Poké-Chat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Think Mimikyu, but with a regenerating disguise
I am just confused cause the UK isn't that cold compared to other places and this little dude legit has an ice cube head. lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Usually one of them stands out to me and none are. Maaaan. I don't know what they changed but I'll be hoping the next game is better. I hope it is at least enjoyable for people who bought the game. Like the way it plays and the story.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
As someone who played it all afternoon yesterday, I like a lot of new pokemon and I have been having fun. Max raids are genuinely fun to do with friends and so far the story and gyms in isn't blowing me away, but has been very enjoyable.

AND I NAMED MY SCORBUNNY HOT BUNS AND AN APPLE POKEMON SNAPPLE!

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
To give a small bit of detail before work if I can:

The games start off pretty quick and you don't need to go far to get your starter like Alola, and I feel it is less hand holdy as there is no tutorial every ten minutes, you can skip them and for example if you caught a Pokemon before the tutorial they are like "Hey, you know this, awesome, here are some extra Pokeballs." And for Dynamaxing, I only had two gyms so far with type coverage so it is hard to tell from battles, but I appreciate you can't just nuke Bug Catcher Timmy with it on Route 1 and in Max Raids it is actually kinda fun. I did two with my friend Merc and the first... An NPC trainer had giga drain against a Wooper soo yeah. The second actually was a little more challenge and we faced a Ralts, a Pokemon we both love.

So yeah, having fun so far.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
To give a small bit of detail before work if I can:

The games start off pretty quick and you don't need to go far to get your starter like Alola, and I feel it is less hand holdy as there is no tutorial every ten minutes, you can skip them and for example if you caught a Pokemon before the tutorial they are like "Hey, you know this, awesome, here are some extra Pokeballs."

Well, I am glad they fixed that. The hand-holding and not being able to skip tutorials has always annoyed me.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Well, I am glad they fixed that. The hand-holding and not being able to skip tutorials has always annoyed me.

Yeah, and the only other "tutorial stuff" is just a text box during your first Gym battle to quickly explain "Hey, you can dynamax here, it boosts your pokemon's moves and HP for three turns, can only do it once" and when you do Pokemon camp or a Max Raid. It is quick, you read through like one or two text boxes and you're in.

I will admit I haven't had a major challenge yet. Mainly because I have type coverage for the gyms and an important trainer or two, but it is also early game so it isn't normally a challenge. But there were a couple Trainers that gave me a bit of hassel. I am sure if I didn't have a grass type or a fire and flying type, the first two gyms woulda been harder as they were grass then water. And I am sure the next gym, fire won't be hard thanks to my Dreadnaw named Chewbert, a Water/Rock type.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Aleister is my favorite gym leader...especially since it is a reference to Aleister Crowley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Aleister is my favorite gym leader...especially since it is a reference to Aleister Crowley

If you get to the Fairy gym. You will love the gym leader Opal.

Also got to the ice gym last night. Honestly, really enjoying it and the story while not on the level of depth yet of say Gen 5 or Alola, characters have been developing nicely with some nice moments which made me nearly piss myself laughing.

Only major knock is I find the game pretty easy. There were a few small moments where I had to play smart and have like 2 or 3 faints on my team, but haven't felt at risk of losing.

Dynamaxing battle wise I haven't found it over powered yet. I will see more once I face Human characters with it but from what I know it is mainly a temp HP boost and increase to move powers. You can still counter it well and potentially may provide depth with getting the right time to use it, but as it lasts 3 turns you aren't going to sweep with it but potentially you get pressure on. But if you use it at the wrong time you can really fall behind and it isn't something you can do turn one and instantly win a 6v6 battle with.

Oh, and the locations have been varried and great with my personal favs so far being the ice gym city, Hammerlocke, and the Fairy town is my fav town in any Pokemon game.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I don't have the game, and just seen videos. But why would I love Opal for?

She is genuinely funny and has some great lines which give you a chuckle along with a unique gym concept.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I would be honest in saying I don't have the money situation just to buy something these days, but I was really hype to play this Game. Even though I didn't like the Dynamax thing I know when a Rom Hack of the Game comes out and you know it's going to happen within a few Years I'll be playing for sure.