Personality vs Persona

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

In the uk dude you would get what im saying lol. A cow here is like a bitch lol.

LKP

No i meant being as that your from the UK you would know. I guess its a welsh thing. :).

LadyHotrod

In light of recent conversation, I was wondering what everybody thinks about this.

Does the man behind the wrestlers personality have anything to do with their ability to get over with fans? And should it?

John Cena as an example.

All around good guy. Supports the troops, visits sick kids etc. His in ring persona is much the same. BUT. Do people connect with his character so well because he is everything he appears to be?

If he was a douche in real life, do you think that he would be as successful as the face he is?

I just used him as an example, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about it in general.

IMO, it's great when people do positive things outside the ring, but, at the same time, I try to keep what they do outside the ring away from what they do inside the ring. If someone is a complete asshole outside the ring but is a great wrestler and puts on a good show night after night, I don't care how many times they put shit in gym bags. They are wrestlers and I don't think their personal lives should really have anything to do with what they do inside the ring.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Maryse is so much better than a cow, she is a donkey.

Like a hee-haw donkey, or does this have some 'other' meaning to it as well?

lmao @LKP Maryse as a cow not a Moo Moo cow but as in bitch ROFL, Dude if you say she is a cow she is a cow if you say bitch you mean bitch One's a dog one's a cow. Which do you mean. IMO(from a girls point of view) she is both lol

You a chick, bro? Or are you just assuming something from a womens point of view?

If personalities represent personas, how do you explain Chyna and Beth? Are they women tapping into their masculine side, vice versa....

Or how about Goldust?

kingovkings

Reaction score

You a chick, bro? Or are you just assuming something from a womens point of view?

If personalities represent personas, how do you explain Chyna and Beth? Are they women tapping into their masculine side, vice versa....

Or how about Goldust?

Im a chick but kingov kings throws a lot of peeps :) But queen of kings didnt have the same ring to it seen as im a HHH mark rofl.

maty619

Reaction score

Or how about Goldust?

-No I was just messing, I was basically taking it too far.
-I think Beth and Chyna are just feaks of nature.
-Goldust probably has multiple personalities or something like that (I can't think of the name of it).

kingovkings

Reaction score
Beth and Chyna had great physiques and were awesome at what they did/do. Id say that their personalities spill over into there in ring persona's. The Dominant female thrusting her power in a Male dominant profession, Especially in Chynas run in the wwe it did. And Beth now her little spell in the Rumble was a look at me mixing it up with the men thing.

Gold dust he is just coooooooooooool camp as Christmas lol. I dont know what he is like in real life camp or not but what ever he pulls that shit off to a tee. Bit like oh shit whats his name big bald dude wore dress name began with a V i think he was the shit too ROFL vigo or something like that.

kingovkings

Reaction score
No not him he was fat. This dude was White and pretty ripped but wore dresses. Pretty funny 2. Someone will come along and say who it is lol

LadyHotrod

-No I was just messing, I was basically taking it too far.
-I think Beth and Chyna are just feaks of nature.
-Goldust probably has multiple personalities or something like that (I can't think of the name of it).

Sorry but that is just a Blue statement. A chick who works out and gets big isn't a 'freak of nature'.