Paige Talks Winning NXT Diva's Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
WWE.com has a lengthy article up on 20-year-old Saraya-Jade Bevis, who wrestles as Paige (aka Britani Knight) in WWE's developmental territory, becoming the first ever NXT Women's Champion. Paige has been wrestling for WWE since late 2011, when she started in the now defunct FCW promotion. She defeated Emma in the final round of a tournament, with the last episode airing July 25th, to become the women's champion.

"To be the first NXT Women's Champion is such an honor. It’s so overwhelming that it hasn’t fully sunk in yet. Emma gave me a heck of a match and I have so much respect for her. We made history. I still can't believe I can say that I've made history in WWE. I cried and cried when I won it and the support from everyone has been crazy. I’m getting goose bumps and teary-eyed just talking about it."

WWE Superstar and COO Triple H hit the ring after Paige's NXT title match to award her the belt, and raise her hand in victory, as most of the NXT Diva's applauded. The match is available now on Hulu Plus.

It Seems Like She Is Ready To Debut Soon.

How Would You Have Her Debut?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Triple H certainly likes pushing pale people.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Crazy that she is only 20 and has been signed to WWE since she was 18. Still so very young and you can see why someone like JR is preaching for patience when it comes to pushing someone so young onto the main roster. She clearly has plenty of time left in her career and there isn't really any need to rush her onto RAW. In saying that I would be happy for her to promoted soon to add some quality to the divas division but I can see why they have been patient. Extremely talented and one of the best parts of NXT currently.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
She's right where she needs to be. She is doing a lot right now for a 20 year. Going into the WWE might hurt her right now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Keep her off the road until she totally gets her smarts together, putting a kid on the road is a recipe for disaster, like when they put Kelly Kelly on the raod when she was 19. You don't want another diva being passed around like a doobie.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great interview she really got over what a special feeling it is to be signed to WWE and make history as the first NXT Ladies champion a lot of the main roster could take note of that.

I think they should wait at least six months before promoting her to the main roster. Have her get a number of wins under her belt as champ then maybe drop it to Emma on her way out, they can even promote NXT by saying "look at Paige she is debuting on the main roster soon, that is what winning the NXT Ladies title can lead to".