Pokemon 5th gen/general discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ahorrig

Reaction score
So, have any of you guys got pokemon black or white(or still play any of the others)

seX-Power

Reaction score
i bought black and it was pretty fun for the week i played it before getting bored. having all new pokemon is pretty cool. the grass starter looking like a fucking badass so i used that one. yeah.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I like how there is lots of gameplay, like after the elite four, where you can catch numerous legendaries.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big fan of the little pocket monsters, up until Soul Silver, which is an awesome port of my favorite game in the series.

As far as this year's version goes, I thought it might be at least as good as the 4th gen versions, until I saw something about a freakin' trash can Pokemon and I was out. These developers have released the same damn game with more and more lazy and unimagitive Pokemon for the last time! ...until my girlfriend got the game, which means I should get it too, right? >_> But no way am I wasting 40 bucks on B/W when I know full well they're going to release a better version "Pokemon Gray" or something next year.

Any notable changes to 5th gen or general cool stuff?

nation

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big fan of the little pocket monsters, up until Soul Silver, which is an awesome port of my favorite game in the series.

As far as this year's version goes, I thought it might be at least as good as the 4th gen versions, until I saw something about a freakin' trash can Pokemon and I was out. These developers have released the same damn game with more and more lazy and unimagitive Pokemon for the last time! ...until my girlfriend got the game, which means I should get it too, right? >_> But no way am I wasting 40 bucks on B/W when I know full well they're going to release a better version "Pokemon Gray" or something next year.

Any notable changes to 5th gen or general cool stuff?

In terms of having the most Pokemon, it will be the "better" version but the story will be very different as the story in every generation is changed up to be fresh from the original two games each generation. So I would say it's worth it to get Black or White and then get Grey when it comes out.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
In terms of having the most Pokemon, it will be the "better" version but the story will be very different as the story in every generation is changed up to be fresh from the original two games each generation. So I would say it's worth it to get Black or White and then get Grey when it comes out.

What?

Sapphire/Ruby story: Two teams fight to summon a land or sea legendary, you catch one.

Emerald Story: Two teams fight to summon a land or sea legendary, you catch both. + Rayquaza and numerous technical improvements.

D/P Story: Madman wants to unleash time or space legendary and destroy the world, you catch one.

Platinum story: Madman wants to summon a time or space legendary to destroy the world, you catch both, plus Giratina involvement and numerous technical improvements.

I'm guessing B/W goes something like...Team so-and-so wants to summon a legendary Pokemon for some reason, and you catch one?

How are those stories worth 40 extra bucks between R/S/E and D/P/P and so on?

nation

Reaction score
What?

Sapphire/Ruby story: Two teams fight to summon a land or sea legendary, you catch one.

Emerald Story: Two teams fight to summon a land or sea legendary, you catch both. + Rayquaza and numerous technical improvements.

D/P Story: Madman wants to unleash time or space legendary and destroy the world, you catch one.

Platinum story: Madman wants to summon a time or space legendary to destroy the world, you catch both, plus Giratina involvement and numerous technical improvements.

I'm guessing B/W goes something like...Team so-and-so wants to summon a legendary Pokemon for some reason, and you catch one?

How are those stories worth 40 extra bucks between R/S/E and D/P/P and so on?

Who cares? Emerald and Platinum are amazing. The stories that revolve around the legendary's are good. I never said it was Final Fantasy or something but the stories in those games are good and the path they took with Emerald and Platinum is superb. I loved Ruby but then I loved Emerald much more. So yes, it's quite worth it to get Black or White and eventually, Grey.

seX-Power

Reaction score
The story for Black and White is actually pretty great, and most of the pokemon are alright although they're always a few shit ones. Biggest change is the camera angles which just make it overall cooler to play.

ahorrig

Reaction score
While it is true that pokemon like the ice cream cone and trash can are quite bad, the game is awesome. The pokemon actually move during the battles, and you can see properly their moves and who it hits. In this game Team Plasma summon reshiram(pokemon black) or zekrom(pokemon white) and it leads to probably the best cutscene in pokemons history. It surpasses any rayquaza/giratina moment ever. I love how you dont just see the same pokemon from other gens as before, as throughout the game, you ONLY see 5th gen pokemon. (after the game you can catch many others from other gens) And yes, the camera actually changes its angles during the battles, adding to the effect. As for a possible pokemon "grey" they will certainly add something to it to make it exciting. I say it is definitely worth it. I will also be doing wifi battles soon once i can fix the error code i get which is 51100. So yeah, i would say it is worth it, and if pokemon "grey" is not different, you will certainly know.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Who cares? Emerald and Platinum are amazing. The stories that revolve around the legendary's are good. I never said it was Final Fantasy or something but the stories in those games are good and the path they took with Emerald and Platinum is superb. I loved Ruby but then I loved Emerald much more. So yes, it's quite worth it to get Black or White and eventually, Grey.

Ding ding. That's my entire point. I don't care about the story or cutscenes in freakin' Pokemon, i'm just saying the 3rd one, Grey, if you will, will be a much improved version of essentially the same game as B/W, Emerald and Platinum were way awesome, but I felt like a dupe for buying Sapphire and Diamond. No way am I putting down 40 bucks just to buy the 3rd too for 40 more, i'm sure B/W is awesome, no hate. It's just a money issue personally.

Having said that, i'll probably still buy it whenever I find a used copy at Gamestop, then trade in when Platinum comes out, then report how cool it is here. ;D

ahorrig

Reaction score
I finally got nintendo wifi working. Anyone up for a trade, battle etc?

ahorrig

Reaction score
I have two pokemon im willing to trade over wifi. Its a Escavalier, over level 60 with moves: Iron head, X-scissor, Slash and bug buzz. Also a cofagrigus over level 60 with: toxic, shadow ball, and two other moves i forgot.
Also am willing to trade ANY gen 1-4 pokemon for strong unova ones. I have arceus, giratina, mewtwo, in shiny forms at lots of levels and can get my hands on any pokemon in those gens. And im also up for battling someone, preferably flat levels(all pokemon over level 50 get put back to level 50)