Phil Jones = new Roy Keane?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Phil Jones has really impressed me in the midfield position so far this match. I believe he would be really sucessfull as a Ball Winner defensive midfielder, something man utd hasnt had since roy keane left.

Thoughts?

I would also like to notify that Jones in midfield means that either Cleverly or Anderson can start. However both of them are really talented and making real improvements this season, having one of them sit on the bench wouldnt be fair. Anderson is arguably a better player than cleverly, however cleverley will get more starting line up time due to being british.

I would also like to mention that Giggs has been United's best winger this season. Valencia was on striking form last season but no so much in this, Young just isnt good enough to play at a big club like United imo, and Nani has been just awful.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Phil Jones does this job well. He has made Gareth Bale and Fellaini (so far) look like nothing. I need to see more of him to compare him to one of the best central midfielders the premier league has ever seen, but it's promising. He is a centre back though; there are plenty of CDM's in the world we can buy to play this position.

Naming Giggs as our best winger this season isn't a compliment when our wingers have been awful. Welback at wing is still better.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Phil Jones does this job well. He has made Gareth Bale and Fellaini (so far) look like nothing. I need to see more of him to compare him to one of the best central midfielders the premier league has ever seen, but it's promising. He is a centre back though; there are plenty of CDM's in the world we can buy to play this position.

Naming Giggs as our best winger this season isn't a compliment when our wingers have been awful. Welback at wing is still better.

I dont think Welbeck at wing is even good, let alone better. Hes much better as a complete forward with his pace allowing him to run behind defenders.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Going to ignore that idiocy ^^.

Anyway, your point earlier: Anderson isn't regularly selected because he's inconsistent and seemingly constantly returning from injury. Cleverely is Mr Consistent at the moment. His passing is great, his vision is great, his tracking is probably the best in the team and his energy levels the same. Cleverely is rightly chosen ahead of Anderson -- who does have more "spark" -- for the right reasons; not because he is British.

Giggs was great today but he isn't great every game, and I don't really want to waste my time convincing Giggs' biggest fan that personally. I worry when I see his name on the team-sheet as I never know which Giggs I'm going to get, but that applies to all our wingers at the moment.

As for today's performance: We were great, professional, hard working and SOLID. Rafael was rightly named man of the match and is quickly maturing and becoming an incredible right-back. The team is so much more solid with Vidic in the middle, and I sincerely hope he plays mid-week against Real Madrid because we are a much better side with him in the team.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Going to ignore that idiocy ^^.

Anyway, your point earlier: Anderson isn't regularly selected because he's inconsistent and seemingly constantly returning from injury. Cleverely is Mr Consistent at the moment. His passing is great, his vision is great, his tracking is probably the best in the team and his energy levels the same. Cleverely is rightly chosen ahead of Anderson -- who does have more "spark" -- for the right reasons; not because he is British.

:haha::upset::haha:

Cleverley has vision?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
No he's blind, which makes his incredible passes even better.

:damnn: Implying cleverley can play through passes.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK said:
:damnn: Implying cleverley can play through passes.

So the reason Cleverley is picked constantly by Sir Alex and Roy Hodgson is because?

Please support another team. I'd much rather read your disgusting and constantly wrong analysis for Man City or some other team.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
So the reason Cleverley is picked constantly by Sir Alex and Roy Hodgson is because?

Please support another team. I'd much rather read your disgusting and constantly wrong analysis for Man City or some other team.

Typical british guy, overrating their players, im not british, hence i can support and accept the facts at the same time. British players have always been overrated from the days of lampard and gerrard, when they were hailed as the best midfielders in the world, we all saw how that worked out when they actually had to play against good teams in the international level.

Anyways, back on topic, Cleverly is a working class midfielder with lots of stamina, thats why hes selected by Ferguson. Dont even talk about Hodgson, nobody rates him as a manager, failure with liverpool and failure with england. Anderson is a playmaker, he has creativity, Cleverley doesnt, if anderson didnt have so many frequent injuries he would have been the number 1 choice for central midfield position in united by now. Cleverley is nothing special, hes a hard worker, got lots of stamina, and can keep the ball moving with short passes, thats about it.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
ColeMiner said:
Cleverley > Anderson, there's no two ways about it imo.

Not even close. British players are always hugely overrated.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Lol, sure, Cleverley is better than Anderson imo, how does that make all british players over rated?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
ColeMiner said:
Lol, sure, Cleverley is better than Anderson imo, how does that make all british players over rated?

Lampard, Cleverly, Walcott, Rooney (people thought he was going to be the GOAT along with the likes of Pele and Maradona lmao), Owen, Shearer, Milner, Ashley Cole, Wilshere, Carroll, Johnson do i need to say more?