borderlands 2 with all the DLC cost me less than the game alone would have new. The cloud is nice, I really couldn't afford a new PS3 when the last one ylod on me, so I had to get a refurbished fat model, and the decision to go with cloud saving was based on the fact that if this one does it again, I will already have my save files and account easily recovered to a new system.

Not like the problems I am having right now trying to get my friends 360 gamertag back. Guy only has an internet connection, and Microsoft wants a cell phone, or home phone number under his name to verify the user before they recover it for him.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Dang. well after I hopefully get this old PS3 up and running and transfer everything over... I'll be doing that. That way I won't have to go through this sort of ordeal a second time.

I tried to repair it... didn't work. But I am glad that it still at least turned on... so I'ma wind up shipping it out to Atlanta to a shop up there and have them repair it for 70.

Last edited: