Plans for the ECW Title @ WM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

TWO said:
Regarding plans for the ECW Championship at WrestleMania XXV, well, there aren't any.

Unless plans change just before the show (or they do a dark match), ECW Champion Jack Swagger will not be defending his belt at the pay-per-view.

Vince McMahon lost faith in Swagger after his lackluster outing with Finlay at last month's No Way Out pay-per-view. While McMahon still wants to push him, they don't feel he's ready for live television quite yet.

Had McMahon decided on letting Swagger compete at WrestleMania, his opponent would have been Evan Bourne. As a result, he will be left off the card too.

In another sign indicating the company has no plans on having an ECW Championship match take place at WrestleMania, company officials opted to make next week's edition of ECW on Sci Fi an "All-Divas" special promoting the 25-Diva Battle Royal instead of building towards something regarding the ECW Championship at the event. Following next week's show, there will only be one week to go and almost no time to build up an ECW match at WrestleMania. WWE wanted to make use of next week's episode of ECW to at least promote something relevant regarding WrestleMania, hence the "All-Divas" special.

28he92t.jpg

Moonlight Drive

Lol, sucks for ECW.

Chuck and his freaky ideas are actually going to happen? =/

Montana

That's Ghay. (not too surprising though)

They have Henry, FInlay, and Christian in the MITB and Miz/Morrison in a tag match.....Swagger is like the only guy in ECW without a match (just about, you know what i mean)

This is about as bad as leaving Priceless off of the card.

Moonlight Drive

I've gotta admit though, I'm glad they added the Mizorrison vs Colons match to the card, presumably taking the spot of the ECW title match.

Soulpower

I feel sorry for Evan Bourne. Dude doesn't get a WM match (Nor a WM payday) because Swagger couldn't have a good match on PPV.

Hometown Kid

Dammit, I was hoping Bourne would come back and win the ECW title at Mania. :sad: But how does Mark Henry get a MITB spot yet no Swagger or Bourne? >_> Now with Swagger's "I look handsome!" 30 second promo last week, do they have ANY idea what they're doing with him?

seX-Power

I don't like Swagger vs Bourne being left off Wresltemania, it could have been a good match. I feel we might see it at Backlash though. An all divas ECW is pwnage tbh, should be an interesting show to say the least.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
An All Divas ECW no matter how interesting, will most likely be crap. The divas have no storylines in which can fill the whole hour and well, it just seems utterly pointless to build one match on a whole show.

Evan Bourne being left off the card sucks but Swagger seems just about right.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
No storylines?

Melina vs. Beth & Rosa

Maryse vs. McCool

Natalya vs. Alicia Fox

This show could be GREAT!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.

Could be? How do we know that they are going to be booking something totally different. It Could Be great but I have my doubts

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Yeah, and Wrestlemania could be great as well. But on the other hand we could have the tag team unification match end in DQ, be restarted as No DQ, then end in count out. Every event has the potential to b bad. A good card doesn't mean a good show and a bad card could be the best show ever (very unlikely to happen, but it could).