Paul Heyman On The Uso's, Punk/Lesnar & More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Paul Heyman has been very active on Twitter this week since returning to WWE programming on Monday.

Heyman wrote the following on The Uso's over several tweets:

"Amazing seeing @WWEusos ... remember, I haven't been around for half a decade ... The last time I saw these two, they were little kids doing splashes off the top rope in the Omni before the show when I managed their Dad. Yes, that makes me old, but I recognize TALENT. @WWEusos are talented. Time for these young Samoans to eat up the competition!"

Heyman also retweeted a fans tweet saying he wanted to see a Brock Lesnar versus CM Punk feud.

When asked if Heyman would bring back wearing his signature ball cap, he responded:

ansKa6.png

I agree about The Usos statement. They should definitely be pushed and why they aren't I do not know. The Usos are one of the best tag teams, if not the best WWE has, and they have been around long enough to be determined as a credible tag team but they just need a push into the tag title scene. The fans know who they are and they actually get some sort of reaction from the crowd and the pyro always also helps entrances. They have good charisma, work well as a team and have a good wrestling family background. Hopefully since Heyman said this WWE has took notice.

And damn, I wish he will bring the baseball cap back.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Oh no, he's not bringing the baseball cap back, I hope he doesn't appear on TV now :(

Why the fuck would the WWE want to push a talented team like The Uso's when they push such an awful team like Young & O'Neil.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh no, he's not bringing the baseball cap back, I hope he doesn't appear on TV now :(

Why the fuck would the WWE want to push a talented team like The Uso's when they push such an awful team like Young & O'Neil.

Samoans aren't black.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee

I think WWE's mindset is that they can take Titus & Young and get them over because of their ineptitude in that same Vickie Guerrero or John Laurainitis way... Of course failing to realise that the reason Vickie is over is because she's good at it and Johnny has been booked superbly.

That's honestly my best take on why they're trying to push Titus & Young, and its still stupid. Hell, if they were on Raw I might've even told myself that this is all going somewhere.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be fair, praising the Usos aint new. The whole announce teams do. The big problem that they have is Tamina isn't a good manager and talker, and they aren't good talkers as seen on numerous commentary outings on NXT. They just aren't comfortable sadly. I think if you gave them someone like Maxine they would take off.

Darrena n Titus arent pretty in the ring like I said, but they get the reaction. They just get one from the crowd and know how to put themselves over. If the Usos could just be a little bit more confident in putting themselves over on the stick or headset they would be the team of the company. I personally don't get how they can be so good in their entrance and then clam up when they see a mic

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
And yet the mouth piece goes to Primo and Epico???

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The thing I never got was why they didn't let Rosa talk as that is what got her called up from OVW as Roucka, a vocal manager.

Aniking

Reaction score
The big problem that they have is Tamina isn't a good manager and talker, and they aren't good talkers as seen on numerous commentary outings on NXT. They just aren't comfortable sadly. I think if you gave them someone like Maxine they would take off.

Them not being good on the mic doesn't make a single bit of difference in the tag division. Primo & Epico haven't once spoke on the mic yet they became Tag Team Champions after only existing as a team for a couple of weeks. Plus Tamina never comes to the ring with The Usos anymore, so she's irrelevant when The Usos are brought up.

I'm a fan of The Usos and have been for a while now. Alongside Primo & Epico, they're the only legit tag team in the company when you really think about it. Kingston & Truth have obviously been thrown together for whatever reason, Hawkins & Reks were thrown together a while ago, O'Neil & Young were thrown together on NXT, and I'm pretty sure that's it. The Usos debuted as a tag team and still are a tag team, a very talented tag team that rarely gets booked.

Hopefully Heyman's tweets carry some sort of power now that he is back in the WWE, although I doubt it.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Finally, the Usos will be relevant under a real observer.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Them not being good on the mic doesn't make a single bit of difference in the tag division. Primo & Epico haven't once spoke on the mic yet they became Tag Team Champions after only existing as a team for a couple of weeks. Plus Tamina never comes to the ring with The Usos anymore, so she's irrelevant when The Usos are brought up.

I'm a fan of The Usos and have been for a while now. Alongside Primo & Epico, they're the only legit tag team in the company when you really think about it. Kingston & Truth have obviously been thrown together for whatever reason, Hawkins & Reks were thrown together a while ago, O'Neil & Young were thrown together on NXT, and I'm pretty sure that's it. The Usos debuted as a tag team and still are a tag team, a very talented tag team that rarely gets booked.

Hopefully Heyman's tweets carry some sort of power now that he is back in the WWE, although I doubt it.
The Thing is Tamina had went back to being with them on NxT. Half their feuds were over her during their time there as a matter of fact.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think the Uso's inability to fully get over is a little more systemic than them just not being awesome on the mic or something (after all they're exciting as can be in their entrane and ring work). I think its the same sort of thing that handicaps Primo & Epico.

WWE's fans of today aren't conditioned to getting behind tag teams thanks in no small part to the "superstar" mentality, and since the division is dead and has been for years they don't really have a reason to. The ceiling for them is smaller than the Divas division and everybody knows it. The tag division is a black hole of nothingness and until that problem is fixed, these guys are going to go nowhere regardless of what they're doing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well wwe should have just stuck with alliances winning the belt ala Miz and Morrison, Showmiz, Jerishow, Kane and Show, and so on. In fact most of the successful ones have been alliances for years on Raw which had the real wwf tag titles the Dudley's, Hardys, and E&C killed themselves for to make the division respectable. I mean the teams that have sold over there are Air Boom, Kane and Show, Kane and RVD, Kane and Hurricane, Book and Goldy, Flair and Dave, DX, Cody and Ted ... none real teams, more so alliances like a Titus/Young or Dolph/Swagger than the traditional team ala the Usos, Colons, or Londrick when they switched shows. A tag team basically has to get over on Raw to be taken seriously and be truly values, but to do that you both have to have followings and individual personalities

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hopefully someone takes notice and remembers that The Uso's are on the Smackdown roster and are available to work. Maybe this Titus/Young combo is WWE's way to give them a chance before WWE decides whether to release them or not. The Uso's not having won the tag team titles yet is odd, kind of like how Cryme Tyme never won the title even though they were one of the most over teams during the years they were around and the division was poor when they were around as well.

With the cap I only want him to bring it back if he also brings back his mobile phone as well :p

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well wwe should have just stuck with alliances winning the belt ala Miz and Morrison, Showmiz, Jerishow, Kane and Show, and so on. In fact most of the successful ones have been alliances for years on Raw which had the real wwf tag titles the Dudley's, Hardys, and E&C killed themselves for to make the division respectable. I mean the teams that have sold over there are Air Boom, Kane and Show, Kane and RVD, Kane and Hurricane, Book and Goldy, Flair and Dave, DX, Cody and Ted ... none real teams, more so alliances like a Titus/Young or Dolph/Swagger than the traditional team ala the Usos, Colons, or Londrick when they switched shows. A tag team basically has to get over on Raw to be taken seriously and be truly values, but to do that you both have to have followings and individual personalities
But those 3 weren't alliances, they all came onto the roster as proper tag teams. Also, saying that only alliance tag teams work is just absolutely bullshit and short sighted. The reason why those teams worked was because effort was put into them, mic time, storylines, regular TV time etc not because they were 2 random guys put together. Put Taker/Kane back together and throw them back into todays tag team debacle with no real storylines, no mic time and all that jazz and it would still blow. Sure they would probably bring a few more eyes back to it because of their stature but without all the necessities I just mentioned, it would be pretty horrible. Given all the things i've just mentioned, there's absolutely no reason why The Uso's or The Colon's V2 couldn't bring credibility back to the division. It's the exact same thing the Divas division.