Paul Burchill...done?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

It all started around a month ago when they fed him to Batista. I almost thought "eh, well they can't put him over Batista..perhaps he needed a credible opponent to crush to look strong going into the PPV".
Then he disappeared off TV for a few weeks. Last night we was pretty much squashed by Jamie Noble, tapping out IMMEDIATELY to the arm bar.

I really like Burchill and thought he had what it takes to really become something this time around. It would seem we're only a short ways away from WWE wishing Burchill the best in his future endeavors.

What do you guys think?

ringo_shells

Reaction score
isnt that the WWE way?

You disappear from TV's. Then you get to be squashed for a while. Then all of a sudden you're let go en masse with a bunch of other talent that they _could_ use well, but don't.

Airfixx

It all started around a month ago when they fed him to Batista. I almost thought "eh, well they can't put him over Batista..perhaps he needed a credible opponent to crush to look strong going into the PPV".

Yeah, I still had faith at that point...

It's very frustrating that guys like Burchill can't get over (at least as much as is deemed necessary by WWE in order to earn a proper push) when it's largely due to a lack of TV time... Guess it's another argument for brand-exclusive PPVs.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i was so surprised he lost to noble but hopefully he joins with regal now and gets a push...

Vandy316

Reaction score
i must be the only one who thinks that the armbar couldve actually hurt Burchill. cause imo it looked pretty nasty. but that could just be me wishing that Paul isnt going back into the shitter

chessarmy

I don't really care if he does get released, he is pretty generic imo, and he is decent in the ring.

Ballin

Reaction score
He'll be done soon, same ol' cat, nothing to special, decent heel. I think he could do well in ECW though. Now, keep his sister Katie Lea on RAW just 'cause she's one of the better diva wrestlers and have her fued with Beth Phoenix = Money.

humankiller99

Reaction score
i hope he gets released. he is so bland. even when he did the jack sparrow gimmick it was boring. and katie lea looks like a dog anyways

Reaction score
i hope he gets released. he is so bland. even when he did the jack sparrow gimmick it was boring. and katie lea looks like a dog anyways

Kaite Lea Burchill isn't the best looking diva, but I wouldn't call her a dog. Not at all. lol

Ballin

Reaction score
ok point taken.. she is ugly though. i mean at least she is better looking than jillian hall (though her boobs look nice)

WTF are you snorting? Jillian's one of the hottest divas and Katie Lea is hot as fuck too.

Don't tell me you wouldn't tap that :nono:

seX-Power

Kelly Kelly ftw!

But on topic, Paul Burchill will end up as either a face on Smackdown or a heel on ECW or released. He has no place on Raw, and I see the most likely option is he being released along with Palumbo, Deuce and a few others. Katie is a very solis diva and should stay though.

Airfixx

re: The Divas.... "I'll tap that" etc..... Dream on children!

IMO It'll be a real shame if they split Paul & Katie (for Katie's sake as much as for my rating Paul), but if if it means Burchill stays then I'm down with it... The guy's a beast - I love his style.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Katie's hawt, and can wrestle. Just thought I'd point that out.

As far as Burchill goes as a wrestler, I don't actually rate him. Everyone creams over him like he's something amazing, but he has no charisma, and is just decent in the ring. I find him tedious and boring at times. I mean, he just goes about things like he's out there to do his bit, and leave. he doesn't get the crowd involved in his matches, and he doesn't even attempt to draw heat (unless tilting your head counts after you have finished a beatdown).

Basically, I couldn't care less if he left. But Katie must stay.