Priceless ? and how long will it last.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cenaspinner84

Reaction score
I just want everyones thoughts and comments about the new tag team champions Ted debiasie and Cody roads. How long do you think it will last before one of them gets jealous of the other 1st and turn's on each other. or will they last and do you like them. Thoughts comments suggestions please.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
I just want everyones thoughts and comments about the new tag team champions Ted debiasie and Cody roads. How long do you think it will last before one of them gets jealous of the other 1st and turn's on each other. or will they last and do you like them. Thoughts comments suggestions please.
DiBiase*
Rhodes*
??
eachother*

Well they will be pretty dominant for a long time with their Tag Titles. They're doing pretty good imo and I would hate to see them turn on eachother and I would think it'd be pretty dumb.

Travis40

I like the way they're going right now and I just hope they don't break up in the near future..at least let them tag until mid 2009. DiBiase turns on Rhodes...DiBiase for IC Title at SummerSlam 2009!

Cenaspinner84

Reaction score
I would love to see them dominate for a while then one of em win one more belt than the other like get the tag team belts and ted debiasie get the intercontinental belt and rhoads get jelous and start a fude

fteezy

Reaction score
Rhodes is so uncoordinate.. i don't like him at all.. and his horrible slur on the mic lol. He just doesnt have "that look".. and he tries to hard.. Dibiase on the other hand - just "has it".. his swagger, his look, his mic skills, the Priceless gimmmick, the theme.. everything about him works - thats why they come out to his music. He reminds me of a rookie Randy Orton

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Team Priceless is so uncharismatic and boring, they're holding on by the tethers to their fathers' legacies and it's the only way they'll get over. They seem like carbon copies of Randy Orton to me, and lo and behold, wasn't his father in the business, too? I'm tired of these second/third generation guys coming in and taking the spotlight of other workers who've been working hard.

Sgt Xtreme

Reaction score
DiBiase I don't really have that much of a problem with. I think he could do great as a singles heel in the upper mid-card division. Rhodes on the other hand I could care less about. I'd rather see Goldust walking around ranting on how much he wants Booker T's nuts, than see Cody in general.

The tag team division is nothing anymore. So why have it? Honestly I think it would be better if Cody went back to being a face. Feuding with DiBiase for a little while. By the next Draft Lottery Cody ends up on the WWECW shit brand. And DiBiase gets a push toward the IC Championship.

Airfixx

It's hard to consider a team to be truly dominant when the tag division only has one other team.

I'm struggling to work out what they've been pushed to exactly.

I'm thinking the split will come sooner than rather than later.

Moonlight Drive

^^As it does with any team who is anywhere near half decent in the WWE

and they are getting pushed to to the moon imo. DiBiase pinned Cena, even if it was a roll-up, he PINNED CENA. Not many can claim that lately.

But yeah, it's hard not to be dominant when there is one o ther team. But I still love watching them, Ted is much better than Cody, but what WCW Rules has merit. Orton, DiBiase, Rhodes, they all look, wrestle and perform alike imo. Even look at the way Cody sells, it's like Orton, his body gets limper as he gets hit

the-gaffer

Reaction score
I want them to stay together for at least another year, they have the look and they are learning the charisma, I do think Di Biase is a future world champion though however Rhodes is growing on me by the day as well, he looks more comfortable on the mic alongside Di Biase

Airfixx

and they are getting pushed to the moon imo.

I didn't mean metaphorically, I meant literally....

Unless they stretch the idea of them being a tagteam to just being generally affiliated (more like a 2-man faction - Teaming up when necessary, but persuing singles gold at the same time) I don't know what WWE expects to do with them for the foreseeable future... Cryme Tyme kinda suck if you asked me so a ddrawn out fued with them won't be fitting of the push the are getting (see I acknowledge they are being pushed!).

How the fuck are they gonna get any PPV matches until they split?

Even if, as rumour suggests, they join an Orton-led faction they'd effectively just be henchemen for reasons stated above.

I really liked the idea of ted turning on Cody right after winning the tag belts and claiming that as Cody wasn't contracted as his partner for the match, that he could retain the right to wrestle with whoever as his partner (and end up choosing an Umaga-type figure as his new partner).... (Cite Ted snr as the man behind the dodgy contract if necessary.)

This would have gotten Ted over as a heel even more and Cody would have had the best shot he's likely to have to PROPERLY get over as a face (and if he did stll fail, fuck it, at least we got the bwoy TDJnr!).

noumenon

I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon...they've only been together for a few months. I'm sure WWE is just using the tag team as a tool to groom both of them and see what they're capable of. I think we'll most likely see DiBiase shine in both personality and ability by the end of this tag team. I'm sure we'll see at least another half a year out of them.

LadyHotrod

I don't think they'll turn on each other. I think they'll get pushed as a tag team and then when they are pushed enough, they'll just break up and fight as singles.

Axis

DiBiase*
Rhodes*
??
eachother*

Well they will be pretty dominant for a long time with their Tag Titles. They're doing pretty good imo and I would hate to see them turn on eachother and I would think it'd be pretty dumb.

Before you go about as the prick who fixes others' grammar, you should know that "eachother" is not a word. The topic creator was correct. It is two separate words.

As for the topic, I love this team and I think they'll be around for a while. If the WWE is serious about a tag team division (which I'm still skeptical to), then I believe that it will be built around this team.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^I thought you could spell it "eachother" or "each other" but that's just what I thought and I may be wrong.

Atm Priceless could go on until spring '09 if you ask me and have Ted form an alliance with someone like JBL (maybe as a manager or in a sort "you watch my back, I watch yours" sorta thing) and have them beatdown Cody and then just move Cody quietly to SD while Ted works his way up to the ME of Raw over a few years.

^^That would be what I would have ideally as a plan.

Now Ted DiBiase could easily become a Main Eventer in 2-3 years but he needs something that makes him different from Randy Orton because it just wouldn't work to have 2 clones in the same ME division.

As for Cody Rhodes, he is going nowhere higher than the IC division (that's my opinion and will stay my opinion until he can manage to change my mind) and a move to SD imo won't get him any higher than he is on Raw it just seperates all his links with DiBiase and on SD Cody could possibly be a mainstay in the midcard for a while (like Matt Hardy kinda was) and possibly get pushed in a few years or something when he's matured but until then there isn't much for him.