Pressure on Laurinaitis to re-sign Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah,if he can't get Rey re-signed when his contratc is up, then he should be fired. The list of peolpe that he has failed to re-sign is pretty impressive, i'm sure WWE would love to have Jericho and Mvp right now,and i'm sure they'd love to have Cm Punk long term. I thought he'd be fired after not getting Cm Punk re-signed, so he'll deffinetely be gone if he can't get a deal done with Rey.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
You can't fault him for not resigning Jericho or Punk. They have their own agendas. Now if he pisses off Rey who seems like the guy who would stay around until he retires then maybe I'd see something to this. He has a stressful job that I doubt any of us could handle and for the most part he has had a good track record in the past. There is no way I could justify myself saying he should be let go. I shouldn't have any say when it comes to a person of his stature that makes the kind of money he does. It's not like he's an overpriced actor, celebrity or something that is always on the news.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well, i think anybody who works for Vince Mcmahon has a stressful job. But i get what your saying. And i think he will get Rey resigned, and i do think that Rey will retire with the WWE.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
In fariness to the guy though how much power does he actually have to sign guys to new deals because to me he seems like the inbetween guy or the negotiator between the talent and the Vince's etc, while Vince and his crew are the ones who decide what terms they sign on?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah that's true, he is more like an in between guy. And just curious,if he were to get fred do you think that they would offer the job back to Jim Ross, if he did such a good job with that postion in the company?

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
I highly doubt JR would want that job. From the sounds of his blog he's got his hands full with his store, appearances, and trying to enjoy himself. He doesn't want to necessarily come back full time announcing, so getting a full time job in talent relations would probably fall in the same category.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah he's also tied up with his Restaurant which I got a signed Lil' Partner's menu of. I wonder where I got that.

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
Haha. Signed kids menu is where the big time is! I ordered some sauce and got one of those also, but I gave it away to a good buddy.

AF.

Reaction score
I think it's more of the state of wrestling that's causing wrestlers to not re-sign, not Laurinaitis.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
How can he "get" people to re-sign? If they want time off, they're not gonna re-sign because nothing is gonna change the fact that they're burnt out. The schedule is too rough to maintain for this long. Laurinaitis has nothing to do with creative either, so if the issue is how they're being used, that blame falls on Vince, Stephanie and Triple H, not Johnny Ace. I know that he's not well liked but this still seems particularly unfair to pin a talents refusal to sign on his shoulders. This is why Vince should be the one handling the hirings, firings and re-signings. All of the issues the talent have ultimately boil down to him, and HE needs to address them, not somebody who he can use as a scapegoat to take the fallout for his own failures.