Paul Heyman to TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

The rumors continue...

Source: PWTorch.com

There is a feeling among friends of Paul Heyman that he would accept a position with TNA if he had power beyond just writing the shows. Heyman apparently feels TNA needs an overhaul both on the talent side and in the office but doesn’t believe Dixie Carter would give him so much power, so he isn’t taking the idea of working for TNA seriously. Likewise, Carter hasn’t reached out to Heyman regarding a creative position yet despite recommendations.

Heyman does have detractors within TNA, primarily those who fear they would lose power or even their jobs if Heyman was brought in and given the power he wants. Meanwhile, others simply don’t have confidence in his abilities anymore.

Heyman’s name has come up within TNA before, and there are many stories of people badmouthing him to Dixie Carter. While most of the locker room seems open to the idea, there’s bad blood between Heyman and Team 3D and some other former ECW stars who have shared stories about mismanagement in ECW.

On the other side of the coin, Heyman has had good relationships with Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, Shawn Daivari, and Ken “Mr. Kennedy†Anderson who is expected to sign with TNA eventually. He’s also had a good rapport over the years with TNA head of talent relations Terry Taylor, whose stock within the company seems to be rising.

Nevertheless, it might be a difficult sell to Carter, who has been hearing bad stories about Heyman for years. Plus, there are already some within the company who feel that Heyman publicly saying he would “never†work for TNA was a snub and the primary reason why Carter shouldn’t consider bringing him in.

I don't think Heyman will get hired if he has a bad relationship with many of the workers, especially Dixie Carter. It feels like TNA is in turnmoil right now and this is either going to end up really good for the company, or really bad.

This Guy

I think the key is the power thing. Unless he has complete creative control I doubt he'd take the job. I'm also positive that he would be unable to work with Russo.

As for the original ECW well yeah I mean he did mismanage that, but its always been said that Heyman was better creatively. I don't think thats changed. I'm pretty sure if Heyman would be brought in it would be strickly for creative and not to run all the operations of the company. I'm sure others would handle those areas. And I'm sure Heyman would be okay with only doing creative/booking, but as I said I'm sure he would want 100% creative control in that scense, much like what Russo wanted when he took the job with WCW and why he quit WCW when they rehired him when he found out he wasn't getting it again.

Reaction score
^^^ The young guys would totally be excited. Do you know how easy that man could successfully rehash the Tazz gimmick with Samoa Joe as his vehicle?
Guys like LAX, MCMGs would flourish under Heyman booking.

I don't know how receptive useless, no draw legends like Nash and Steiner would be. I'm certain they'd be asked to do what the only thing they can really do at this point in their careers, give rubs to the new guys, and how well can they keep their egos in check? Angle, Booker,Foley and Sting are different cases as the latter two are bonafide bankable and the others are still recognizable having been in the E recently.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. I could still see those 4 you mentioned shuffling through the main events with some younger guys (you hear that TNA....with some younger guys....not each other).

This Guy

there is only one flaw though. In an ideal world, Paul Heyman comes in as head of creative and booking for TNA. He gets complete creative control and is able to book how he wants etc with Dixie and the rest of Panda Energy/TNA Management running the rest of the buisness, finance, etc.

If that was how it worked, I have no doubt that TNA would show record jumps in Ratings and Buy rates, Ultimately becoming a viable threat to the WWE's eternal grip on the wrestling industry.

The problem is as someone mentioned guys like Nash, Stiener, and sadly I would add guys like Foley & Angle, Booker & Sting in that as well. That problem is they have high figure contracts, and most likely have some creative contol over themselves. Angle claims he does. I'd be shocked if Nash doesn't. And after Foley feeling mistreated and abused in the WWE I wouldn't be suprised if he has it too.

So when Heyman tries to exercise his creative contol to say, have Angle lose the TNA Title to say Christopher Daniels, does Angle drop the title or play his creative control card? Suddenly Heyman is in the same poistion WCW was in, and I'd bet real money that Heyman leaves and/or the product still remains stale with him in charge.

Airfixx

TNA give guys creative control?

Shiiiit, I din't think anyone would be THAT dumb again after the WCW debacle!

insanity_x

Reaction score
If TNA wanted those big former WWE guys enough, and they wanted creative control clauses then TNA might just be stupid enough to let them. I mean as their logic seems to consist of "WWE gets good ratings. These guys are from WWE. Therefore if we hire them, our ratings will improve" they might just think that an improvement in the ratings will be worth the ego stroking that creative control will inevitably cause.

Beer Money Army

tna should sign him to be in-control of the wrestler's pay salaries :shifty:

Reaction score
there is only one flaw though. In an ideal world, Paul Heyman comes in as head of creative and booking for TNA. He gets complete creative control and is able to book how he wants etc with Dixie and the rest of Panda Energy/TNA Management running the rest of the buisness, finance, etc.

If that was how it worked, I have no doubt that TNA would show record jumps in Ratings and Buy rates, Ultimately becoming a viable threat to the WWE's eternal grip on the wrestling industry.

The problem is as someone mentioned guys like Nash, Stiener, and sadly I would add guys like Foley & Angle, Booker & Sting in that as well. That problem is they have high figure contracts, and most likely have some creative contol over themselves. Angle claims he does. I'd be shocked if Nash doesn't. And after Foley feeling mistreated and abused in the WWE I wouldn't be suprised if he has it too.

So when Heyman tries to exercise his creative contol to say, have Angle lose the TNA Title to say Christopher Daniels, does Angle drop the title or play his creative control card? Suddenly Heyman is in the same poistion WCW was in, and I'd bet real money that Heyman leaves and/or the product still remains stale with him in charge.

Angle and Foley have never showed any signs of un-professionalism. I think Angle has never cried about doing a job and Foley stated that he joined TNA to "lend his name" to them, which I'd imagine he'd do jobs to get people over. He did it for Orton and Edge in WWE, but I think the TNA booking sabotaged all of the goals Foley originally set out to achieve and not only sabotaging Foley, they've sabotaged themselves and set themselves back booking a 40+ retired man as their World Champ. Plus Foley would salivate at the chance to work with Paul again. Sting...I dunno, never ever heard of
any backstage problems or ego. I'd imagine if he wanted something he'd get it. Always heard high praise for him and I think he is a consummate professional.

Nash probably has ZERO creative control. He has a huge paycheck, as do all the guys who are paid by Spike, not TNA. Most of these washups are put on TNA, not that TNA wants them but Spike does. And what the bank wants the bank gets. What evidence is there that Nash or Stiener have creative control? All zero of their TNA World Title reigns? Nash working with the Naturals and Black Machismo? Stiener working with Petey? They have egos but they are also wised up to the business. Nash knows he hasn't drawn shit for over a decade while Stiener was never a draw, just a champion for a dying, destitute, desperate company. They are lucky they have friends and ass backward bookers running the company but they keep their egos in check because they don't have creative control. Their spots on the card are because Russo apparently is still living in 1999, not because of backstage politicking. I dont know if they'd be in any position to bitch about Paul.

Great One

TNA give guys creative control?

Shiiiit, I din't think anyone would be THAT dumb again after the WCW debacle!
People just like to think they know what they are talking about/think they know what goes on backstage.

Axis

One thing to note Sting, I remember when he lost the title to Abyss, he really wanted to just lose clean instead of doing the stupid DQ deal. So yeah, he's apparently very willing to put people over.

This Guy

Angle and Foley have never showed any signs of un-professionalism. I think Angle has never cried about doing a job and Foley stated that he joined TNA to "lend his name" to them, which I'd imagine he'd do jobs to get people over. He did it for Orton and Edge in WWE, but I think the TNA booking sabotaged all of the goals Foley originally set out to achieve and not only sabotaging Foley, they've sabotaged themselves and set themselves back booking a 40+ retired man as their World Champ. Plus Foley would salivate at the chance to work with Paul again. Sting...I dunno, never ever heard of
any backstage problems or ego. I'd imagine if he wanted something he'd get it. Always heard high praise for him and I think he is a consummate professional.

Nash probably has ZERO creative control. He has a huge paycheck, as do all the guys who are paid by Spike, not TNA. Most of these washups are put on TNA, not that TNA wants them but Spike does. And what the bank wants the bank gets. What evidence is there that Nash or Stiener have creative control? All zero of their TNA World Title reigns? Nash working with the Naturals and Black Machismo? Stiener working with Petey? They have egos but they are also wised up to the business. Nash knows he hasn't drawn shit for over a decade while Stiener was never a draw, just a champion for a dying, destitute, desperate company. They are lucky they have friends and ass backward bookers running the company but they keep their egos in check because they don't have creative control. Their spots on the card are because Russo apparently is still living in 1999, not because of backstage politicking. I dont know if they'd be in any position to bitch about Paul.

All though you may be right about everything you said, there is one flaw in your theory. You say its Spike TV that wants them....thats not the case. Spike only pays the bills because TNA can't aford to and its part of there deal. TNA wants Nash, they want Stiener, if they didn't they'd be gone and Spike would be more then happy to put the money else where. If everyone knows there not a draw then why does Spike want them there? You talk about all the young guys that Nash & Stiener have worked with....where are they all now? Lethal is the only one still employeed by a major promotion. All that work with the Naturals & Williams and they didn't even get a look at by the WWE when TNA cut them loose. Why? Because in the big picture of Pro Wrestling there still nobodies. So if your going to talk about these old guys as actually been useful use better examples. The only problem is there is none.

You also talk about Angle being willing to put people over. Yeah he put Lethal over and he jobbed to Joe. Again so what? Hogan once jobbed to Billy Kidman, didn't make Kidman a star though. Lethal as mentioned hasn't been seen in weeks. Joe is now a MEM lacky. They took so long and so long to build Joe up to the World Title, gave him a pretty good run with it, then he lost it and has been a mid carder and is now even the curtain jerker ever since.

Now of course I'm not saying that there isn't pleanty of people to blame for all this, obviously TNA management definatly being among them, but you can not honestly tell me that you don't see the similarities between WCW and TNA and not suspect for even a second that some of these older stars (Angle, Nash, Foley, Stiener, Booker, etc) have some sort of pull in the company.

chessarmy

^ I agree with you except you're wrong imo, about one thing.

Samoa Joe

How can ANYONE complain about the push he's been getting!? MEM lackey? Did you see how everyone in the Mafia put him over? They made him look like a million bucks! And it didn't only happen once, last week on iMPACT! Taz made Joe look like the biggest badass on the planet. TNA are doing a great job with Joe.

As for the other young stars...eh...not so much