Possible Heel turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Wade Barrett is damn impressive. Is there anybody in the midcard that would be a believable leader of Nexus? I can't think of anybody that would be believable really...

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^ I agree. Screw any top star. Nexus can do fine with Barrett as the leader. It would make no sense to have anyone else be the leader especially with that little interaction with Chris Jericho on RAW where Barrett literally says "I'm doing what you taught me". Only ass-backwards booking (AKA TNA Booking) would bring in some one who has had no relation with the storyline. This is just another example of WWE not having enough faith in their younger stars to get over so they clusterfuck another star in there. Don't do it. Let HHH come back to a face reaction then build back into being a heel and move into a high profile feud.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Why do they need to add more people to the group? They don't need a new leader. Let Nexus be Nexus. Bringing in a big star and having them be the leader will only lead to them over shadowing the entire group.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Personally i would prefere trips to heel out by being the one that put Taker out. Rather than be the leader of Nexus. I think he would get better heel heat for taking taker out than he would leading nexus.

I agree Barett is doing a solid job as leader and i think he is more than capable of pulling the leader role off with out any top star help.

But if it does come down to it and it's betweem either Cena or Trips, Then my vote would be HHH would make more sense than Cena leading them.

noumenon

Reaction score
As I said.... it all fits..

Arn Anderson warned Sheamus he should really do something about Nexus.
Arn Anderson and Triple H... see any connection there?
HHH is revealed as their leader, taking out Sheamus for what he did to him at Extreme Rules... Arn Anderson's advice bites Sheamus in the ass.

You then have a completely fresh HHH as heel, perhaps weeding Nexus down to just a few members... preferably Barrett, Gabriel and Otunga....essentially becoming Evolution V2 with HHH in more of the Flair role allowing these guys to shine while still receiving the rub from HHH.

kingovkings

Reaction score
As I said.... it all fits..

Arn Anderson warned Sheamus he should really do something about Nexus.
Arn Anderson and Triple H... see any connection there?
HHH is revealed as their leader, taking out Sheamus for what he did to him at Extreme Rules... Arn Anderson's advice bites Sheamus in the ass.

You then have a completely fresh HHH as heel, perhaps weeding Nexus down to just a few members... preferably Barrett, Gabriel and Otunga....essentially becoming Evolution V2 with HHH in more of the Flair role allowing these guys to shine while still receiving the rub from HHH.

This^^^^ could work :)

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Triple H, again, is not taking the backseat to a bunch of rookies in the title hunt if he's got any control in any of the situation.

IMO, if you're going to turn Cena heel, it has to be at the peak of his high... get him the title, get MITB on a true heel who can generate a crazy buzz, have Cena retain when MITB is cashed in after a gruesome match... and then have him come out sometime in the coming weeks and do some crazy shit like take Orton out during a #1 contender's match... and then have him shit on the fans... err... WWE Universe >_>!!!

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, neither is his heel turn. He's wanted to do the heel turn since the crowds initially started to turn on him - and the E has told him no. Now he's got more support/less negative reaction - it'll be even more difficult.

BTW, noum... why on Earth would Triple H be turning heel if his plot is revenge on Raw's kayfabe top heel? If Triple H is associated with Nexus, he'd automatically turn them into faces. If it turned Triple H heel, that would result in Sheamus becoming face... and his potential as a heel is far too great to switch him as well.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I think you're hinting at a Sheamus face turn that WWE is simply not ready for

CMS

Reaction score
Nexus needs a leader for the storyline to make sense. Yeah, Barret is badass and he could carry the stable. But Barret as a leader would only make sense if they were just trying to get the contracts. They got them. The minute they beat the crap out of Vince Mcmahon and said they were doing it for a bigger picture and a higher power, you immediately need a leader.

Cena makes no sense. So he was the higher power that commanded Nexus to beat himself into a stretcher, attack all the other wrestlers for helping him take Nexus down and he even went as far as commanding Nexus to screw him twice and probably coming off this sunday three times out of the WWE Championship. McFly, you're in idiot.

Besides, considering the reason Nexus is over as heels is because they are feuding with John Cena, it would make no sense for them to reverse that situation.

HHH on the other hand makes total sense. I don't think if HHH turns heel on this angle he would go directly after Sheamus. I think they will have HHH explain he wanted full control of Raw. That's why he took down Bret Hart, he took down Vince Mcmahon and he enlisted Nexus as his hitmen. Hell, they can go all the way and link both storylines, having HHH as the anonymous GM, who has been biased towards Nexus all this time btw. A drunk of power Triple H, who says he has now full control of the company his senile father in law ran to the ground, faces John Cena for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series.

Just some fantasy booking

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Nexus needs a leader for the storyline to make sense. Yeah, Barret is badass and he could carry the stable. But Barret as a leader would only make sense if they were just trying to get the contracts. They got them. The minute they beat the crap out of Vince Mcmahon and said they were doing it for a bigger picture and a higher power, you immediately need a leader.

Cena makes no sense. So he was the higher power that commanded Nexus to beat himself into a stretcher, attack all the other wrestlers for helping him take Nexus down and he even went as far as commanding Nexus to screw him twice and probably coming off this sunday three times out of the WWE Championship. McFly, you're in idiot.

Besides, considering the reason Nexus is over as heels is because they are feuding with John Cena, it would make no sense for them to reverse that situation.

HHH on the other hand makes total sense. I don't think if HHH turns heel on this angle he would go directly after Sheamus. I think they will have HHH explain he wanted full control of Raw. That's why he took down Bret Hart, he took down Vince Mcmahon and he enlisted Nexus as his hitmen. Hell, they can go all the way and link both storylines, having HHH as the anonymous GM, who has been biased towards Nexus all this time btw. A drunk of power Triple H, who says he has now full control of the company his senile father in law ran to the ground, faces John Cena for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series.

Just some fantasy booking

Nah, reaching as far as possible. You'd have to explain why Shane or Stephanie don't take over when Vince loses power.... and what on Earth would Triple H's beef with Michael Cole be? Seriously?

I'm sticking with Jim Ross as the GM, and "overseer" of Nexus' plans. BTW, (random thought) I hope I'm not the only one who sees Nexus either expanding, or dropping the dead weight and adding fresh, more talented season 2 guys >_>.

Cena's turn would have made sense if they exposed it immediately. Now he's so entrenched in this storyline as the victim it would be stupid to have him join forces (and potentially bury him beneath Wade if you do so).

If Triple H has anything to do with Nexus, you have to avoid him being in any position where he's not the focal point in the ring... which only buries Nexus, and this whole thing ends up being pointless.

JR FTW.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I don't see Nexus lasting up until the end of season 2 NXT

noumenon

Reaction score
Nah, reaching as far as possible. You'd have to explain why Shane or Stephanie don't take over when Vince loses power.... and what on Earth would Triple H's beef with Michael Cole be? Seriously?

I'm sticking with Jim Ross as the GM, and "overseer" of Nexus' plans. BTW, (random thought) I hope I'm not the only one who sees Nexus either expanding, or dropping the dead weight and adding fresh, more talented season 2 guys >_>.

Cena's turn would have made sense if they exposed it immediately. Now he's so entrenched in this storyline as the victim it would be stupid to have him join forces (and potentially bury him beneath Wade if you do so).

If Triple H has anything to do with Nexus, you have to avoid him being in any position where he's not the focal point in the ring... which only buries Nexus, and this whole thing ends up being pointless.

JR FTW.

...because Shane is no longer affiliated with the company and HHH is banging Steph..both in kayfabe and real life.

Reaction score
As far as a Cena heel turn comes, it needs to be against the Undertaker around WrestleMania time. They should kind of strap him with an obsessed gimmick, like they gave HBK, as there is nothing left for him to do but break the streak. Just have him crush every face the way he crushes every heel. He would be an insanely believable monster and Cena-Taker is basically the only money match they have in the bag, until Sheamus and Barrett headline a show in England in a few years.

CMS

Reaction score
Besides RKO Legacy, what are you talking about Michael Cole? You have to remember the first attacks were per the command of Vince mcmahon, they have already established that.

Triple H could easily come out and say he let Nexus follow Vince's intructions on that command (Nexus has already admitted they indeed followed the lead of Vince, but that they werent under his control) to let him clear the path for himself. Besides, you say HHH would have to be the focal "in ring" man in the angle....he would, he would be facing Cena for the WWE Championship. He would have earned control of WWE so to speak and he would be chasing the last feat of his plan, the championship.

As for McFly, you're an idiot because you don't get it. Nobody is saying John Cena might not turn heel at some point. All what the thinking people in here are saying is that turning Cena in this angle makes no sense. Not only does it not make sense, but it would kill the entire angle. So Cena commanded Nexus to attack him, screw him out of the WWE Championship...for what? What the hell would Cena's motivation me? You would just be wasting quite possibly the biggest heel turn since Wrestlemania X7 in an angle that makes no sense just for the sake of making the turn.