Perhaps the easiest way to determine who has the right to call their sport "Football"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
How is American football the real football, when 80% of the planet considers the one actually played with your feet the real deal?
It does not make a lick of sense.

That would mean that I could create my own version of baseball in Sweden and take the name baseball as my own and yours would be fake/the non-real version.

lol read the first 4 words of my post again... you will see that I only posted the truth.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
f6725b27bb3ed6a823686bfd934abe67.jpg

;)

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
How is American football the real football, when 80% of the planet considers the one actually played with your feet the real deal?
It does not make a lick of sense.

That would mean that I could create my own version of baseball in Sweden and take the name baseball as my own and yours would be fake/the non-real version.

Murricans > rest of the world. Obviously.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You could. Go for it. Nobody would give a fuck, unlike you fucks who literally seem to lose sleep over what Americans call our shit. Nobody cares wtf you call shit. Why do you all care so much about our shit? Besides the obvious fact that we are so beastly and polarizing.

Reactions: The Showstopper1

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Just seems like a sandbox argument in my eyes. I know the origin of the name in the states is at least partially taken from the fact that the ball is one foot long. But still one would think that with there already being an established sport since the 12th century, which is also the biggest sport in the world. That there would at least be some form of differentiation to the name of the minority/sub sport. Like the relation between grunge rock and regular rock, or skate punk and regular punk.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Just seems like a sandbox argument in my eyes. I know the origin of the name in the states is at least partially taken from the fact that the ball is one foot long. But still one would think that with there already being an established sport since the 12th century, which is also the biggest sport in the world. That there would at least be some form of differentiation to the name of the minority/sub sport. Like the relation between grunge rock and regular rock, or skate punk and regular punk.
But we don't care. Why do you

like Patrice O'Neil used to say, that's why America >>>. We just don't give a fuck.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Wikipedia bitches
Etymology and names
In the United States, American football is referred to as "football".[2] The term "football" was officially established in the rulebook for the 1876 college football season, when the sport first shifted from soccer-style rules to rugby-style rules; although it could easily have been called "rugby" at this point, Harvard, one of the primary proponents of the rugby-style game, compromised and did not request the name of the sport be changed to "rugby".[3] In countries where other codes of football are popular, such as the United Kingdom and Australia, the terms "gridiron" or "American football" are favored.[4][5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Why does nobody get on Australia's case? They did the same shit, no? Made up a game, called it footy/football... but yea, fuck America!

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Why does nobody get on Australia's case? They did the same shit, no? Made up a game, called it footy/football... but yea, fuck America!
Why don't we get upset at Canada for taking the name "football" for that bastardized version they play up there? Cause we don't give a fuck

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Why don't we get upset at Canada for taking the name "football" for that bastardized version they play up there? Cause we don't give a fuck
Canadian football is the same shit pretty much. I'd watch it if it weren't for the stupid ass rule that half your roster has to be Canadian. If there were more college football stars who didn't make it in the NFL it would be watchable.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lol. Classic bit of stupidity right here.
I don't understand why so many foreigners are critical of the headline. It was poking fun at public reaction to the tie. Most celebrated it as a win. I don't see what is so comical, unless you are laughing at American soccer fans being excited about a draw, but in reality the draw pretty much assured they would advance past the group stage, which they did. So again, I just don't see what is so bad about it.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Do people care this much about a name? Lol.

Jesus, in honestly, OP didn't mean shit, nobody truly gives a shit about the name unless they have a 12 inch bent stick up their ass and anybody who does care enough to try and make a argument over the name of a sport, good for you.

Reactions: Snowman1

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I don't even watch any sports nowadays anyway. WWE is the closest thing really.